• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Some new Crash 4 gameplay got revealed, featuring playable Tawna!
Yes! Was really hoping for this!

Let's just hope this doesn't mean Tawna Prime is dating Pinstripe now like that one detail from the Japanese Only manual that wasn't written by Naughty Dog that the fanbase takes as gospel now. Tawna is Crash's girl!

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It’s also worth noting that Koei has been experimenting with open world Warriors games and judging from the little snippet we got it looks like this one is gonna follow suit.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It’s also worth noting that Koei has been experimenting with open world Warriors games and judging from the little snippet we got it looks like this one is gonna follow suit.
Welp. Not buying it anymore.
The Xbox Series X S is only $300.

Really good price for how much bang it gives.
Really? The original Xbox One was like... $500! That's amazing!

D

Deleted member

Man today has been the first day in a long time we’ve gotten a ton of news at once eh?

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Didn't the last Dynasty Warriors title not end up too well because it tried to take the approach. I do have more hope because they are working with Nintendo and can give them pointers but hopefully they managed to refine it enough to make it work.

What I'm mostly excited for is the story. This can be quite the emotional story considering we all know how the characters will end up and if they flesh out the Champions enough, their deaths will take a toll. Especially with Mipha, as she has enough material to work with to make Link's last stand against the Guardians be even more emotional. This whole game reminds me of Crisis Core a lot, especially with it's ending.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Real talk, if I ever end up in the market for a new console, Microsoft is probably the one I'd be eyeing the most. That price point mixed with how robust their services are really make the system look compelling. Sony needs to step it up a bit IMO.

D

Deleted member

The new hyrule warriors looks pretty good.

That's all :)
If I have to be honest it was a pleasant surprise to see. Depending on my budget it might just be the first video game I pick up this entire year.

But considering my budget is being eaten up by my card game stuff(which takes priority in my book) I’ll just have to wait and see.

Last edited by a moderator:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
If I have to be honest it was a pleasant surprise to see. Depending on my budget it might just be the first video game I pick up this entire year.

But considering my budget is being eaten up by my card game stuff(which takes priority in my book) I’ll just have to wait and see.
I wasn't thinking I'd get it but when i saw the trailer it won me over. That and the mario 3d collection will probably get my money XD

Last edited:

MooMew64

Once I have the time and funds for 'em, I wanna look into getting the Mario Remasters, Pikmin 3, and HW.

Honestly, I'm pretty close to good on Nintendo news for a while. All I really wanna see at this point is CP7 and then I'm good for the year.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The Hyrule Warriors sequel is a pretty great surprise. Looks to be really fun and it’s cool to have more story for BOTW. I’m curious if we will see anyone else outside of whose playable on the roster. As the first game had a huge cast so If they all were cut it be a little disappointing but the game is still looking good.

MooMew64

The Hyrule Warriors sequel is a pretty great surprise. Looks to be really fun and it’s cool to have more story for BOTW. I’m curious if we will see anyone else outside of whose playable on the roster. As the first game had a huge cast so If they all were cut it be a little disappointing but the game is still looking good.
The cast will probably be way smaller, but there's probably gonna be more in-depth gameplay mechanics to make up for it. I'm honestly expecting this game to be like P5 Scramble and be more than just another Warriors game.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
we get to watch Mipha die...literally the only death I don't wanna see
Persona fans waiting for Scramble to get localised by Atlus whilst Koei are putting out another Musou crossover worldwide at release

the **** are you doing Atlus
They're waiting for the time they feel like releasing P5S
The Xbox Series X S is only $300.

Really good price for how much bang it gives.
Makes you hope the PS5 boys has tbr same prices

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
we get to watch Mipha die...literally the only death I don't wanna see

They're waiting for the time they feel like releasing P5S

Makes you hope the PS5 boys has tbr same prices
Considering how inflated Sony's ego has been after their "success" with the PS4, nope. That boy is gonna be $500, maybe $600 even. And pretty soon they'll be just like how Xbox was after the early failings of the Xbox One going "wha happan?"

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Some new Crash 4 gameplay got revealed, featuring playable Tawna!
So this Tawna is from an alternate universe or something?

...Because I would be a little concerned if that design is her main design from now on. It seems too... feminist.

Persona fans waiting for Scramble to get localised by Atlus whilst Koei are putting out another Musou crossover worldwide at release

the **** are you doing Atlus
There should be a localization any day now... ey Squidward?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Considering how inflated Sony's ego has been after their "success" with the PS4, nope. That boy is gonna be $500, maybe $600 even. And pretty soon they'll be just like how Xbox was after the early failings of the Xbox One going "wha happan?"
they also know they can't let Microsoft make more bank than them. With Nintendo Switch consoles being $199(Lite)-$299(normal) and Xbox being $$299(Digital only) and $499(normal), PlayStation would be smart to have their digital console be similar or the exact same as Xbox. $299-$399 for the digital version and $399-$499 for the normal version would be for the best.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
they also know they can't let Microsoft make more bank than them. With Nintendo Switch consoles being $199(Lite)-$299(normal) and Xbox being $$299(Digital only) and $499(normal), PlayStation would be smart to have their digital console be similar or the exact same as Xbox. $299-$399 for the digital version and $399-$499 for the normal version would be for the best.
Wait... they're still pulling this digital only version crap? I thought the $299 was for the base model. God damn you Microsoft! It actually looked like you were learning! Now there's nothing stopping Sony from massacring you!

I don't understand why anyone would want digital only. Can't make use of all that handy backwards compatibility since you don't automatically own the digital version of you have an old physical copy. And then you loose your favorite game and however much money you payed if the game becomes de-listed for whatever reason and you loose the files. It's an anti-consumer practice disguised as a pro-consumer one.

D

Deleted member

Wait... they're still pulling this digital only version crap? I thought the $299 was for the base model. God damn you Microsoft! It actually looked like you were learning! Now there's nothing stopping Sony from massacring you!

I don't understand why anyone would want digital only. Can't make use of all that handy backwards compatibility since you don't automatically own the digital version of you have an old physical copy. And then you loose your favorite game and however much money you payed if the game becomes de-listed for whatever reason and you loose the files. It's an anti-consumer practice disguised as a pro-consumer one.
I don’t disagree with saying Digital only is an odd choice, but imho I think it’s fine. Digital stuff for those that don’t want to drop a bunch of cash on a new console and also don’t want the bulk that comes with it in favor of just the basics with a slightly more expensive version for those that do. It’s not super anti-consumer, but it’s not exactly the most ideal one either.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I don’t disagree with saying Digital only is an odd choice, but imho I think it’s fine. Digital stuff for those that don’t want to drop a bunch of cash on a new console and also don’t want the bulk with a slightly more expensive version for those that do. It’s not super anti-consumer, but it’s not exactly the most ideal one either.
I don't know. I can't see it as anything other then scummy. One step closer to a future where we don't own our games and just pay for a digital subscription service for a fleeting chance at MAYBE playing a game you like before it disappears forever. My experience with things like Netflix and my general dissatisfaction with the dominant narrative in the games industry makes me extremely distrustful of services like that.

Because at the end of the day, they'll do what makes the most money. Sony cut the PS2 tech from the PS3 after launch so more people would buy it. So if the version without a drive sells way more then the version with one, then why keep selling it.

And if they make more money on Game Pass then from just.. selling us games we want to play... then why keep selling them individually? Why pay to burn discs and print covers and manufacture boxes. Just put the files on game pass.

And before you know it, we're in a world where you buy a $500 console and then pay a monthly bill to even use it's features. A slave to the subscription. All because we wanted to save a few dollars in the short term.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom