• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Last edited:

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
B13AAF6B-DFA1-499B-B0D6-25AC56CFC8E8.jpeg

Here are my pass predictions.
A few are based on predictions for game releases, like Asriel being labeled as Deltarune. If my prediction is right and chapter 2 will release right around the end of the fighter’s pass, then that would be my reasoning.
I would just add this to my signature, but
I d o n t k n o w h o w

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Here are my pass predictions.
A few are based on predictions for game releases, like Asriel being labeled as Deltarune. If my prediction is right and chapter 2 will release right around the end of the fighter’s pass, then that would be my reasoning.
I would just add this to my signature, but
I d o n t k n o w h o w
Its got Crash and Phoenix Wright. I'd be sold for this one.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm just glad that no new mainline game means that GF has more time for the next mainline game.
Nononono, we need to have a new pokemon game every single year with no exceptions. And if it come out underwhelming, that's just GF's fault for being bad developers.

Here in the pokemon fandom, we want to have our cakes and eat 'em to. Give us our unnecessary remakes and give them to us right now!

osby

Smash Obsessed
News update on the new domestic feline:

20200624_133528.jpg

She's still getting used to the house but she had no problem using the litterbox or claiming the cat toys as her own. Our other cats are really intrigued by her but she knows how to scare them off if they get too close.

I think taking care of a new pet is good for me, too. I wasn't doing great for a while but helping a cat adjust to her new home took my mind off stressful stuff.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wait, what? Who told you this information and what qualifications do they have? That claim seems very unsubstantiated.
I'm not sure what mask you own, but it's very well known that masks reduce the risk of COVID-19. Both in that wearing one lowers the chance of you contracting it from others, and in the situation that you already have it but are unaware, you're less likely to spread it to others. I've never seen a source indicate that wearing a mask can lead to heart attacks. You know doctors and surgeons have worn them often for years even before COVID-19 right?
Maybe its the type of mask he was saying which was plastic. Perhaps I should wear an different type just to be safe? I dunno...
Hi, literally a person who had to wear a mask in doctors and crowded places since 2009, because as I said before I have a very bad immune system.

And can I just say whoever told you is a blatant idiot. That’s as bad as those people putting holes in masks.

There is no way a mask will ever give you heart attacks, that’s not how those happen.

Honestly it’s best to just ignore people and wear masks to be safe, because those who aren’t wearing them are the exact reason for why cases are rising again.

Don’t let things like that get to your head and strike fear as that’s no good. Just listen to doctors and medical advice first.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
We have a Min Min icon now.

:ultminmin :ultminmin :ultminmin

If you don't see it, clear your cached images and refresh.

Thanks, Warchamp7 Warchamp7 !

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hi, literally a person who had to wear a mask in doctors and crowded places since 2009, because as I said before I have a very bad immune system.

And can I just say whoever told you is a blatant idiot. That’s as bad as those people putting holes in masks.

There is no way a mask will ever give you heart attacks, that’s not how those happen.

Honestly it’s best to just ignore people and wear masks to be safe, because those who aren’t wearing them are the exact reason for why cases are rising again.

Don’t let things like that get to your head and strike fear as that’s no good. Just listen to doctors and medical advice first.
Also for reference this is similar to what I use to have to wear( in recent years my immune system was better with treatment so I haven’t needed to wear it except doctors really)
1593024102768.jpeg

Except it was gray with the filter in the middle rather then two filters.

I don’t currently have my normal ones but that google pic should be close enough

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
We have a Min Min icon now.

:ultminmin :ultminmin :ultminmin

If you don't see it, clear your cached images and refresh.

Thanks, Warchamp7 Warchamp7 !
Sweet changed my main now. I like R.O.B a lot still and I play a lot of Ridley but going to try for maiming Min-Min first and foremost as I had a lot of fun using her in ARMS.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ngl, this feels like the we should improve society somewhat meme.

Also, genocide? I know the manufacturing part of Nintendo is shady as heck, but I never heard of a... genocide.
What are you talking about? What Genocide are you event talking about?

And Nintendo?

It’s pretty clear that switch port was an after thought imo.

And the game probably won’t do well anyway here.
Nintendo profits from slaves camps where the Chinese government has them work as slaves as the alternative to murdering them. Which is genocide as it's targeted at specific groups, Nintendo's one of the many tech companies to profit from these slave camps
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...g_from_the_use_of_chinese_forced_labour_camps

I feel like it's wrong to call one out and decry/boycott but not the other. There is no ethical consumption under capitalism after all

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Nintendo profits from slaves camps where the Chinese government has them work as slaves as the alternative to murdering them. Which is genocide as it's targeted at specific groups, Nintendo's one of the many tech companies to profit from these slave camps
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...g_from_the_use_of_chinese_forced_labour_camps

I feel like it's wrong to call one out and decry/boycott but not the other. There is no ethical consumption under capitalism after all
Ok, so that's what you mean.

I see where you're coming from, but the thing is, with the system, we're all technically hypocrites if we critisize a company. I'm sending this from a Samsung phone, and they aren't exactly spot clean with their track record either. I don't really enjoy the slave labor or human rights violations any company does, but unless something changes, this is something we have to live with (I do agree with your stance on capitalism though).

Now, on Tencent, I think the big issue with them is the blatant invasion of privacy they do, which is something many of us take for granted, and is considered sacred (nobody really wants the Patriot Act anymore for example). As that affects more people, it's mucj easier to single out that one company. Facebook was in hot water for the same thing, and I'm not too big on Google storing my info as well.

Does this make sense? Idk if it does.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So much neophobia is happening in reguards to Crash 4’s art-style it’s sickening. Now they’re doing photoshop edits that “fix” the designs. It’s just ridiculous. Especially since we live in a post-Sonic movie age where developers are expected to crunch their staff in order to “fix” something that isn’t bad and is just different. Its just so toxic.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
This Monday will make Smash Ultimate have the same amount of DLC characters as 3DS/Wii U (7)

The biggest difference about all this is the 3DS/Wii U DLC characters are in Ultimate's base game and we still got 5 more characters to go.

Crazy

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ok, so that's what you mean.

I see where you're coming from, but the thing is, with the system, we're all technically hypocrites if we critisize a company. I'm sending this from a Samsung phone, and they aren't exactly spot clean with their track record either. I don't really enjoy the slave labor or human rights violations any company does, but unless something changes, this is something we have to live with (I do agree with your stance on capitalism though).

Now, on Tencent, I think the big issue with them is the blatant invasion of privacy they do, which is something many of us take for granted, and is considered sacred (nobody really wants the Patriot Act anymore for example). As that affects more people, it's mucj easier to single out that one company. Facebook was in hot water for the same thing, and I'm not too big on Google storing my info as well.

Does this make sense? Idk if it does.
Nah I get what you mean but I feel like more often than not, people are hella selective about their moral compasses. Like, "Sora shouldn't be in Smash because Disney is evil!" And I'm wondering about how little they care about companies directly involves in genocide despite trying to act like they have the moral highground due to those child gravestones Disney destroyed

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
This Monday will make Smash Ultimate have the same amount of DLC characters as 3DS/Wii U (7)

The biggest difference about all this is the 3DS/Wii U DLC characters are in Ultimate's base game and we still got 5 more characters to go.

Crazy
Even crazier is that 3/7 of Smash 4's were veterans, one DLC newcomer was the obligatory Fire Emblem rep, meaning that 3/7 were completely new characters from new franchises. So far, Ultimate only has 1 of these.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Thanks I feel much more relieved now and can continue doing what I wear when going out.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
You know I never brought it up but find it funny that out of all the ARMS characters, I knew it would be noodle girl that would give Helix the L. Not springchad, not ribbonlass, but... noodle girl.
oliver-sharpe-helix.jpg
It really puts the salt on the wound.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hello lads. What are we playing this week The Last of Us or Spongebob?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom