• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Lost Tapes. Do you believe?

Lost Tapes. Arica Monster.

Lost Tapes: "Arica Monster"
Subject matter: Arica Monster
Summary: A specialized unit team is dispatched to arrest a cartel who is hiding out in the Atacama Desert trafficking and dealing with drugs. When they finally locate them, to their shock and horror all they find is what appears to have been a massacre soon being attacked by a prehistoric nightmare responsible for the bloodbath.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Ya know, with Nintendo flat out saying that they wanted to move away from Directs awhile ago

Makes me wonder if they're using this pandemic as an excuse to finally do just that.

Origami King?
Pikmin 3 HD?
HW BotW?

All just shadow dropped with 0 prior warnings

And Mario got a Direct, but it's more like one extended presentation than an actual Direct.
Origami King should have given it away that directs are probably gonna be gone. That genuinely feels like a big game that would be reserved for an end of a direct, and they just shadow deoppes it within a month of it's release.

But hindsight is 20/20

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Me: Man I'm nervous to talk to this client I work for, they run such a professional game with all these professional VAs I look up to should I even talk to them in casual conversation? I-
The client:
1599613234068.png

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So guys this thing in the spoiler is something that easily triggers me but I'll show it. Was looking up on Nintendo Direct list and I see the clickbait.

And this is why I f'ing hate that cult of a damn newspaper!

CultNews.jpg

So much clickbait you taste it. I've a special dislike for the tabloid news like this that has a bloody section with in caps "World War 3 Live!" and playing a part in messing up my mentality a few years back the pricks. **** off gaming news and go back to conspiracy.

I'm calm. I'm calm.

Let's move on.

Ya know, with Nintendo flat out saying that they wanted to move away from Directs awhile ago
Makes me wonder if they're using this pandemic as an excuse to finally do just that.
Origami King?
Pikmin 3 HD?
HW BotW?

And Mario got a Direct, but it's more like one extended presentation than an actual Direct.
If anything, I'd be disappointed.

Directs/Presentations have been a big part of my personal gaming cycle for eight years or so. I'd be pretty sad to see it go. Just a lot of memories watching the build up to the presentations.

From watching the Wii U reveal on an old IPod touch back in 2012 to missing class after staying up all night and watching the Byleth Reveal with you guys in 2020.

Hope Nintendo out right confim that they are done with it. Talking about favourite stuff about it cause I have a lot of memories with them.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
:D Yes, of course, I would love to!
Alrighty! The character is named Salem Morris!

Salem is a young vampire born into a humanity that has been cursed, and transformed into a world of monsters and other horrors. He was born many, many years after this event occurred, and what happened has basically been lost to time. He has traits plenty of other vampires have. He’s very cold, and he the sun weakens him, so he always wears winter clothing to keep him warm, and carries an umbrella to protect him from the sun. Garlic and crosses also weaken him. He requires blood to live, too, of course. He really likes using blood as a substitute for syrup on waffles and pancakes. As for his personality, he’s a very happy and chirpy little ball of energy! He acts a little younger than he actually is, but is surprisingly smart regardless. Salem is also really into astrology! He loves going out late at night and looking at all the stars in the dark, blood red sky looming over his town. He’s also quite curious about what caused humanity to become cursed. He wants to know really badly, but no one knows. Personally, he thinks something must have happened that upset the gods, or an evil spirit cursed the world, but he can't know for sure.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Origami King?
Pikmin 3 HD?
HW BotW?

If they're using the pandemic as an excuse to cut corners, it might endup actually backfiring by not creating as much hype

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Ahh, if only I hadn't lost hope in drawing.
Just for fun it should technically be something I could do. I like the idea of making up characters actually. I just couldnt stand that I wasn't good at it (drawing i mean) XD

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Everyone is saying directs are gone, but we just got a Mario direct less than a week ago.

I am fine with news, even if it is a direct or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dutch Raikuna

Ahh, if only I hadn't lost hope in drawing.
Just for fun it should technically be something I could do. I like the idea of making up characters actually. I just couldnt stand that I wasn't good at it (drawing i mean) XD
Writing is always a great option. I've been doing that on and off the past two years.
While I would love to draw, I'm not in the best environment to practise. Writing on the other hand, I love thinking up characters, taking pictures in games and from being out and about while having my laptop with me. I've got a large world in my head and it really should go down in something, be it words at least.

As a matter of fact it was about two or three of the members here who got me back into it after about a half year slump. They know who they are obviously.

I'd recommend it, even just thoughts on a paper.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well I made this last night, but the Newcomer thread is more active and constantly changing subjects, so I might as well share it on this one. Have at it.
I like the idea of Senran Kagura, but I've never actually played it. I don't know which one's more popular.
If I had to choose one I could only go by which design I like :p
I like Hikage, Komura, Hibari, and Minori.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Alrighty! The character is named Salem Morris!

Salem is a young vampire born into a humanity that has been cursed, and transformed into a world of monsters and other horrors. He was born many, many years after this event occurred, and what happened has basically been lost to time. He has traits plenty of other vampires have. He’s very cold, and he the sun weakens him, so he always wears winter clothing to keep him warm, and carries an umbrella to protect him from the sun. Garlic and crosses also weaken him. He requires blood to live, too, of course. He really likes using blood as a substitute for syrup on waffles and pancakes. As for his personality, he’s a very happy and chirpy little ball of energy! He acts a little younger than he actually is, but is surprisingly smart regardless. Salem is also really into astrology! He loves going out late at night and looking at all the stars in the dark, blood red sky looming over his town. He’s also quite curious about what caused humanity to become cursed. He wants to know really badly, but no one knows. Personally, he thinks something must have happened that upset the gods, or an evil spirit cursed the world, but he can't know for sure.
:3 I really like the name (xD Quite some time ago I named a raven in one of my stories Morris)

:C Awww, I feel so bad about the fact that he's cold all the time...xD I would say I want to give him a hug but then I remember he's a vampire...nopenopenope. :D And DEFINITELY gives the little ball of energy vibe! Also, I like the fact that he's really curious about his surrounding and history. :> xD Also...bloody waffles...? Now I won't be able to see strawberry jam on waffles the same way ever again...

D

Deleted member

Man I get a 7.5/10 on 1 assignment and my grade goes from a 97 to a 91. I really need to do the math stuff but I can't motivate myself to do it :drsad:

Also for some weird reason my school computer will just randomly crash if I so much as lightly touch a specific part of the screen and I have to completely reboot it every. damn. time. That's nice :l

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Writing is always a great option. I've been doing that on and off the past two years.
While I would love to draw, I'm not in the best environment to practise. Writing on the other hand, I love thinking up characters, taking pictures in games and from being out and about while having my laptop with me. I've got a large world in my head and it really should go down in something, be it words at least.

As a matter of fact it was about two or three of the members here who got me back into it after about a half year slump. They know who they are obviously.

I'd recommend it, even just thoughts on a paper.
That's great. Actually there was a time I wrote more. I kinda lost my imagination a bit so I mostly stopped, but maybe if I read some books I'd get a sense for writing stories, I dunno. Do you end up writing description of characters, or do you develop them throughout whatever you're writing?

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
:3 I really like the name (xD Quite some time ago I named a raven in one of my stories Morris)

:C Awww, I feel so bad about the fact that he's cold all the time...xD I would say I want to give him a hug but then I remember he's a vampire...nopenopenope. :D And DEFINITELY gives the little ball of energy vibe! Also, I like the fact that he's really curious about his surrounding and history. :> xD Also...bloody waffles...? Now I won't be able to see strawberry jam on waffles the same way ever again...
Oh don’t worry, he’s a nice vampire, he likes hugs! He doesn’t take anyone’s blood unwillingly. And yeah, bloody waffles. Very cursed syrup.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That's great. Actually there was a time I wrote more. I kinda lost my imagination a bit so I mostly stopped, but maybe if I read some books I'd get a sense for writing stories, I dunno. Do you end up writing description of characters, or do you develop them throughout whatever you're writing?
I tried writing once.. a silly One Piece x Pokemon fanfic. It's still up on my profile but I never tried again.(mostly because I tried some really out there **** like linking audio in the writing and linking videos for reference)

I imagine if I tried now it wouldn't be half bad though. Just don't feel like it really.

D

Deleted member

If we're talking Vampires now, I can't help but post my favorite one:
ema-81-blood-artist.jpg

Does remind me I do need to rotate the cards in my sig again...

Last edited by a moderator:

Dutch Raikuna

Man I love The Outer Worlds main theme.

Come on PlayStation Store! Update with the DLC so I can get it.

It's hard to explain. I can't read books as much as I want to for a reason.

I mainly write descriptions of characters but it constantly evolves as I've been working on this story in a way for about two years. I've also got about five other story ideas but this is the big one. I also make sure I have stuff to always reference to as well for key inspirations.

Should really talk about those other ideas to you Wademan94 Wademan94 and Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs one day. Two of my ideas were in my head longer than the big one I've been working on.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Man I love The Outer Worlds main theme.

Come on PlayStation Store! Update with the DLC so I can get it.

It's hard to explain. I can't read books as much as I want to for a reason.

I mainly write descriptions of characters but it constantly evolves as I've been working on this story in a way for about two years. I've also got about five other story ideas but this is the big one. I also make sure I have stuff to always reference to as well for key inspirations.

Should really talk about those other ideas to you Wademan94 Wademan94 and Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs one day. Two of my ideas were in my head longer than the big one I've been working on.
Where do you write your story? Is it something you're ok sharing?

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I like the idea of Senran Kagura, but I've never actually played it. I don't know which one's more popular.
If I had to choose one I could only go by which design I like :p
I like Hikage, Komura, Hibari, and Minori.
The main games are all a slew of hack 'n' slashes, and they're extremely fun. Honestly, I consider the fanservice an afterthought now that I've played so much of the main games. The stories of each group and character in particular are some of the best I've seen in a long time. Hibari alone has become one of my all time favorite game characters because of her character arc alone. I'd recommend it if you like good stories, gameplay, and music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom