• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
I like counter picks, but back to front, I do it most of the time all the wrong way.
If someone picks Falcon/Fox/Kirby/Pika/Mario Most of the time I pick Link so I get to be on disadvantage, that makes the match a little exciter.

EDIT: Here again, what SuPeRbOoM said. xD

ballin4life

Smash Hero
I don't mind getting counterpicked most of the time ... but I do mind when the other person picks a character that's going to make for a boring match haha.

I guess I basically dislike playing against Samus and Jiggs unless I am Fox or maybe Pikachu ... not because of counterpicks but just because I find floaty spacing battles to be more boring.

I especially hate Kirby against Samus because it's like "yo i wanna use kirby and utilt for days" and samus is like "nah dat **** only combos like twice"

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
I started playing Shadow Dragon of the fire emblem series and I have to say Marth looks a LOT younger than he does in the smash games.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I don't mind getting counterpicked most of the time ... but I do mind when the other person picks a character that's going to make for a boring match haha.

I guess I basically dislike playing against Samus and Jiggs unless I am Fox or maybe Pikachu ... not because of counterpicks but just because I find floaty spacing battles to be more boring.

I especially hate Kirby against Samus because it's like "yo i wanna use kirby and utilt for days" and samus is like "nah dat **** only combos like twice"
I use Samus for Kirby users for that reason, not getting up tilted to 60 is fun.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
aahhahhahahahaha

omfg everytime I play imnotpro in tournies

best of 3 I win the first he wins the second.

Third match, pick luigi, "Kuz dont be a *****."

Meh fine, picks someone else --> loses.

story of my life

ballin4life

Smash Hero
If you want a laugh:

http://shoryuken.com/f244/n64-super-smash-brothers-n64-221839/

Gotta love the comments from tier list guy about Ness ... damn how did Ness get this reputation where this guy puts him top tier despite never using him or seeing a good player use him?

Also if anyone has an account there ... maybe post there and direct people over here ... or at least link them to some good videos.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Kich from Shoryuken forum said:
After the news post about SSB on the front page, I was reminded of how much I love this game. I only played it with some friends though we played it pretty hardcore.. Just for some fun, here's my personal tier list for the game:

S: Fox / Kirby / Ness
A: Yoshi / Falcon
B: Samus / Jiggleypuff / Pikachu
C: Link / Luigi
D: DK / Mario

Top tier should be pretty obvious--I get the feeling some might disagree with the Yoshi pick for A tier, to those some I suggest you hit the lab with this and really flesh him out. He has some seriously sick setups that lead to nigh-unavoidable down smashes off the level. He's not quite as consistent as Fox or Kirby though.

Iffy on Ness--never been able to produce much with him, lots of people claim he's broken good but I've never personally seen someone use Ness and do obnoxiously well with him. His specials aren't that great, all he has going for him is an untechable down smash and a (seemingly) powerful forward smash, but that may just be the noise it makes...I don't know if it truly has any more powerful properties than other smash attacks since it obviously doesn't one-shot people like the homerun bat does.
:awesome:

Mario in bottom is maybe the most funny

Battlecow

Play to Win
So I just realized that Fynal's grandfather is the legendary WOLFGANG HAKEN. And since Fynal is pretty much my bestest bud, he and I are so close we're like the same person. And Fynal's family is famously tight-knit, so he pretty much is his grandfather. So I totally proved the 4-color theorem back in '76. Get at me.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
If it's not checkable by hand then you don't know that your computer checked everything right.

I'm jk btw ... but seriously proving a theorem by dividing it into 1000 cases is supa ugly

The Star King

Smash Hero
Don't know what you guys are talking about, I never really see people counterpicking on Galaxy.

aahhahhahahahaha

omfg everytime I play imnotpro in tournies

best of 3 I win the first he wins the second.

Third match, pick luigi, "Kuz dont be a *****."

Meh fine, picks someone else --> loses.

story of my life
Why would you listen to him nub? :glare:

The Star King

Smash Hero
I really want to play on Kaillera, but I know I'll find nobody good and be bored for a few hours and get demotivated again.

Eff you Galaxy64.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I really want to play on Kaillera, but I know I'll find nobody good and be bored for a few hours and get demotivated again.

Eff you Galaxy64.
This.

>Make a game
>noone good joins
>verse nubs all day
>quit

or it's

>join a good player's game
>start
>lags like ****
>leave or be kicked

and sometimes

>make a 2v2 game
>one good player joins
>other are nubs
>start
>lags like ****
>good player leaves
>still wanna play 2v2
>one more nub joins

:glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare:

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
You guys stress to much, I've been around kaillera servers for years now and im still putting up with it and keeping motivated (especially with genesis coming around)

Finding people to play can be annoying but if you use MSN/Aim you can keep in touch pretty easy. Kaillera is full of fools and laggers but there are definitely decent players who dont lag as well.

Take them with a grain of salt...or even try having a complete laugh with the laggers / fools...dont even try to win, try to do something silly :p

Olikus

Smash Champion
Finding people to play can be annoying but if you use MSN/Aim you can keep in touch pretty easy.
^^ This

If it hadnt been for the european msn group, I wouldnt be able to play that many good people that often at all. Sure there are more players in USA but msn/aim is such a easy way to find players. You guys should allso consider making a 64 msn group.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
^^ This

If it hadnt been for the european msn group, I wouldnt be able to play that many good people that often at all. Sure there are more players in USA but msn/aim is such a easy way to find players. You guys should allso consider making a 64 msn group.
FireBlaster Made one many a moon ago, and I'm actually still in it...but it's dead essentially lol

I would definitely join / create a new one if i honestly thought people would be interested

On a random note, try singing this THE RATTLIN BOG

malva00

Smash Master
i'm in the european msn group, but I keep it blocked and only unblock it to say that i'm about to stream, then I block it again right after

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
favorite game series of all time excluding super smash bros

ultima (including underworld games)

gothic 1,2,3 (not 4 lol)

STALKER (all games)

silent hill 1,2,3

and

elder scrolls 1,2,3

Top Bottom