• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
no one said constantly, you said that the combos in ricky's vid wouldn't work in a real game and that's not true, please quit, you dont know what you are talking about and you sound ignorant.
broskie I said "improbable" learn the definition of improbable
and learn to define it between impossible.

@Peek I mean 100+

Unless Falcon lol, true dyat.

0- deaths are very I common I know that much,

The Star King

Smash Hero
You can often end the combo before 100%, so comboing further is often impractical. Long combos in training mode are for entertainment purposes.

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
You can often end the combo before 100%, so comboing further is often impractical. Long combos in training mode are for entertainment purposes.
Yeah I know that much (thanks to you, so props for that) but all I was saying to these other peeps is that the long 150, 120, 200% combos are highly unlikely to happen in a real match. Iz all I'm sayin
I'm not sayin
OMFG YOU SUCK CAUSE THESE WILL NEVER WORK
I'm just saying "hey man these are nice, creative, and your cool for pulling em off. But they probably wouldn't work in a real match"

You live in springfield star king. That's just awesome

The Star King

Smash Hero
You live in springfield star king. That's just awesome
Why is this awesome? Lol

I keep forgetting this (not sure why it's awesome though, besides being near me).

Star King, you should come over this summer to play some smash (yes, you can use keyboard if you want).
Sure, in the future just invite me for whenever you're free through PMs or something

...I always tell myself that I'm going to buy a N64 controller and learn to play with it, but I never do it lol

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
Link is the opposite of ness IMO. the more characters you know, the faster you can learn, because you have a more rounded perspective. I've felt for a long time that a player who only uses one character has a given maximum of that perspective. like, a mental block on improvement or something like that.

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
so i got a new book called Mad About Physics and it has a ton of COOOOOOOOOOOL QUESTIONS

A car is parked outside on a clear night and then on a
cloudy night. Assuming that the air temperature versus
clock reading is the same on both nights, a thick layer
of moisture will collect on the car during the clear night
but usually not on the cloudy night. What is the reason
for this difference?

answer:

On a clear night, the roof of the car
“sees” the night sky of the universe,
which has a temperature of about 285
K, so the roof radiates away an enor-
mous amount of energy per second
and cools. Moisture in the air con-
denses on the cool roof, which is wet
by the morning.
On a cloudy night, the roof cannot
“see” the night sky. Instead, the roof
“sees” the clouds, which are warmer
than 0 °C (about 300 K). So the roof
maintains about the same temperature
as the ambient air, and no moisture
forms.

Olikus

Smash Champion
Are you saying Link mains pick other people up quickly?

I'm a Link main and I'm awful with pretty much everyone else.
I think he meant that by using more than one caracther you get a wider perspectiv. And since he meant link is the opposite of ness, that would be a good choise. Not that link mains pick up other caracthers quickly.

I think its better to have more than one caracther anyway. At least 1 more so you have some options if you cant beat your oponent in a matchup or/and on a stage.

(Peak pick DK)

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Doesnt matter who you main, you will be more or less good with the others depending of how many times you use them

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
I meant that playing link is the opposite of playing a Ness. So it would be like using a whole new set of muscles and reactions to play him. Whole new perspective IMO.

I think movement is the most important fundamental to SSB64 and going from such a side like DJCs to a regular jump would be difficult until practiced. I don't figure that Peek has difficulty staying on stage, so links bad recovery isn't that much of a weakness. Yah dig?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Guys, do you think playing smash64 makes you better at brawl?

because, i started to play brawl this weekend and i **** everyone.

idk why.

i use sonic too

Peek~ said:
SHOULD I PICK UP A 2ND CHARACTER?

Still not sure
for the love of god don't pick up CF.

i think you would be a pro yoshi seeing how you can already djc like a madman already but i digress because the timing is different.

also can someone that is mod or supermod change my name to Supa already?

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
It's because somehow you don't spend a lot of time trying to do the other tipy of dodge, but when you switch from brawl to 64, it's probably that you'll play with little less level than what you use to.

In other hand:
Do you guys know some names for cool APPs for the iphone 3G, "mind-games" mostly, beside chess, sudoku and some of the lumosity line?

Too lazy to google it...

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I thought supermods or people with premium could change your name, star king got his name changed for free. :(

Top Bottom