• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If it means anything:

Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition is 12.9 GB in size.
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is 15.6 GB in size.

D

Deleted member

So I was gonna try and draw a Stride form of Braixen to do a funny "haha card game reference go brrr" joke but along the way I made this
sketch1599599111987.jpg

It's not finished yet(probably will finish it tomorrow and maybe color it in) but for something I made on a whim... it actually doesn't look half bad. All that practice is finally paying off.

Last edited by a moderator:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I've noticed that Switch Era Nintendo seems to have "on" years and "off" years.

2017 - Massive year, because it needs to be. Oddessy, BoTW, MK8D and Splatoon 2 are the biggest releases.
2018 - a quieter year, aside from the Smash bombshell there weren't many big titles, mostly ports or smaller games
2019 - Another big year. Fire Emblem: Three Houses, SWSH, Ring Fit, and Mario Maker 2 were the big ones
2020 - again, a small year, with the biggest game being Animal Crossing (and Paper Mario if you stretch it). The rest of it were remakes, ports, and smaller games.

I'm not saying any of the games released in the off years were bad (far from it, Star Allies and Smash are two of my favorite Switch games), but they just seem to have more for the odd years. I wonder if 2021 will continue the pattern...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I wonder if any new characters will be introduced in Age of Calamity.
The first Hyrule Warriors wasn't afraid to create a load of playable OC's so I can see the same for Age of Calamity.

And they kind of have to as one HW covers the entire series and one HW covers a single game.

D

Deleted member

Honestly the most interesting aspect to Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity to me, is that because it’s a prequel to BOTW1, we already know how the ending is going to go. However, what little we know of that day from BOTW is leient enough that it’s really moreso a question of HOW they’re gonna portray it. Like... will the final stage be Zelda charging into Hyrule Castle and casting the seal stuff on Ganon to buy time? Or will they go a different route and focus more on Link and the Champions? Because of how they were portrayed in BOTW there is alot of wiggle room for more character development not originally even considered for the main game. We already know the ending... but the real question is how is it gonna go down?

Last edited by a moderator:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Zelda soloing armies without her powers awakened seems a bit OoC for that iteration of Zelda. I feel like either she's not gonna be playable until much later or she's just always gonna have the Holy Magic unlocked (but this also wouldn't make sense)

Suppose we'll see. It does look pretty cool

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Ok, hot take?

Like, possibly scorching take?

If they want to give the Zelda series voice acting from here on out, then they need to give Link dialouge. BoTW kinda suffered during the emotional scenes because Link didn't say a word, let alone emote.
well excuse me princess

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
My headcanon voice for Miles is actually Linkara from AT4W
Ok, hot take?

Like, possibly scorching take?

If they want to give the Zelda series voice acting from here on out, then they need to give Link dialouge. BoTW kinda suffered during the emotional scenes because Link didn't say a word, let alone emote.
Hope they get a good VA for Link, I wonder who’d fit him.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Zelda soloing armies without her powers awakened seems a bit OoC for that iteration of Zelda. I feel like either she's not gonna be playable until much later or she's just always gonna have the Holy Magic unlocked (but this also wouldn't make sense)

Suppose we'll see. It does look pretty cool
Looks like in the trailer she'll be fighting with just the sheikah slate. Maybe her soloing armies doesn't make sense even with that but I think this game will have to take some creative liberties for the sake of a diverse playable roster. It makes more sense then Link slaying a Hinox with just a soup ladle.

On that note I'll bet the final stage will have you play as Zelda wielding the Bow of Light.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Ibis Paint since I'm cheap. :4pacman:
xD Don't say that, it looks really good! I mean, I use a free drawing program called Fire Alpaca ever since I couldn't get Photoshop installed, and I can do almost the same things, even more comfortably. One thing that sucks about that program is their typing tool. Other than that, it works pretty good, with some bugs here and that that the developers fix eventually.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
xD Don't say that, it looks really good! I mean, I use a free drawing program called Fire Alpaca ever since I couldn't get Photoshop installed, and I can do almost the same things, even more comfortably. One thing that sucks about that program is their typing tool. Other than that, it works pretty good, with some bugs here and that that the developers fix eventually.
Nah I mean like, it's a mobile app. I don't have a tablet.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So gonna split my post into two. Was gonna ask a few of you guys in Discord but quiet over there.

So apparently news outlets are just calling next Xbox the Xbox Series?
Sounds like a series of races where you race one of these.
1599603699474.png

If racing stuff could be cute, this would be it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! and Wademan94 Wademan94 I'm legit curious but how do you guys do your drawing? I mean like with a drawing tablet or just on paper. I know Wade does some of his on paper but I'm curious overall.

Or anyone else for that matter.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So gonna split my post into two. Was gonna ask a few of you guys in Discord but quiet over there.

View attachment 285014

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! and Wademan94 Wademan94 I'm legit curious but how do you guys do your drawing? I mean like with a drawing tablet or just on paper. I know Wade does some of his on paper but I'm curious overall.

I just use my finger on an Ipad.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

View attachment 285014

I need to get my tablet up and running, so for now I only use paper or mouse it in Adobe Illustrator

D

Deleted member

View attachment 285014

I just use my computer’s stylus really: hoping I can eventually get my own personal drawing tablet so I don’t have to worry about eventually losing it when I have to give it back to the school

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I just use my finger on an Ipad.
What? Your art is impressive for your age and that's your method? If this is what you pull off at what 15 (?) then it'll be interesting to see when you are my age.

I need to get my tablet up and running, so for now I only use paper or mouse it in Adobe Illustrator
Your drawings though are great while on paper from what you have shown me. I've thrown a lot of praise on your spirit designs especially.

I just use my computer’s stylus really: hoping I can eventually get my own personal drawing tablet so I don’t have to worry about eventually losing it when I have to give it back to the school
Still you have made a lot of improvements dramatically over the past while. You should feel good about it.

As for me being a writer, all I need is my laptop, Microsoft Word/Google Drive and a notebook to doodle or write in while I'm out or about. And a place to be quiet at.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom