• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Sangoku

Smash Master
ciaza: They already have plenty of servers.

And to Olikus and stuff: I don't think that will change much for the following reasons:

- The delay won't be changed compared to what we have now.
- The lag neither (except from server lag, but lately this doesn't seem to be really present).
- We aren't that many players, so we don't even need a entire server just for us.
- 2-3 players (meaning half the total number of players) can host p2p already.
- I don't think this will increase the community.
- Teams are for chumps.

What I mean is the problems we have (lag, delay, ...) aren't related to the server. But do what you feel is right. This is just my opinion so you don't waste money/energy/time on something I feel useless.

firo

Smash Ace
Looks like more issues with the hosting company (UGS). Sigh. Their servers just act up sometimes and refuse to start for a day or two. Hopefully be back online soon...

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Good. We were meant to have sake at ACL but it never happened =/

Isn't the next major in an Anglican church though? xD

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Actually everything i said was correct it's just smash64 people want a social area to say "what ever" comes up... and not enough of yous venture out into the rest of the SWF to know there's like 50 of these stupid rooms :p

Sangoku

Smash Master
Each forum has its own (even melee char specific >_>) so it's justice that we have ours. Plus we don't want melee or brawl noobs to see our bright/clever/witty posts and debate.

:phone:

Battlecow

Play to Win
This thread is 300% better for debating in than the proving grounds

And people actually post in it, so it's 100000% better than the Debate hall

The Star King

Smash Hero
Lol @ Surri saying it's pointless because there'll be as much spam, if not more.

Even if that's true, isn't it better to have all the spam in one place, rather than having it interrupt productive discussion in threads all over the section?

Yeah, I'm replying to posts over two years old. Get at me.

malva00

Smash Master
so Genesis 2 is July 15-17th, and I'm going to Peru July 26th

a while until then, but I'm looking forward to getting a bunch of new matches onto my youtube

Battlecow

Play to Win
Playing against CPUs/Scrubs on-console: OMFGWTFFFFFFFFF **** **** **** combos, not as good actual play.

DMoogle

A$
dmoogle i really don't understand ur censorship because there really is a topic made by battlecow proclaiming jews as the master race in the debate hall

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=303519

i understand if u would infract me by thinking I used jew as a derogatory term, but I didn't
Hmmm, I see your point. I did indeed think that you had used it in a derogatory fashion.

I've reversed the infraction.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I like how my last 2 topics in the PG have been

"Death panels for the elderly"

and

"Jews: A Master Race?"

And they still take me completely seriously. I think they might all be Asian or something.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
you're just mad since all the asians are excluding you from their debate club where they only talk about religion and 9/11 and occasionally existentialism

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
I like how my last 2 topics in the PG have been

"Death panels for the elderly"

and

"Jews: A Master Race?"

And they still take me completely seriously. I think they might all be Asian or something.
No the concept of the proving grounds it to prove your ability to debate, the debate hall is supposed to be serious, we tend to think that all the people in the proving grounds wish to get in.

The Star King

Smash Hero
i reckon alancitu is as good as superboom
If he is I'll eat my hat.

I think it would be hard to realize how good Boomfan is from just videos, since his combos/tech skill or whatever isn't that special, and those sort of things are what stick out in videos the most.

With that said, the same could be said about Alancitu towards me. Maybe he's super amazing at reading people or something, hard to say, since I haven't played him. But meh, I don't think so.

No the concept of the proving grounds it to prove your ability to debate, the debate hall is supposed to be serious, we tend to think that all the people in the proving grounds wish to get in.
U funny

malva00

Smash Master
inb4 isai gets 4 stocked

woah i just witnessed the new "smashboards updates the page with new/edited posts for you in real time" feature

NixxxoN

Smash Master
With that said, the same could be said about Alancitu towards me. Maybe he's super amazing at reading people or something, hard to say, since I haven't played him. But meh, I don't think so.
This... What people should not say is bold assumptions like "he only knows to combo". Play him first and then talk.

Top Bottom