• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think you’re takin’ this way too seriously. Just sit down and take a break for a bit.
I just want people to listen to me! I want people to realize that the way they chose to consume had unintended consequences on the games industry and that their habits don't occur in a vacuum. And I want people to moderate their behavior and what they choose to support so that it doesn't happen again on a much larger scale, effecting more people then just one bitter transwoman from state college.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Hmmm, what to do tonight gentlemen. Think of getting The Outer Worlds DLC when it gets to midnight and do an all nighter.

Also I'm gonna make some ramen.

That's the post. That is all.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I was JUST looking at Hyrule Warriors stuff last night (crazy). Reminds me that I only sunk in ~10 hours into BotW and haven't picked it up in a while.

Will still try it out.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
When I played the first HW briefly, my favorite character to use was Sheik. :sheik:

Really fast and some really fun combos to perform. Will have to see what this HW game holds concerning roster.

D

Deleted member

Does anyone else remember this game?
08AD2EDD-5C0E-4724-B9A2-16709AE47F70.jpeg

Unlike the other 2 MMORPG’s that defined my childhood... this one hasn’t aged well. It’s too grindy for my liking, the story is weak(and you can just outright skip the entire thing and dash straight towards the endgame areas with your weak-ass starter if you know what you’re doing) and the combat amounts to button mashing 1 and 2 (and occasionally doing big brain shenanigans witth digivolving) and hoping you win. The engrish is kinda funny though(although it only got that way because the devs changed and they decided to retranslate everything)

I mean if nothing else the models looks sick af:
DBC4443E-8B36-4A1E-9B6C-B4873C8802BF.jpeg

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So did Fire Emblem Warriors do well or...?

I know it did kinda piss of a lot of FE fans because ot focused heavily on Awakening and Fates and not much everywhere elsw.
It sold well if I recall. It was a perfectly placed "Year One" Switch game as well just to say, back then I didn't mind the roster as I enjoyed Fates but yeah they could have had more diversity for characters.

And good thing about Koei-Temco with these games is that they seem to use this to experiment with their Warriors formula more looking at FE:Warriors and P5 Scramble so I think they will pull off something good here.
And honestly in a holiday season lacking in 1st party and dominated by Cyberpunk and Cyberpunk it seems they've picked a risky but confident spot for a release date.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Breath of the Wild is one of my favorite games of all time so needless to say, I am a very happy dragonpus. Making a Warrior games that's a prequal to BotW is such a cool idea.

On that note, 6 characters is kind of a small ammount of playable characters. I wonder if we'll see characters like young Impa or Robbie playable as well. I can imagine Robbie fighting with Sheikah tech while Impa acts as a more traditional ninja.

This is really going to help make the wait for BotW two a lot easier.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I decided to start playing Pokemon crystal again.

I love how infinitely replayable the first 4 generations of Pokemon are.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Breath of the Wild is one of my favorite games of all time so needless to say, I am a very happy dragonpus. Making a Warrior games that's a prequal to BotW is such a cool idea.

On that note, 6 characters is kind of a small ammount of playable characters. I wonder if we'll see characters like young Impa or Robbie playable as well. I can imagine Robbie fighting with Sheikah tech while Impa acts as a more traditional ninja.

This is really going to help make the wait for BotW two a lot easier.
Pyrah or whatever Impa's sister was named. Have her attack with cameras or something.

Shroob

Sup?
TFW Irman Khan leaked this yesterday

TFW today he said Nintendo's pretty much blown their load for the year and to only expect small stuff from here on out.

D

Deleted member

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! This is slightly random, but what bet did you lose and why your avatar now?
That would be MY doing :136:

As for the image itself... it’s a random Maijra Strawberry pic I found lmao
...don’t look that up unless you’re fine with furry stuff btw.
As for why he chose this avatar, no idea.
Tbh I was originally considering just having you use a card game avatar but I figured giving you a furry pic instead would be more funny overall. Sorry not sorry :p

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
TFW Irman Khan leaked this yesterday

TFW today he said Nintendo's pretty much blown their load for the year and to only expect small stuff from here on out.
Smash. Please Smash! Come on! Just this once!

We're not gonna see anything till next year aren't we?

We're not gonna see anything until two years from now aren't we?

The last pack is cancelled isn't it?

Shroob

Sup?

Well, any games until next year? Irman is pretty confident this is Nintendo's last hurrah for the year.

Smash? **** if anyone knows. If we're getting CP7 anytime soon, expect to just wake up one morning and see them dropped into your sub box with 0 fanfare.

D

Deleted member

Relax. I imagine Nintendo isn’t willing to simply just shadowdrop a fighter reveal, and are saving it for something else. I’m willing to bet we’ll get CP7 before the year’s end. We still have 3 months to go as is.

Shroob

Sup?
Relax. I imagine Nintendo isn’t willing to simply just shadowdrop a fighter reveal, and are saving it for something else. I’m willing to bet we’ll get CP7 before the year’s end. We still have 3 months to go as is.
Oh, no, I'm more than willing to bet that they are to be honest.

If they were more than okay with shadow dropping Mario's 35th anniversary, our first REAL Direct in over a year, and a canonical entry to the BotW timeline, a shadow dropped newcomer is 100% on the table.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So could this Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity trailer happen to be the private video Nintendo put on YouTube awhile back?

D

Deleted member

Oh, no, I'm more than willing to bet that they are to be honest.

If they were more than okay with shadow dropping Mario's 35th anniversary, our first REAL Direct in over a year, and a canonical entry to the BotW timeline, a shadow dropped newcomer is 100% on the table.
mmm, fair enough. Tbh I would prefer a shadowdrop at this point just so we can get it over with and move onto the next cycle. Feels like Joker all over again where we just had to wait for what felt like forever before we got anything.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
At this point.... .... .... ..... ......

There's no reason to be excited for anything anymore. Not even the frivolous things that don't really matter are providing a reason anymore. There is no more point. It was over before you even knew it existed.

D

Deleted member

At this point.... .... .... ..... ......

There's no reason to be excited for anything anymore. Not even the frivolous things that don't really matter are providing a reason anymore. There is no more point. It was over before you even knew it existed.
I dunno... feels like we’re finally starting to get back on the rails after Covid-19 kinda just threw itself into the gears of society and broke everything. There’s stuff on the horizon.. it’s just gonna take a little bit longer than expected to get to the station, so to speak.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I dunno... feels like we’re finally starting to get back on the rails after Covid-19 kinda just threw itself into the gears of society and broke everything. There’s stuff on the horizon.. it’s just gonna take a little bit longer than expected to get to the station, so to speak.
How is that supposed to bring me hope. The way it was before wasn't much better. I'm still alone. I'm still not part of a market worth selling too. And so many other non-game related things are still ****ed up.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Well, any games until next year? Irman is pretty confident this is Nintendo's last hurrah for the year.

Smash? **** if anyone knows. If we're getting CP7 anytime soon, expect to just wake up one morning and see them dropped into your sub box with 0 fanfare.
Are you telling me that the general direct rumors that have been popping every single week were...

Fake?

Shroob

Sup?
Are you telling me that the general direct rumors that have been popping every single week were...

Fake?
I think any rumor claiming to have a "General" Direct were always overshooting.

A Mini like March, sure, but not a General.

This does leave Smash in a weird state of limbo though.

Will they just announce ahead of time a "Mr.Sakurai presents!", or will it just be shadow dropped into our sub box like everything else this year.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
And remember assuming there isn't a vaccine before the end of this year, we're bound to get a second wave or the current one getting strong again by flu season (October-November).

Joy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom