• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ah thought you were referring to how graphic the franchises are.
Predator VS Wolverine would make for a cool comic. Keep them out the cinematic universe though.

Hopefully some serious changes are made going forward to prevent this from happening (some organizations are banning alcohol consumption at under-18 events, which is a good first step, but why in the world would you not have rules against that in the first place?), and here's hoping that the people responsible for these actions face the consequences. I'll admit, I don't follow competitive Smash and I have no locals in my area, so I'm likely missing a lot of context for what's going on, but hopefully the competitive scene can weed out the bad elements and put safeguards in place to keep something like this from ever happening again, because even the bits and pieces that I've heard have been outright disgusting.
Let's hope so. My locals are usually always filled with adults, either because campus events where it's 99% college kids or bars where you can't even be a kid to get inside, so that's why I've personally never come across those types.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It could just be a cameo, like a Predator appearing in the background of a shot for Guardians of the Galaxy 3.
I mean that's basically Howard the Duck gag, that's pretty innocent. I'm assuming he meant full involvement.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I mean that's basically Howard the Duck gag, that's pretty innocent. I'm assuming he meant full involvement.
Yeah, I don't think a full-on movie crossover would happen outside of Deadpool, a solo Wolverine movie, or something of that nature (and even that seems unlikely, given that they haven't even introduced the X-Men into the MCU yet and it seems unlikely that they'll do a crossover with other movie series), given that Predator was one of the chief inspirations for Mortal Kombat. (Sub-Zero's spine-ripping fatality) It's a great movie (easily one of my favourites), but I can't see it meshing well with most MCU properties and doing the Predator justice.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Should I start up Bravely Second or Persona 4 Golden after I'm finished with Xenoblade? Only got a few more things left to do before I'm through with the game for a bit.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So in anticipation for next week I've switched my pfp to that of Re Zero. Not long now.

Should I start up Bravely Second or Persona 4 Golden after I'm finished with Xenoblade? Only got a few more things left to do before I'm through with the game for a bit.
Persona 4 Golden definitely.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
And yet another CN show comes to an end.

We Bare Bears with 140 episodes and 1 movie.

Good things come to an end I guess but I'm glad it went down that way given how depending how long an franchise lasts the more they degrade such as Simpsons, Family Guy, Ice Age and Spongebob. Which is why I'm grateful how Regular Show ended on an good note.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Holy ****, that's a big blow

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
At the final level of Subspace Emissary in Project+... The Great Maze.

I'll save that for another day xD
Imagine if WOL had “The Greater Maze” with every spirit encountered in WOL ready to fight you again.

Plus all characters except Kirby and DLC have to be reunlocked.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
And yet another CN show comes to an end.

We Bare Bears with 140 episodes and 1 movie.

Good things come to an end I guess but I'm glad it went down that way given how depending how long an franchise lasts the more they degrade such as Simpsons, Family Guy, Ice Age and Spongebob. Which is why I'm grateful how Regular Show ended on an good note.
Well technically it’s not over, as it’s getting a spinoff show which is about the Baby Bears and their adventures.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well technically it’s not over, as it’s getting a spinoff show which is about the Baby Bears and their adventures.
That's true, I apparently forgot about that but chronologically the series is over overall but continues on with when they were cubs.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That's crazy - at this point, I'm expecting Namco-Bandai to remove itself from EVO Online as well.
Do you think literally everyone will pull out of EVO, or will it just be a really big Skullgirls event? :191:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Just wondering, what did EVO have to do with the popular guys who were outed as, well, you know, again?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Do you think literally everyone will pull out of EVO, or will it just be a really big Skullgirls event? :191:
I expect everyone to pull out and EVO becomes the biggest Rock Paper Scissors tournament ever.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Holy ****, EVO is done....

2020...just **** off and cease to exist. You have been nothing but a disaster for everyone on planet Earth...

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Holy ****, EVO is done....

2020...just **** off and cease to exist. You have been nothing but a disaster for everyone on planet Earth...
With all the **** that is happening, you'd expect to have some glorious event to make up for all this eventually.....

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yeah, it'd be another E3 situation.
Could be a whole new reform for fighting games in general. More strict rules and all the like, a fresh start.

With all the **** that is happening, you'd expect to have some glorious event to make up for all this eventually.....
No glory, just suffering. :nifty: Just five more months of it to go.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
If any of the companies had anything to announce at EVO, they might as well announce it now to make up for the absolute ****storm that just happened...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Sorry I was out, What's going on the community???????
Pedophile ring in Smash scene.

EVO guy is a predator. Game companies dropping their events, currently Capcom and MK.

Not our first rodeo with this stuff but the timing couldn't be worse.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I feel that getting this all brought out into the open is far, far, far, far better than having it fester and continue for another couple of years. The timing sucks and there’s a lot hurting going on but it’s for the absolute best. The people coming forward against such scrutiny are extremely brave and I believe 100% that we should listen to them and hear why they have to say. While my prospects for the FGC and Smash community is at an all time low right now; I do hope that the community, both competitive and casual, can fix itself, remove the problems and issues, and better itself to be accepting and safe for people to participate. There are still (hopefully) good people in the competitive community who still wants to play Smash competitively and, for a small few, use this to pay the bills. It’s going to get worse before it gets better but I hope we can come together and heal once we build a better and stronger community.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
While my prospects for the FGC and Smash community is at an all time low right now; I do hope that the community, both competitive and casual, can fix itself, remove the problems and issues, and better itself to be accepting and safe for people to participate. There are still (hopefully) good people in the competitive community who still wants to play Smash competitively and, for a small few, use this to pay the bills. It’s going to get worse before it gets better but I hope we can come together and heal after all of this.
I'm confident that we'll live. At least, Smash will. There are a plethora of innocent survivors who are also huge icons of the competitive scene of this game, I doubt a scandal, albeit as huge and disgusting as it is, will become completely erased due to this. Unless the ring is way larger and becomes some deep-state conspiracy theory type ****, as long as people take the appropriate time to heal and reflect, this setback will only set a clear path for greater pastures.

At least, until the next big scandal years down the line. :4pacman:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Annnnnnnd Zero got accused.

Can I wake up now?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If I were them, I'd just cancel EVO for this year and start next year again until its made sure that there are no more of these pedophiles and rapists.

blackghost

Smash Champion
I feel like it peaked at Book 3, but Book 4 carried itself quite well (too bad it took Korra and Asami years to get that kiss)

Varrick was a god practically

Amon made sense since it was meant to be a miniseries, and thank god we ditched her worthless uncle...but Zaheer

they weren’t expecting a damn thing like 3 book renewals. Also the last 6 episodes of Book 3 and all of Book 4 were put online last minute since it was getting darker...and to make space for other Nicktoons (they could’ve put the episodes on Nicktoons tbh, like what they did to the Apocalypse finale and Halloween episodes of TMNT 2012)

I get Korra was getting darker during Book 3, but idk why Nick decided to move the show online DURING the season...and barely advertised the season on tv
korra was darker the entire time. amon was scarier than every one of aang's enemies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom