• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If we don't get FP7 by October we're probably waiting until next year and covid threw the normal schedule off which I'm convinced of at this point.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
If we don't get FP7 by October we're probably waiting until next year and covid threw the normal schedule off which I'm convinced of at this point.
That doesn't make much sense. It can easily be in november or december. They better release it this year or else they'll have to release them quite often in the next year to try to catch their deadline. (unless they'd push it back which would suck)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Ahhh?
Ahhhhhhh.
AHHHHHHHH!

GUYZ!!
Very interesting how Jon Cartwright tweeted an Image with Ryu in it and now this. Really makes you think.
Well, any games until next year? Irman is pretty confident this is Nintendo's last hurrah for the year.

Smash? **** if anyone knows. If we're getting CP7 anytime soon, expect to just wake up one morning and see them dropped into your sub box with 0 fanfare.
I don’t know about a shadow drop that be bold. Especially if it’s a big third party like Geno, or Crash, etc. logically our next fighter was going to be at E3 and would have fit that bill.

Im positive the next character is their last thing for this year. Announcement this month, November release date, but if it was out sooner I’d be pretty excited.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Are you telling me that the general direct rumors that have been popping every single week were...

Fake?
Obligatory: always has been.

And remember assuming there isn't a vaccine before the end of this year, we're bound to get a second wave or the current one getting strong again by flu season (October-November).

Joy.
Granted we've most likely reached a type of herd immunity at this point so it's likely that a second wave won't be nearly as strong as the first one.

The sunshine variant looks really nice:
View attachment 284994
Man, both look slick.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If we’re talking delays. The Mario presentation has been confirmed to have originally been planned for April( their Mario Maker event leaked this date as the correct date had not been updated). So that likely means everything is probably 4 months behind if I had to guess.

Shroob

Sup?
Seeing as the Joker and Hero amiibo are releasing in the first week of October, I expect FP7 to be revealed by later this month/early the next.
See, this is a weird situation.

They're releasing this month, in Japan, but early next everywhere else.

BUT... that may not even matter, because the update that added Mini-Battlefield already added in the code to make them function in-game, meaning that a patch to turn them on isn't needed.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Seeing as the Joker and Hero amiibo are releasing in the first week of October, I expect FP7 to be revealed by later this month/early the next.
They actually release sooner then that. In Japan they come out the 25th of this month. A reveal by then seems very likely.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Imo, I feel as of Nintendo fans should actually look into the partners and indie directs, because it's becoming increasingly obvious that Nintendo has been putting a lot of emphasis on 3rd parties and games that aren't Mario or Zelda with the Switch.

Remember, they were ride or die with Mario on the Wii U, and that backfired.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
At this point I'm not sure how much the amiibo dates matter, just because that things are a bit all over the place (cuz of the quarantine)

Dropping HW2 and Pikmin 3 without directs feels a bit weird. Maybe they don't mind too much, but it does feel less hype to me. At least they do have something coming up though.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Imo, I feel as of Nintendo fans should actually look into the partners and indie directs, because it's becoming increasingly obvious that Nintendo has been putting a lot of emphasis on 3rd parties and games that aren't Mario or Zelda with the Switch.

To be fair though that’s not why the Wii U really failed. Horrendous marketing and a clunky design really screwed them over first and formeost.

Shroob

Sup?
They actually release sooner then that. In Japan they come out the 25th of this month. A reveal by then seems very likely.
Thing is, if you're a diehard believer in Amiibo theory, a reveal on its own isn't good enough, because Amiibo theory is built around actual releases.

It makes sense business-wise. Release a new Smash character, promote some Amiibo in the Direct, suddenly people remember Amiibo exist and go out to buy them.

This has been the crux of the theory since it began, just revealing a character would break it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
E D I T: Amphibia I liked by the end of season 1. Gonna check out season 2, and I preferred TOH more, but that doesn't mean Amphibia was inferior in any way. Bet their fandoms got beef with one another.
Wait... they're still pulling this digital only version crap? I thought the $299 was for the base model. God damn you Microsoft! It actually looked like you were learning! Now there's nothing stopping Sony from massacring you!

I don't understand why anyone would want digital only. Can't make use of all that handy backwards compatibility since you don't automatically own the digital version of you have an old physical copy. And then you loose your favorite game and however much money you payed if the game becomes de-listed for whatever reason and you loose the files. It's an anti-consumer practice disguised as a pro-consumer one.
Lots of people prefer to get their stuff digitally these days, from movies, shows and games to the more...naughtiest of things...and since it'll be cheaper, more gamers will be able to buy the console. This meaning lots of more moneys gets made by the two.
I can’t wait to learn of how the champions all tragically die! :4pacman:

View attachment 284977
M I P H A (**** the rest compared to her)
That face when there's nothing to talk about... :glare:
talk about Owl House
Plot spoilers leaked for Age of Calamity - view at your own discretion.
There once was an ugly Demon King. He was so ugly that everybody died. The end.
Curse you Perry the Platypus

tbf...the Wii U was a pretty trashy console compared to the Wii and Switch (not the Nintendo games...but the console itself alongside the massive lack of 3rd party support from the gang that isn't super close to Nintendo)

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Perhaps it would have helped if we had more games like Thousand year door and Strikers instead of new super mario. lol

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Say, what's this white guardian-looking thing on the box art? Is it going to be a playable guardian? It doesn't seem to have any arms, which is strange since I'd assume a playable guardian would use guardian weapons alongside its laser.

...Say, it looks kind of like an egg. Maybe there's a more complete machine underneath that white exterior, for some reason.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Say, what's this white guardian-looking thing on the box art? Is it going to be a playable guardian? It doesn't seem to have any arms, which is strange since I'd assume a playable guardian would use guardian weapons alongside its laser.

...Say, it looks kind of like an egg. Maybe there's a more complete machine underneath that white exterior, for some reason.
Give me a playable guardian or give me death.

Shroob

Sup?

It's going to be the cute mascot character that gets killed off for a quick cry from the player.

D

Deleted member

I didn’t even notice that holy ****

Honestly with the guardians coming out of the hole shaped things in Hyrule Castle’s huge monoliths I wouldn’t be surprised if this is one of the few uncorrupted Guardians. Then again aside from the eye it looks nothing like one?

Last edited by a moderator:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Either a way for Link to communicate because lol still no voice or it's a playable stand in for someone like Purah or Robbie or any of those other science people

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
And remember assuming there isn't a vaccine before the end of this year, we're bound to get a second wave or the current one getting strong again by flu season (October-November).

Joy.
My friend, I'm not gonna dive deeper than this but from someone living in Ireland, it's not the Covid I'm worried about the most but rather geo-political.

Oh, no, I'm more than willing to bet that they are to be honest.

If they were more than okay with shadow dropping Mario's 35th anniversary, our first REAL Direct in over a year, and a canonical entry to the BotW timeline, a shadow dropped newcomer is 100% on the table.
Honestly I disagree on that. While I can see it, Nintendo should really know well by now, that part of the hype of Smash Bros is the build up. I think we are going to get a Sakurai Presents but it'll me no more than a day's notice instead of a few.

I dunno... feels like we’re finally starting to get back on the rails after Covid-19 kinda just threw itself into the gears of society and broke everything. There’s stuff on the horizon.. it’s just gonna take a little bit longer than expected to get to the station, so to speak.
I don't know about it. You've got the longer term ramifications as well and a second wave which seems to be building, it'll be a weird period. Had this year not had a few long awaited games like Ghost of Tsushima, Animal Crossing etc. this would have been a weak year for the industry.

Still my gut is saying for gaming it'll be a great 2021 at least.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
One thing I'm worried about Age of Calamity is they don't screw over early adapters like the first Hyrule Warriors. It took that game three different attempts on three different consoles to provide the definitive version of the game.

I know Nintendo is now only working with one console this time around but still.

Shroob

Sup?
So is Amiibo theory dead then?
No, because if a character actually comes out this month, it still lines up.

But we'd need a character to come out.

You can stretch it to October since, the Amiibo come out everywhere else outside of Japan in October, but if no reveal this or next month, it's dead, and I'm really skeptical myself on making October count, I personally don't think it should.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

It's probably how Link talks in this like how he had the fairy in the first game

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Wademan94 Wademan94 Metal Shop X Metal Shop X The voices for y'alls characters are finished!

Here's Miles: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x0Orj6wEriECqMasdJTuPLf9q1KgqnkK/view?usp=sharing
Had a lot of fun doing this one! Very blessed birb.

And here's Sulsee: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15VcJUbj2yc9JNAs0KHN6ioQUexkVj-4R/view?usp=sharing
Admittedly I'm not too happy with how this turned out, as when my voice goes deeper it just sounds dopey, but hey, I guess that's what Sulsee is!
Oh, didn't think he had a deep voice.

Was more imagining a "everyman-funny" kind of voice, like not threatening at all & not very deep, and when it try to do so, it fall flat on it's face.

But hey, it ain't your fault, and I still appriciate alot what you done, since this is the very first time one of my character got a voice, so thank you alot for that!

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Oh, didn't think he had a deep voice.

Was more imagining a "everyman-funny" kind of voice, like not threatening at all & not very deep, and when it try to do so, it fall flat on it's face.

But hey, it ain't your fault, and I still appriciate alot what you done, since this is the very first time one of my character got a voice, so thank you alot for that!
No problem! And yeah given his build and face I kinda assumed he was deep lmao. Got a voice ref for what he may sound like? I'd like to have another crack at em' later.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Wademan94 Wademan94 Metal Shop X Metal Shop X The voices for y'alls characters are finished!

Here's Miles: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x0Orj6wEriECqMasdJTuPLf9q1KgqnkK/view?usp=sharing
Had a lot of fun doing this one! Very blessed birb.

And here's Sulsee: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15VcJUbj2yc9JNAs0KHN6ioQUexkVj-4R/view?usp=sharing
Admittedly I'm not too happy with how this turned out, as when my voice goes deeper it just sounds dopey, but hey, I guess that's what Sulsee is!
Nice work dude! Very bird like! I like it!

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
1599596866988.png

Solid Gold Toliet Joke

So in a sense of Irony as with the mini XSX announced today, here's a $10,000 24K Gold PS5.

In which case only two types of people would ever afford it.

1. People who are so full of themselves.

2. Oil families who also own a private zoo in their backyard and can't take care of them.

Like seriously. With that money, I could travel or buy far more important crap. I don't understand love of shiny rocks.... unless it's stones like Pokemon of course. Gotta evolve those creatures.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
No problem! And yeah given his build and face I kinda assumed he was deep lmao. Got a voice ref for what he may sound like? I'd like to have another crack at em' later.
Hmmm

can't think one right now, too late & I'm very tired aha, but if I got something, I let you know. ~

He is quite theatrical & does sound like a superhero at time, but he either get lost in his fantasy, or come back to reality on a whimp when everyone forget or ignore him.

Edit: Also, his vocie doesn't quite match his design, that's intentional in-universe.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Nice work dude! Very bird like! I like it!
Thanks a lot!

Hmmm

can't think one right now, too late & I'm very tired aha, but if I got something, I let you know. ~

He is quite theatrical & does sound like a superhero at time, but he either get lost in his fantasy, or come back to reality on a whimp when everyone forget or ignore him.

Edit: Also, his vocie doesn't quite match his design, that's intentional in-universe.
Alrighty, got it. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom