• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
At least it wasn't Gen 4 remakes or Let's Go Johto. I'd rather GF take their time and don't churn out a new main game each year.
I'm going to laugh when the next mainline game looks to be mediocre like the last couple main games and people wonder why that is.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I don’t really understand how this is a disappointment. It’s just a cute little game, there’s nothing wrong with that. I feel the actual issue is that expectations were high and people were expecting Detective Pikachu 2 or Sinnoh remakes or something, and I’d honestly say Pokemon is partially to blame for those high expectations. Regardless, I don’t understand why everyone is so upset? Looks like a pretty cool game.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Honestly, I don’t really understand how this is a disappointment. It’s just a cute little game, there’s nothing wrong with that. I feel the actual issue is that expectations were high and people were expecting Detective Pikachu 2 or Sinnoh remakes or something, and I’d honestly say Pokemon is partially to blame for those high expectations. Regardless, I don’t understand why everyone is so upset? Looks like a pretty cool game.
a) some people were expecting Gen. 4 remakes or Gen. 2 remakes

b) the game is developed by Tencent, and people have already explained the problems with that company on this page and the previous one.

D

Deleted member

I'm going to laugh when the next mainline game looks to be mediocre like the last couple main games and people wonder why that is.
To be honest, I'm not expecting much either, not from GF. But after SwSh there really is no other way but up. At the very least they can't pull the "we had issues importing models" excuse again, without people realizing that something's fishy.

I just want an actually competent company handling those mainline games, not GF. But that's just wishful thinking.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I feel the EVO online event will most likely still have some fighting game announcments. One of those that I am certain will be shown is the final season pass for Street Fighter V, unveiling the next SoulCalibur VI DLC character and maybe a KoFXV reveal there.

Whilst the status of the Marvel Vs Capcom 2 exhibition is not clear like you said, if there were any MvC news to be revealed there, my best bet would be a Marvel Vs Capcom Collection.
Marvel vs Capcom Collection and Marvel vs. Capcom 2 HD Remix.

Anyway... as for SFV.... my ideal final season would consist of
  • Ingrid
  • Eagle
  • Sawada
  • Retsu
  • Scorpion (special guest
How likely is it? *shrugs* but it’s what I want.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Just came back from walking and some creative writing in the park.

Wow...... The Pokemon thing was anticlimactic......

Edit: Maybe separating this from last week's was definitely by design.

More catering to a Chinese Audience or something...

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
look at all this hate online damns

havent seen this much Nintendo hate since Byleth joined Smash

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
It’s completely fair to expect more from a presentation instead of a single free to start Switch/mobile title developed by Tencent.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It’s completely fair to expect more from a presentation instead of a single free to start Switch/mobile title developed by Tencent.
Yeah, I that’s why I specified Pokemon contributed to that, ahaha. I expected more as well.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Honestly, I could care less about who it's developed by, it just doesn't look fun in my opinion.
Yeah, I that’s why I specified Pokemon contributed to that, ahaha. I expected more as well.
You say you expected more, and you're saying you don't get how this is a disappointment? I'm confused here.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I could care less about who it's developed by, it just doesn't look fun in my opinion.

You say you expected more, and you're saying you don't get how this is a disappointment? I'm confused here.
It still looks like a neat game regardless, so I don’t feel dissapointed. A little underwhelming at first, sure, but it’s not a huge deal.

That being said, I’m not a big Pokemon fan, so I’m not really one to talk.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Even as someone who's played MOBAs this doesn't really look great. The roster is pretty lackluster and what they shown looked pretty average for the genre even with some of the Pokemon mechanics they tried to include. There's also the huge elephant in the room which does not do the game any favors in winning goodwill.

If I want to play a MOBA on Switch, I'll stick with SMITE.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Marvel vs Capcom Collection and Marvel vs. Capcom 2 HD Remix.

Anyway... as for SFV.... my ideal final season would consist of
  • Ingrid
  • Eagle
  • Sawada
  • Retsu
  • Scorpion (special guest
How likely is it? *shrugs* but it’s what I want.
Hard to say because I really don't have much of a clue on who the final five characters are. But I am still certain that we will definitely get Street Fighter V: Champion Edition's final season pass news at the EVO event.

Speaking of July, at least there are two events I can look forward to which is EVO 2020 and the Comic-con at Home event.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Nah, there’s definitely gonna be a big game coming. I’m expecting it to be free and available on both Switch and mobile. Except way bigger than Cafe Mix. They want people to see this, especially if they made a second presentation instead of including it in the first one. Not expecting a remake, but something new and original. Although it would have to be good enough for them to think it would be huge.
I may be super wrong, but we’ll see.
I called it, almost exactly. Just replace free with free to start.
Anyways, I’ve been hearing some bad things about it, but it looks genuinely fun. I might try it out and if I like it I might even get the full game.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Killed my second superbosses, Despotic Arsene, with a bit of luck & topple locking admitelly, but yeah, par to the course at this point.

Think Ancient Daedala will be my next target, but we will see.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
WELP, I already killed Ancient Daedala. :ultcharizard:

I remember my first with XB2 superbosses to be much harder than this, after some time they became pushover of course, but idk, topple locking really is that powerful....tho I still feel my ass is going to be beat hard by abyssay avalanche. since topple last much less with him and you need to remove some gems to even hit him & not die by touching him.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Annnnd I already beated Blizzard Belgazas.

Monado Boy too op, plz nerf.

still, I noticed I'm missing some affinity coins, and outside of the last superbosses & a few more levels to gain, I wonder who I missed. Think I killed all the UM who can be missed forever, but I can't tell who is still standing.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The Pokémon Unite trailer is ok. I’d be more interested if the roster was so bad.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Damn people really pretending Tencent's that big of a dealbreaker on a forum about a video game owned by a company that's currently profiting off of genocide
What are you talking about? What Genocide are you event talking about?

And Nintendo?

It’s pretty clear that switch port was an after thought imo.

And the game probably won’t do well anyway here.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So I went to Subway today and as I was leaving, this guy told me how wearing plastic masks along with holes in it for the virus to get through can lead to heart attacks.

I'm perhaps in that case considering on no longer wearing masks. As long as I don't touch my face, wear gloves and wash my hands I should be fine.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Damn people really pretending Tencent's that big of a dealbreaker on a forum about a video game owned by a company that's currently profiting off of genocide
Ngl, this feels like the we should improve society somewhat meme.

Also, genocide? I know the manufacturing part of Nintendo is shady as heck, but I never heard of a... genocide.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
So I went to Subway today and as I was leaving, this guy told me how wearing plastic masks along with holes in it for the virus to get through can lead to heart attacks.

I'm perhaps in that case considering on no longer wearing masks. As long as I don't touch my face, wear gloves and wash my hands I should be fine.
Wait, what? Who told you this information and what qualifications do they have? That claim seems very unsubstantiated.
I'm not sure what mask you own, but it's very well known that masks reduce the risk of COVID-19. Both in that wearing one lowers the chance of you contracting it from others, and in the situation that you already have it but are unaware, you're less likely to spread it to others. I've never seen a source indicate that wearing a mask can lead to heart attacks. You know doctors and surgeons have worn them often for years even before COVID-19 right?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Wait, what? Who told you this information and what qualifications do they have? That claim seems very unsubstantiated.
I'm not sure what mask you own, but it's very well known that masks reduce the risk of COVID-19. Both in that wearing one lowers the chance of you contracting it from others, and in the situation that you already have it but are unaware, you're less likely to spread it to others. I've never seen a source indicate that wearing a mask can lead to heart attacks. You know doctors and surgeons have worn them often for years even before COVID-19 right?
Maybe its the type of mask he was saying which was plastic. Perhaps I should wear an different type just to be safe? I dunno...

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
To be fair, this was a random dude at Subway with seemingly no qualifications. I wouldn’t trust em’.
Very well then. I wasn't too sure about this that's why I brought this up to get your opinions on this matter.

Doesn't help too I didn't find such research this guy had stated...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom