• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
alright so i feel like i gotta ask this: when are we seeing more heroes?

i remember at the beginning they talked all about having multiple heroes and stuff like that and adding even more later on, and so far we have a grand total of 6, with only ONE of them having been revealed later on. there was that short trailer with hank pym but since then i don't think we've heard a peep about his involvement in the story or whether or not he's even playable
They actually clarified both these today.

They talked about revealing someone new in the next few months before the beta and release.

And they told us that Hank is part of a resistance to A.I.M that also involves Fury, Maria Hill, shield agents, and more. With them being NPCS( unless you can maybe unlock them later?) that give you quests and other things in the hub area.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Ok, but what is Ganon gonna do against the Min Min matchup?

Already a -4 matchup for him
Parry her fists, then trap her in the corner. Not really much different from other zoner match ups, except that if her fists are treated as disjoints instead of projectiles then parries will be even more effective then compared to most zoners.

-4 is an exaggeration. It's -2 or maybe -3 at worst. But there's not going to be any -4 matchups in a game as balanced as Ultimate.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
For literally forgetting me when the Hero amiibo got announced even after I spent months talking about how much I wanted it to be announced.
I never heard you mention a Hero amiibo, and I doubt people forgot. Most likely scenario is that it just didn't cross their minds to congratulate you. You're acting like giving you a namedrop is an obligation, and people should apologize to you for not giving you one. Maybe I'm misinterpreting you, but I don't know, that just feels a bit entitled to me.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
For literally forgetting me when the Hero amiibo got announced even after I spent months talking about how much I wanted it to be announced.

Also because this whole thread has an obsession of thinking about me just as a Marvel fan while forgetting every other thing I like.
Ok I don’t want to sound harsh here but this needs to be said:

1) nobody is thinking like this and that’s not why you weren’t tagged today

2) Nobody tagged you for the DQ amiibo because
1) you were watching there was literally no need for it.
2) people definitely didn’t even think of it.

That may sound mean but it’s the truth, this thread doesn’t Constantly think about all the Users and their likes or requests for tags. Because there’s way more on people’s minds.

And tagging doesn’t mean a damn thing. We’re not forgetting you by not tagging you, the thread thinks your a cool dude, but you don’t need the tags to feel appreciated. It’s not good to feed negative thoughts like that.

Just because you didn’t get tagged doesn’t no one cares about you, and complaining about it isn’t going to make people enjoy or like you more.

You stand out in your own, you don’t need the praise or attention to be a cool individual. Don’t think otherwise because it’s only going to hurt your mental state.

I’m again not trying to be rude but my point is tags aren’t pointless don’t let them go to your head, your liked by people here and the tags aren’t going to change that.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Also because this whole thread has an obsession of thinking about me just as a Marvel fan while forgetting every other thing I like.
That is not a healthy mindset.

No one here is forced to come to you, be glad people think about you and tag you in any capacity. :dr^_^: Some of us never get that kind of attention.

D

Deleted member

You're acting like giving you a namedrop is an obligation, and people should apologize to you for not giving you one. Maybe I'm misinterpreting you, but I don't know, that just feels a bit entitled to me.
It isn't an obligation at all.

But I'm sick of only getting tags for Marvel stuff all the time, and never for anything else which I've commented in the past about how much I adore it.

All these past months a lot of Dragon Quest and Transformers stuff has come out, and nobody ever considered the idea of just namedropping me.

When I talked about an apology I didn't refer to people not tagging me, I refered to people forgetting basically a 90% of the stuff I like for the most part and honestly the way I am.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
They actually clarified both these today.

They talked about revealing someone new in the next few months before the beta and release.

And they told us that Hank is part of a resistance to A.I.M that also involves Fury, Maria Hill, shield agents, and more. With them being NPCS( unless you can maybe unlock them later?) that give you quests and other things in the hub area.
oh

well then that settles it

D

Deleted member

Ok I don’t want to sound harsh here but this needs to be said:

1) nobody is thinking like this and that’s not why you weren’t tagged today

2) Nobody tagged you for the DQ amiibo because
1) you were watching there was literally no need for it.
2) people definitely didn’t even think of it.

That may sound mean but it’s the truth, this thread doesn’t Constantly think about all the Users and their likes or requests for tags. Because there’s way more on people’s minds.

And tagging doesn’t mean a damn thing. We’re not forgetting you by not tagging you, the thread thinks your a cool dude, but you don’t need the tags to feel appreciated. It’s not good to feed negative thoughts like that.

Just because you didn’t get tagged doesn’t no one cares about you, and complaining about it isn’t going to make people enjoy or like you more.

You stand out in your own, you don’t need the praise or attention to be a cool individual. Don’t think otherwise because it’s only going to hurt your mental state.

I’m again not trying to be rude but my point is tags aren’t pointless don’t let them go to your head, your liked by people here and the tags aren’t going to change that.
I actually wasn't watching the Stream because some tough family drama happened.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

But I'm sick of only getting tags for Marvel stuff all the time, and never for anything else which I've commented in the past about how much I adore it.

All these past months a lot of Dragon Quest and Transformers stuff has come out, and nobody ever considered the idea of just namedropping me.

When I talked about an apology I didn't refer to people not tagging me, I refered to people forgetting basically a 90% of the stuff I like for the most part and honestly the way I am.
Still tags shouldn’t matter period. It’s like likes and retweets, stuff like that on social media. It’s all stuff that messes with people’s heads and gives them negative outlooks on things.

Enjoy what you enjoy, don’t give a damn if no else does or if your tagged or not tagged about something. Do what makes you happy, don’t worry about others.

D

Deleted member

Still tags shouldn’t matter period. It’s like likes and retweets, stuff like that on social media. It’s all stuff that messes with people’s heads and gives them negative outlooks on things.

Enjoy what you enjoy, don’t give a damn if no else does or if your tagged or not tagged about something. Do what makes you happy, don’t worry about others.
It's a problem when people tend to view me as just the Marvel person and as such get the awful idea of me over stuff from literally years ago.

There are some people from here who still see me as just the Marvel guy and one has even blocked me on Discord for reasons "which aren't my business" as they said.

So if people are still treating me as that Marvel jerk from two years ago, definitely change is needed.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Ehhhhhhhhhh, I give up for today, too late here to do good research. It really suck if the one UM I miss is gone for good, but I already done alot tonight, so I cross my fingers for tomorrow & hope for the best.

Sorry guys for fooling you & myself earlier, though I had like 3 more affinity coins to gains when tthe rue is that I have 2 left to get, and with the last superboss, that mean I will arrive to 254 coins, if that's all I can get, well too bad for me. Better next time I guess.

On that said, good night folks.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

1593036890359.png

You need to calm down bro, it still isn't that deep. People have reasons. Some people may be interested in one thing you like, but not all things you like. People may not immediately think to call upon your name the moment they see something. I understand that your outside life is troubling you, but seeping it here and expecting others to hold the exact same fascinations as you are unrealistic. You shouldn't need others to like everything you do on a website that is based on a fighting game and none of those things.

If you wish to talk about Dragon Quest to others, join a Dragon Quest forum. Even if there is Dragon Quest content in this game, it isn't a majority of its content nor its fanbase.

It's a problem when people tend to view me as just the Marvel person and as such get the awful idea of me over stuff from literally years ago.
You are making a lot of assumptions.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 276151

You need to calm down bro, it still isn't that deep. People have reasons. Some people may be interested in one thing you like, but not all things you like. People may not immediately think to call upon your name the moment they see something. I understand that your outside life is troubling you, but seeping it here and expecting others to hold the exact same fascinations as you are unrealistic. You shouldn't need others to like everything you do on a website that is based on a fighting game and none of those things.

If you wish to talk about Dragon Quest to others, join a Dragon Quest forum. Even if there is Dragon Quest content in this game, it isn't a majority of its content nor its fanbase.

You are making a lot of assumptions.
Ok, that's actually a good point.

Joining forums about the stuff I like.

That's actually quite smart and I actually feel should have thought about It before.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

You know it isn't an obligation, but again, you're acting like it. And being tagged in Marvel stuff isn't a bad thing? People that share an interest with things you like want to share it with you, that's natural. They're just trying to be friendly. Not being tagged doesn't mean that people forgot about you or the stuff you liked. That isn't the point of tagging. And even if people did forget, they shouldn't have to apologize to you. I forget stuff all the time, people forget stuff, it's natural. Getting this caught up over people tagging you isn't healthy dude. As Z25 said, just do what you enjoy, there's no need to get caught up over it.

There are some people from here who still see me as just the Marvel guy and one has even blocked me on Discord for reasons "which aren't my business" as they said.

So if people are still treating me as that Marvel jerk from two years ago, definitely change is needed.
You keep mentioning this and I still have no idea what you're talking about. You aren't "the Marvel guy" you're JDCabera. Nobody thinks of you as "the Marvel guy". Nobody is treating you like a jerk, you need to stop making assumptions.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
People rarely get tagged for anything. For instance, I don't think anyone has ever tagged me when anything pokemon related has happened. No one tagged me when the Squirtle or Ivysaur amiibo came out, no one tagged me when Gigabtamax Charizard was revealed, and no one tagged me when a pokemon presentation was announced.

A lot of people have been tagging Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku with Min Min's reveal but like, he has ramen in his username. Its the main thing people remember about him, and an entire unexpected character reveal is also a much bigger deal then an amiibo.

This place is a busy forum with a lot of people, and its not fair to expect people to remember everything about everything. It's just easy to get lost in the crowd.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well I’m positive you were posting here then but that still doesn’t matter. Like I never get tagged for any of my interests but that doesn’t matter to me and it shouldn’t to you either as it will only lead to bad mentalities.

Plenty of people know you as more then just the marvel guy and no one here thinks of you as a mean person, but whining Like that is going to upset people and keep that vision to anyone who still believes it. So that’s not how you change.

As for the person in discord, forget them because their pointless. People aren’t always going to like you and many will be asses, you e just got to ignore them, it’s not worthy it

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
@JDCabrera

I'm going to have to be honest but I do agree with the others here. Z25 Z25 especially.

While I was watching the Smash thing I wasn't giving a **** about anyone except thinking the community in general will be happy.

For better or worse, there is no rulebook on thinking and friendships and all. Its tough and I'm still trying to stomach it sometimes at 23.

You're a likable guy and I'm sure many people like you and couldn't imagine the place without you. At the end of the day it's a tag.

And without going personal dude but myself and others have given you ideas on how to try to sort your family life out.

D

Deleted member

You keep mentioning this and I still have no idea what you're talking about. You aren't "the Marvel guy" you're JDCabera. Nobody thinks of you as "the Marvel guy". Nobody is treating you like a jerk, you need to stop making assumptions.
Because this stuff is regarding a server filled with Smashboards users.

Won't namedrop It because I know that if I do this will just get even worse.

And without going personal dude but myself and others have given you ideas on how to try to sort your family life out.
Yeah, I've been trying to put those ideas on practice during quarantine.

Sadly It did just get worse because they catched up too easily.

I still appreciate the effort of the people who tried to help me doh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Like for example the most hype gaming thing for me right now I think would be if Geno got into smash.

Would tags be neat and fun to see because I talk about him a lot? Sure I love discussions, but I wouldn’t be upset if it wasn’t because I’d be too excited and hyped over seeing something I’ve wanted forever

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Because this stuff is regarding a server filled with Smashboards users.

Won't namedrop It because I know that if I do this will just get even worse.
Are you saying people here are bullying you or something? :drshrug:

D

Deleted member

Like for example the most hype gaming thing for me right now I think would be if Geno got into smash.

Would tags be neat and fun to see because I talk about him a lot? Sure I love discussions, but I wouldn’t be upset if it wasn’t because I’d be too excited and hyped over seeing something I’ve wanted forever
I actually want Geno in Smash too.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one on this thread who does because I'm used to being around people from here who tend to dunk on Geno fans at that server I mentioned with the exception of one specific person there.

So I am happy that at least I'm not the only Geno supporter here.

Are you saying people here are bullying you or something? :drshrug:
No.

Rather that they have the wrong idea of me.

And that is making them view me in a way which isn't ideal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I actually want Geno in Smash too.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one on this thread who does because I'm used to being around people from here who tend to dunk on Geno fans at that server I mentioned with the exception of one specific person there.

So I am happy that at least I'm not the only Geno supporter here.

No.

Rather that they have the wrong idea of me.

And that is making them view me in a way which isn't ideal.
Well I stay out out of the Geno Support thread for that very reason. It gets out of hand often and usually has a lot of trolls.

D

Deleted member

That you like Marvel? Who doesn't like Marvel? :216:
Quite a lot of people actually.

And honestly, I'm getting burnt out of this topic. This is getting to dangerous points I don't want to reach and I'm just gonna drop It here.

Gonna take some water and probably a shower, then see if sometime this week I can meet with my IRL friends to cool down.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
OK, then they can continue to not like Marvel unless they're being asses about it.

And honestly, I'm getting burnt out of this topic. This is getting to dangerous points I don't want to reach and I'm just gonna drop It here.
Isn't much use in having this outcry if you can't even cry out, then. Reach someone you trust in DMs that you think can help understand you further. Or don't, I don't control your life.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
JDCabrera, you seem to have a very low and high opinion of yourself at the same time.

If someone tags you because they remember you like something, that's nice. But you can't expect it to happen. Especially on a forum largely filled with what are, effectively, strangers.

Dutch Raikuna

Far from a dangerous point and saying getting burnt of a topic like this is a little risky coming from personal experience.

Just be open a bit here.

Dutch Raikuna

By the way guys I may have taken too much caffeine from earlier.
Cause I've been dancing like Snoop Dog on an airplane the past half hour.

_20200624_235411.JPG

D

Deleted member

Wademan94 Wademan94 so... Have you been watching that Disney+ show starring Goofy and Pluto's voice actor?

Saw the first episode of It and It was neat I guess.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Man, FE:3H becomes a year old next month. Time flies by quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom