• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Kind of just sitting here like, "that was their big project?" cause it honestly just looks like your average mobile game. Also, "free to start"? Lmao curb your expectations. :198:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Wario Bros. Wario Bros. We lost the battle my dude.

But seriously, that was pretty lame in my opinion. It just felt like another mobile title you can play on the Switch as well and nothing else, nothing shown made me want to play it. Having the gameplay shown as if it were some Esports event did nothing for me either. I'm sure some people are happy about it, I just kinda expect something bigger when you dedicate an entire presentation to a single title.
:<

I really didn't understand why they couldn't have both presentations in one video. Even then, what they chose to ended it with was terrible in my book.

Detective Pikachu better not be in the distant future.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I don't see why they needed a separate presentation for this honestly.
Regardless MOBAs are super not fun to me so this is a miss.

D

Deleted member

So that week long wait was just for a MOBA, because the mobile market isn't already flooded with those? Why did they decide that this deserved an entire presentation of its own, when they easily could've announced it last week? Pretty sure the reception wouldn't be as negative then. I wasn't expecting much, but even then a mobile MOBA game is just disappointing.

Well, Pokemon Snap 2 was the highlight, not gonna lie.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
So that week long wait was just for a MOBA, because the mobile market isn't already flooded with those? Why did they decide that this deserved an entire presentation of its own, when they easily could've announced it last week? Pretty sure the reception wouldn't be as negative then. I wasn't expecting much, but even then a mobile MOBA game is just disappointing.

Well, Pokemon Snap 2 was the highlight, not gonna lie.
I'm actually thinking that Nintendo might not have wanted the Switch to be associated with this in any way because they could see a potential backlash.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I tried League of Legends for a little bit, and while it does get the attention it deserves in my opinion, it's just not for me personally. I'm just more interested in other games... like Smash and Legend of Zelda.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I'm actually thinking that Nintendo might not have wanted the Switch to be associated with this in any way because they could see a potential backlash.
Nintendo doesn't seem to have much to do with anything regarding Pokemon announcements. Besides, the Switch was shown in this presentation and it's going to have Pokemon Unite.

It's probably just because Tencent being involved is a big deal.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Nintendo doesn't seem to have much to do with anything regarding Pokemon announcements. Besides, the Switch was shown in this presentation and it's going to have Pokemon Unite.

It's probably just because Tencent being involved is a big deal.
****, I didn't realize it was coming to Switch, Tencent probably demanded to be the centre of attention.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Well, at least it wasn't another mainline game.
The amount of comparisons to Blizzard and "Don't you guys have phones" is pretty telling people probably wanted that instead.

Having this 11 minute presentation a week after the previous one seems to have completely erased the PMD remake, Snap 2 and SwSh DLC from existence.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Even still, we all know that no MOBA will be able to top the best of the bunch: Dota 2.

Why? Because you can have Rick & Morty as announcers. :p

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
For me, I didn't exactly mind Unite much. I thought it looked fine, as someone who's never been into MOBAs.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I thought it looked kinda cool, sucks there’s no baby ‘mons though. That’s weird. Also sucks there’s no Wigglytuff from what I could see, but at least there’s Gengar.

However, while I’ll likely try it, it’s still disappointing (plus it likely won’t last long for me at all), and I was already thinking the Pokémon fanbase was gonna start crapping on it. I’m guessing either Tencent paid them to give it its own presentation, or they’re just tone-deaf. Wasn’t really worth a hyped-up wait. I was expecting it was the Tencent thing after someone brought it up, though.

Heh, not even Nintendo seemed to care about it.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
That was exactly what I was expecting out of this direct, and I'm still underwhelmed. I don't think it's as bad as everyone else is saying, though.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Spirit Promotions in an nutshell.
...Shantae...please
I set an alarm to wake up in time for this travesty of a presentation. I'm done, no more live Pokemon presentations.
sorry for your loss of time I suppose...tho idk what y’all expected from an 11 minute Pokémon direct

Spider-Man: Homecoming post credit scene has taught y’all nothing

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
On the plus side, EVO Online is happening in a week or two (it starts July 4th-5th). I'm not sure when the exhibition matches for the games that were originally a part of EVO's line-up are going to be, but if they're on the first weekend, I assume we're going to get the trailers that were intended for EVO then.

I assume that would mean that we'd be getting new content for Street Fighter, Tekken, Under Night In-Birth, Soul Calibur, Samurai Shodown (or SNK in general - can't recall if Warden from For Honour is the last character or not), Dragon Ball FighterZ, and GranBlue Fantasy Versus.

Maybe Marvel vs. Capcom as well (there was supposed to be a Marvel vs. Capcom 2 exhibition, though what's going on with that now is unclear), but likely not Smash Bros., since the only time that we've gotten a Smash announcement at EVO was the announcement of the August Direct that revealed the Belmonts, Chrom, Dark Samus, and K. Rool.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I know nothing about Tencent's history. What's so bad about em'?
They're a massive monopoly. I also think they're part of the Chinese government?
I'm not really angry, more that I'm confused. Like... why was this a stand alone?
My guess is that either Tencent told them to make it standalone, or they were planning on it being as big as Pokemon Go was.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
For a more serious answer, Tencent has a long history of dispensing CCP propaganda, including spreading anti-Hong Kong messages. They were even involved in making a propaganda mobile game for the government.

Not the best reputation, MOBA aside.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Beat Kirby Tripple Deluxe. Got all the sun stones because it was easy as piddle. Now I’ve moved on to Planet Robobot. As cool as they armor is though... Hypernova was just so satisfying. I miss it.

Wait... the robobot armore enhances your copy abilities.... what would it do to hypernova?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I guess when life gives you Tencent, you make salt. *shrug*

They revealed two good games in Cafe and Snap 2, so its not a complete flop.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
On the plus side, EVO Online is happening in a week or two (it starts July 4th-5th). I'm not sure when the exhibition matches for the games that were originally a part of EVO's line-up are going to be, but if they're on the first weekend, I assume we're going to get the trailers that were intended for EVO then.

I assume that would mean that we'd be getting new content for Street Fighter, Tekken, Under Night In-Birth, Soul Calibur, Samurai Shodown (or SNK in general - can't recall if Warden from For Honour is the last character or not), Dragon Ball FighterZ, and GranBlue Fantasy Versus.

Maybe Marvel vs. Capcom as well (there was supposed to be a Marvel vs. Capcom 2 exhibition, though what's going on with that now is unclear), but likely not Smash Bros., since the only time that we've gotten a Smash announcement at EVO was the announcement of the August Direct that revealed the Belmonts, Chrom, Dark Samus, and K. Rool.
I feel the EVO online event will most likely still have some fighting game announcments. One of those that I am certain will be shown is the final season pass for Street Fighter V, unveiling the next SoulCalibur VI DLC character and maybe a KoFXV reveal there.

Whilst the status of the Marvel Vs Capcom 2 exhibition is not clear like you said, if there were any MvC news to be revealed there, my best bet would be a Marvel Vs Capcom Collection.

D

Deleted member

At least it wasn't Gen 4 remakes or Let's Go Johto. I'd rather GF take their time and don't churn out a new main game each year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom