• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I thought supermods or people with premium could change your name, star king got his name changed for free. :(
the only way you can get your name changed is if you buy premium.
Mods can only change their own name as far as i know (and even then technically they need an admin to do it).

Premium isn't very expensive though so it's easy enough to get a name change.

TANK64

Smash Lord
I was going to get premium to remove the "64" suffix. Now I kind of like it.
I'll still end up getting premium soon to change the color and prank *****es!

Or I'll change my name to supa just to be a bad person.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Isnt there a smasher with that name already?
yeah. you're looking at him.

on kaillera i usta go as Supamario, but i shortened it to Supa, then i changed it to Soup for a minute, then i switched back to Supa~.

really old people remember me as endgame42

i stole your ~ thing peek, GET AT ME. :bee:

TANK64 said:
Or I'll change my name to supa just to be a bad person.
ya know people actually like taking my names.

there's this one supavixen kid who was using my name so i told him old***s first and he fought me over it and i won my name back?

someone should write a novel about it, was intense.

#HBC | ѕoup

The New Generation

Alright, so, it's quite obvious that Smash64 (both online and offline) has gotten alot of fresh faces in the latest years, along with alot of changes.

Personally, (because i'm a sniveling retro homo who remembers the glory days of EGX and God-Weapon for the most part) I don't know who is who in all this change, i just see a couple of old familiar faces but i also run into alot of new people.

basically, i'm starting to call this new breed of smashers, and not all micheal bay titled film intended:

THE NEW GENERATION.

so, the reason i made this thread is so we can get to know our new friends to this community, or to basically talk about the new friends behind their backs because they don't even use smashboards probably. :laugh:

i guess i coulda posted this in the North American Online Teir List thread but i just don't want to talk about who is the best out of the new faces, but other stuff.

like the new people you meet on kaillera or smash or whatever and what you think about them and if smash is attracted the right crowd (unlike brawl right now :awesome:) and whatnot.

Surri if you find to move this over to the Social-thread, then fine, but i thought it was a pretty big topic for just the social thread.

/discussion start

Peek~

Smash Lord
yeah. you're looking at him.

on kaillera i usta go as Supamario, but i shortened it to Supa, then i changed it to Soup for a minute, then i switched back to Supa~.

really old people remember me as endgame42

i stole your ~ thing peek, GET AT ME. :bee:
So whos this Supe guy on my msn?

Cant be you

#HBC | ѕoup

So whos this Supe guy on my msn?

Cant be you
yeah that's not me but...

Supa
Supe

a is not e :bee:

that's superstar however, and i was still before him. (2005 kaillera master race here.)

#HBC | ѕoup

endgame42 for like...the first year of kaillera, i was in noob ACE, i wasn't very recognizable to be honest;hell surri, i don't even remember seeing you. XD

(i do remember, however, getting ***** by Vex and MZ alot because i thought i was good :scared:)

then next year i went to TP and started using supamario.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I was around when TP was created but I dont know that name.

Doesn't matter none anyways most people dont know I've had a few names as well so :p

True Names:

Sirhc
Serebii -X-
Surri-Sama

Old Lurks:

Hycon
Aero
NonRabia ("No Rage" if iirc...haha)

DMoogle

A$
Alright, so, it's quite obvious that Smash64 (both online and offline) has gotten alot of fresh faces in the latest years, along with alot of changes.

Personally, (because i'm a sniveling retro homo who remembers the glory days of EGX and God-Weapon for the most part) I don't know who is who in all this change, i just see a couple of old familiar faces but i also run into alot of new people.

basically, i'm starting to call this new breed of smashers, and not all micheal bay titled film intended:

THE NEW GENERATION.

so, the reason i made this thread is so we can get to know our new friends to this community, or to basically talk about the new friends behind their backs because they don't even use smashboards probably. :laugh:

i guess i coulda posted this in the North American Online Teir List thread but i just don't want to talk about who is the best out of the new faces, but other stuff.

like the new people you meet on kaillera or smash or whatever and what you think about them and if smash is attracted the right crowd (unlike brawl right now :awesome:) and whatnot.

Surri if you find to move this over to the Social-thread, then fine, but i thought it was a pretty big topic for just the social thread.

/discussion start
Moved to the Social Thread because this is exactly what the Social Thread is for.

Surri's not the only mod... :urg:

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
well Sirhc was mostly on SmashBoards honestly..but i did spend a small amount of time on Kaillera as Sirhc :p

And i Dont really lurk MUCH so I dont expect others to really know the names.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
i havnt met any new ppl on kaillera in the past 6 month besides random noobs. Theres a new clan that im in called DBD created by shablivion, its pretty much like NBK.

tacos

Smash Journeyman
I was around when TP was created but I dont know that name.

Doesn't matter none anyways most people dont know I've had a few names as well so :p

True Names:

Sirhc
Serebii -X-
Surri-Sama

Old Lurks:

Hycon
Aero
NonRabia ("No Rage" if iirc...haha)
Speaking of this.. I have a confession....

I
AMTACO

Peek~

Smash Lord

THE NEW GENERATION.

/discussion start
GW-Anti
SCD
Post-SCD
Emularena
Galaxy (Paramount)
Galaxy (Now)

Did I get this right? I wasnt around when Paramount left.

What we had in the past:

More A tier players
Only Isai videos
Basic combos/playstyles/etc (
REMEMBER WHEN PIVOTING DIDNT EXIST?
)
12 year olds, Trolls, jerks

What I see more now:

More B tiers than A
Smashboards discussion/activity
P2P
Videos
Creative combos/styles/etc
Clans

What I want to see:

Combo videos
SUCCESSFUL Tournaments (STOP BUNCHING BRACKETS)
Clan activities
Smashboards mods having fun
More server related things
Smaller gap between player tiers (will never happen, I know ;_; )

#HBC | ѕoup

i remember when i was A-Tier Material.

what's ironic is that i quit smash in my prime.

DMoogle

A$
Maybe I'm deluded, but I like to think that there are less 12 year olds, trolls, and jerks on Smashboards (maybe not Kaillera) than there were, say, a year ago.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
shab was tellin me that he was gonna try to introduce clan battles on smashboards. I hope that works because its really pointless to have all these clans and they never face each other, of course some clans would probably just like to brag about how good they are and avoid challenges *cough* iXi.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Since nobody responded, that's mad old bro.

What we had in the past:

More A tier players
Only Isai videos
Basic combos/playstyles/etc (
REMEMBER WHEN PIVOTING DIDNT EXIST?
)

What I see more now:

More B tiers than A
Smashboards discussion/activity
P2P
Videos
Creative combos/styles/etc
Clans

What I want to see:

Combo videos
SUCCESSFUL Tournaments (STOP BUNCHING BRACKETS)
Clan activities
Smashboards mods having fun
More server related things
Smaller gap between player tiers (will never happen, I know ;_; )
Pretty sure there are less 12 year olds, trolls, jerks than when I came to this community (early 2009).

Eh @ more A tier players in the past... I really doubt that the skill level has dropped.

I have a theory that fall/winter tournaments rarely finish, while obviously the summer ones are more successful.

I don't think the gap between player tiers is that large.

shab was tellin me that he was gonna try to introduce clan battles on smashboards. I hope that works because its really pointless to have all these clans and they never face each other, of course some clans would probably just like to brag about how good they are and avoid challenges *cough* iXi.
Good luck to him. That's what I don't like about clans now, they're pretty pointless. If they did clan battles and stuff I would actually care about clans.

TANK64

Smash Lord
Got my Japanese smash on console today. Link's utilt, hot damn!
Pretty Excited, box and manuals are in really good condition.

Yea, really wanted to tell everyone.
Expect vids soon! =D

Peek~

Smash Lord
>Decide to try out different characters
>Pick Jiggly
>Opponent goes Luigi
>Pick DK
>Opponent goes Falcon
>Pick Yoshi
>Opponent goes Kirby

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
lol Peek. Unspoken rule in Aus is that once you pick a character you don't change, and in return your opponent doesn't jew you out by counterpicking.

Peek~

Smash Lord
who the hell does that

also dk is ok vs falcon
Not for ppeekk

lol Peek. Unspoken rule in Aus is that once you pick a character you don't change, and in return your opponent doesn't jew you out by counterpicking.
I normally play a character for 4-6 matches before I change.

Over here its very common to play someone who changes characters after every match/based on your pick

sharksquail

Smash Ace
I change characters a lot, but I don't really counter pick, or care about matchups. It's really annoying when all ppl do is counter pick.

#HBC | ѕoup

>Decide to try out different characters
>Pick Jiggly
>Opponent goes Luigi
>Pick DK
>Opponent goes Falcon
>Pick Yoshi
>Opponent goes Kirby

By then i would just pick the same character they picked.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
counterpickers...
die please

About the dispute of the chars, the same old story... I wish there was a random button to choose 2 random chars, that would be cool.

Top Bottom