• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
With the former, I don't get what you're getting at...Whatever the case though we'll see and wait what happens in the future.
Angry Beavers broke a Nickelodeon rule to never reference a TV show either ending on its own or being cancelled in a way that breaks the 4th wall (which is why its real finale never aired on tv)
korra was darker the entire time. amon was scarier than every one of aang's enemies.
it was darker, but still good enough for Nick to air it on tv. I suppose the Earth Queen being choked out by her own air crosses the line compared to a suicide moment (which was one the first of 2 they had all decade...maybe...idk whether to call the one TMNT did a full on suicide or a soldier's sacrifice...either way I'm dumb)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Angry Beavers broke a Nickelodeon rule to never reference a TV show either ending on its own or being cancelled in a way that breaks the 4th wall (which is why its real finale never aired on tv)
Sounds like an dumb controversy if you ask me. Regardless as I said whoever knows only the future can tell what happens.

Last edited:

360°

Smash Rookie
Wow, I can't believe that these scandals come out like a machine gun fire!
First Twitch, now the Smash Community. Seems like the Smash community has been hit very hard by this :foe!:
Especially the high-profile people who are hit (Wiz, D1, Nairo). This whole thing is madness!
But come to think of it, the Smash community has a lot of events where people travel to to play with likeminded people, same as other fighting game communities. It's the 'perfect' breeding ground for people to act abusive towards others, since they see each other in real life more often and often sleep together in hotel rooms. The clips of Cinnpie and Zack were hard to watch, you can clearly see the allure in her eyes..arrrgh :evil:

Let's hope everything gets settled and the victims can live a life unshattered from these horrible experiences.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Someone who I know has no interest in Smash, in Nintendo, or anything related to gaming in general sent me a message saying “Hey, is everything ok? I heard Smash Bros. players are going through hell and I remember you play that game. What’s going on?”

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I really couldn’t care less about the competitive community, so it’s current state doesn’t bother me. What bothers me is the amount of creeps we have on our hands, like, yikes.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I've already referenced my thoughts about this year with The Pale Blue Dot quote.

It's 3am but I'm gonna stay up another hour or so. Chilling here and doing some stuff.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I barely followed competitive Fighting games anyway.

Gameplay-wise... EVO had a good run, I guess. The stuff going on behind the scenes was complete **** and inexcusable, and it's better that it ends immediately, but I'll still try to look back on some Melee championships fondly. I'm glad HungryBox won a couple times back when I watched it live, and I'll just hold onto that. EVO itself going away isn't remotely a devastating loss for me. I don't think I bothered to watch it at all in the last couple years.

I just hope the victims can be healed after what they went through, and that the Smash community as a whole doesn't get a dark shadow cast over it because of this.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Someone who I know has no interest in Smash, in Nintendo, or anything related to gaming in general sent me a message saying “Hey, is everything ok? I heard Smash Bros. players are going through hell and I remember you play that game. What’s going on?”
Yeah this is trending top news on Twitter right now

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I must say, my sympathy goes out to all those who were victimized and affected negatively from all the events that happened, as they should not have had to go through all this. As I said before, I hope those who victimized others will pay for all this, and I do hope that the Smash Bros. community will recover from all the bad press and negative things that transpired and affected it.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
It's just crazy on how 25+ years of FGC can just crash and implode in less than a day.
The community's gonna go back to its underground state it was in throughout the 2000s until SFIV came around.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I mean, people are saying the FGC needs to be overhauled, but really, so do most large communities out there.

The world's a big place, and there are plenty of bad people in it.

You get a large community, it's bound to get bad people.

Each community just needs to do their part prevent these kind of horrible things from happening from here on out. Doesn't mean the entire community in question, from every last fan and developer, needs to be cast and spoken of in a bad light in the process.

God, I'm just tired of all the **** going on right now.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Sounds like an dumb controversy if you ask me. Regardless as I said whoever knows only the future can tell what happens.
I can agree on it being dumb, but Nick gonna Nick (not like any company would like a cancelled show taking potshots at their producer)

b2jammer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
b2jammer
At the very least

We haven't hit alien invasion yet like some were predicting for June.
At this point, 2020 almost feels like an extended Judgement Day, where salvation is simply surviving the year alive and unscathed.

Shroob

Sup?
At this point, 2020 almost feels like an extended Judgement Day, where salvation is simply surviving the year alive and unscathed.
Eh, truth be told, outside of the Corona, my town's been extremely quiet. If the US could get its act together and realize that "Masks = Good", but.... ya know how the US is. :drshrug:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I really couldn’t care less about the competitive community, so it’s current state doesn’t bother me. What bothers me is the amount of creeps we have on our hands, like, yikes.
My thoughts exactly, taking down EVO is a good step but we need to continue to make more strides to make the community better, not worse.

b2jammer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
b2jammer
Eh, truth be told, outside of the Corona, my town's been extremely quiet. If the US could get its act together and realize that "Masks = Good", but.... ya know how the US is. :drshrug:
Tbf, same here really. It's been fine locally, just a lot of **** goin' on everywhere else.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I can agree on it being dumb, but Nick gonna Nick (not like any company would like a cancelled show taking potshots at their producer)
Chances are given its been almost 25 years, they probably don't think that way anymore. If the show is ever to return, now is the time. All I can do is hope.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
So, today was definitely very emotionally draining. Some people I looked up to turned out to be complete garbage human beings, predators. I felt and still feel hurt.

Still, at the end of the day, I'm glad these people were exposed for who they were and that conversation has begun around steps being taken to reform the community into something safer for everyone. It was overdue.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Same, it has just been business as usual for me all year.

My neck of the woods is just a really quiet country town in the middle of nowhere. Where practically nothing interesting happens.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I just hope the whole, "we need to become a better community" thing is actually done instead of just said. We progress to action from words, and then we'll get somewhere.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
o-oh my...god. Evo has been ****ing canceled. Idk why but im laughing right now, they're probably out of how outrageous this whole thing is
:079:

Truth be told, it's for the best.
There's been a bunch of garbage today. It's startling. Gotta work through it as best as we can.

Secondly, the new CEO is effectively in their new position; effective immediately. Their name is Tony Cannon.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
One of the big issues the Smash Community has is the normalization of the party culture to minors. Almost every story I read that had to deal with personal interaction has to deal with giving alcohol to minors during a party, and then commiting statuary ****.

This is an issue in all of the FGC, but Smash especially with it's size and high amounts of minors.

Shroob

Sup?
There's been a bunch of garbage today. It's startling. Gotta work through it as best as we can.

Secondly, the new CEO is effectively in their new position; effective immediately. Their name is Tony Cannon.
I don't think EVO will ever recover from this, frankly. With both Capcom and NRS pulling out of it, and Nintendo probably ****ing done with the competitive scene, what's even left aside from Tekken/Bamco, ArcSys and some anime games?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I just hope the whole, "we need to become a better community" thing is actually done instead of just said. We progress to action from words, and then we'll get somewhere.
If only the world could do that all the time.
Then maybe some of humanity wouldn't be this stupid with their decisions.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I don't think EVO will ever recover from this, frankly. With both Capcom and NRS pulling out of it, and Nintendo probably ****ing done with the competitive scene, what's even left aside from Tekken/Bamco, ArcSys and some anime games?
Not even Bamco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom