• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
If this person just knew how to drive around Sarajevo, then World War I, the Great Depression, World War II, the Cold War, a lot of technological advances, and everyone in this thread would have never existed. This world is strange.
Reminds me of how the entire events of Jojos bizarre adventure would have been avoided if it weren't for a carriage driver.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
We literally got A mini this year, and two partner showcases under the brand of Nintendo Direct, hell they keep updating the archives.

Directs aren’t going anywhere anytime soon.

D

Deleted member

Ya ever just sit on your front yard swing for hours just brainstorming ideas?

I usually listen to music to get myself into the mood, then just sit and swing for a couple hours, all the while thinking of ideas. It's honestly super relaxing.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
It's a really weird feeling when you've had the same YouTube account for so many years that when you get replies to your oldest comments it drags up many cringy memories of your awkward childhood.
Five years ago, I made a comment on some video that said "Annoying Orange was never good". To this day, I get comments from 8 year olds saying "**** you he's great"

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
D

Deleted member

tbh I really should be working on my math stuff but I was bored so I decided to do a non-color doodle of a concept I had
sketch1599655037527.png

need to work it on later but I got math to do as is.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Loooooooooooord, I'm rewatching MvC:I story mode thanks to maximilian, but it's soooooooooo baaaaaaaaaaad (beside some rare moment of clever writing).

No wonder this game tanked when they focused so much of their marketing on this lost cause of a mode.

Also, STOP ZOOMING ON THE TERRIBLE CHARACTER MODEL, GAME, IT'S NOT WORTH IT.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So after finding out my local store could reserve it for me as I'm a common customer, I might get 3D All Stars instead of THPS Remakes. And I'm gonna get some muffins and chocolate milk.

Do you guys ever imagine knowing people like shopkeepers and cafe workers something like the area affinity in Xenoblade? The more friendly you are, the more they can help you out informally without the "would you like to buy our Plus card for Super Savings!?"

.................No? Just me? Proof I play games too much.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well, kids are starting to go back to school where I am.

Bad call honestly, I'm predicting we're gonna get a few cases again (I say few because where I live is somewhat isolated). I would have waited until early next year to see where things are at (Whether not as bad or having a vaccine by then) or done online schooling.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This school year has been strange for me.

I am doing virtual school, so I am staying home.
Honestly I’m liking virtual school more than in house school, mostly because I don’t have to sit in a classroom for the entire day.

Although I also can’t wait to go back because I’ll be able to play EDH with my buds from school for the first time in months :p

Dutch Raikuna

This school year has been strange for me.

I am doing virtual school, so I am staying home.
Honestly it was the lack of preparation for it is why I kinda gave up on college. It was so disorganised and a lot of people gave up. Part of why I'm taking a break from education. Seriously the pandemic messed up a lot of things. Relationships with my siblings, motivation etc and it's gonna take time.

Still I'm taking small steps and that's better than none I suppose. I've always been a late bloomer in life.

Well, kids are starting to go back to school where I am.

Bad call honestly, I'm predicting we're gonna get a few cases again (I say few because where I live is somewhat isolated). I would have waited until early next year to see where things are at (Whether not as bad or having a vaccine by then) or done online schooling.
Already around 90 cases where I live from schools (meaning the entire country/whatever you call it). I'm mixed on the idea about them returning but I guess a second wave is bound to hit sooner or later. Better get it over with.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Already around 90 cases where I live from schools (meaning the entire country/whatever you call it). I'm mixed on the idea about them returning but I guess a second wave is bound to hit sooner or later. Better get it over with.
Hopefully, we get a vaccine before the end of this year. The last thing we need is another lockdown.

That's also not getting started with flu season next month. Second wave or not, the current first one will become more potent.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Well I best go get some muffins, and I need to get some bread too.

Hopefully, we get a vaccine before the end of this year. The last thing we need is another lockdown.
Both the UK and Ireland have ruled out another full lockdown so NI won't be. Localised by county is a possibility but even then where I live is pretty quiet.

Not to go deeper but the pandemic has made me pretty reflective on humanity. People also need to remember as well that it'll be small compared to worse challenges in the future.

Just cooked rice with fried bananas, eggs and sausages
Aw, hey there mate. Remember that post the other day there? The one that took me a while to write out for yourself after told to see a friend as another user? Am I being sarcastic or serious? Who the hell knows. Nice food though.

D

Deleted member

I'm tired of writing the same project again and again because nothing I do will ever be good enough for my mother.

I have no idea how I'll go through a whole semester from home if every single assignment needs to go through four rewrites.
Can't even do **** in my House without my father laughing at me as he believes I'm unable to do ****, so sadly I relate with ya.

God, I start college on the 28th and between Covid cases growing in my city each day and the danger of a possible fire as bad as the one from last year I'm seeing myself at risk of death in a sort of IRL Raccoon City in a matter of months.

And my father will be there pointing and laughing while believing I will not get through even half of It, I just know It.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
I've been starting to watch The Slayers recently, as it's been apart of my anime watchlist for some time. I actually truly adore the style and tone this one's going for, very Saturday morning anime-esque in a way.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
The Bloomberg is saying that Nintendo is telling developers to make sure their games are 4k ready.

Another Switch Pro rumor article whose sources are pretty much "Dude, trust me". I'll believe it when I see it: News sites have been swearing that the Switch Pro is coming any day now for the last two years. :p
At this point, a Switch Pro seems highly unlikely.
Then again, there was a New 2DS model out in 2017 so hey I could be wrong!

Dutch Raikuna

Can't even do ** in my House without my father laughing at me as he believes I'm unable to do **, so sadly I relate with ya.

God, I start college on the 28th and between Covid cases growing in my city each day and the danger of a possible fire as bad as the one from last year I'm seeing myself at risk of death in a sort of IRL Raccoon City in a matter of months.

And my father will be there pointing and laughing while believing I will not get through even half of It, I just know It.
Dude, why do you think some of us are legit concerned about you. You seem brushing me and a few others off at least.

Thats why I made that post the other night. Cause a few of us have noticed you been off for a few months.
Some of us are always welcome to listen.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
At this point, a Switch Pro seems highly unlikely.
Then again, there was a New 2DS model out in 2017 so hey I could be wrong!
The Switch getting a hardware revision of some sorts is definitely a thing that might happen, but it's not going to be this magical device that news sites keep swearing it is IMO. I don't think it will suddenly propel a Nintendo handheld into the cutting edge that gets all the same games that Sony and Microsoft will be getting. Like, I've seen businesses analysts who think a Switch Pro is gonna be a 4k capable handheld device with good battery and affordable pricing. From Nintendo. Can't say I agree with them, lol.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
@JDCabrera I feel for ya and your family situation, I really do, and the COVID cases and risk of fire are definitely things to keep an eye on, but you can't let harsh words and fear of death dictate your life and eat away at you. Ease up a bit and try to have a bit of optimism about the situation while still exercising caution when need be; you can and will get through this, trust me.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Xbox Series XS have games...right over here...inside of this spoiler
379BED75-3A65-4173-9563-D7B317CE1684.jpeg
PSYCH ******* YA GOT GOOMBASHIE/DASHOOMBA

D

Deleted member

@JDCabrera I feel for ya and your family situation, I really do, and the COVID cases and risk of fire are definitely things to keep an eye on, but you can't let harsh words and fear of death dictate your life and eat away at you. Ease up a bit and try to have a bit of optimism about the situation while still exercising caution when need be; you can and will get through this, trust me.
I've really tried to look more at the bright side these past days, but for each time I try to smile or look at anything positive my father comes to me just to laugh at the way I talk, how I am trying to learn to Cook with my mother or even for laughing at jokes I read on Discord.

It really brings one down when all you get in general is pure mockery for literally just feeling any kind of positive vibes, and I haven't felt this bad since 2017-2018.

If only I could take my father out of my life.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I've really tried to look more at the bright side these past days, but for each time I try to smile or look at anything positive my father comes to me just to laugh at the way I talk, how I am trying to learn to Cook with my mother or even for laughing at jokes I read on Discord.

It really brings one down when all you get in general is pure mockery for literally just feeling any kind of positive vibes, and I haven't felt this bad since 2017-2018.

If only I could take my father out of my life.
Aw hun. That sucks. Really, I don't like people who still go along the old views on how guys or people should be. Maybe he thinks he's just playing and joking, not mocking. But you still deserve better. Ignore him if you can.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
The ideas keep coming for this Conquest 2 thing.

Every region but Kalos has a few smaller legendaries, usually a trio. What if the Kalos trio died in the war, due to the firing of the Ultimate Weapon?

Dutch Raikuna

@JDCabrera are you trying to understand what I am saying?

I'm not doing those posts out of being a **** or anything. Your talks of morbidity and all is concerning and we all are. Sorry if I sound like I'm interfering honest to god but really your moods recently have been concerning. The fact that you ignored what I was trying to say the other night and today feels like you've slapped my wrist.
I know your life is **** at times and really your dad is a ****, a true **** so I can relate in a way people wise, I wish I could take my brothers out of my life but I can't. So I take smaller steps forward until they get out even though the psychological impact of them will last for years but I'm trying.

I don't hate you for it, honestly. You guys were the ones who suggested me to get out me out of my lowness and I'm trying. I've became less mopey on here recently thanks to it. Thanks to you guys helping me. This place has had more of an effect on my growth than my own siblings the past year.

Help yourself, help each other and ask for help is what I was taught once. Applies to people as well.

I'm not wasting my breath any longer if your not getting it through though. If you want to talk, the door is always open on PMs or Discord. However that's for you. I still see you as one of my online friends, hence my personal worry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom