• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Wild how the most popular Pokemon in the series:ultgreninja: isn't gonna be added
Also of note is how every fossil Pokemon but the gen 4 fossils are in
Yeah, the lack of Gen 4 fossils is odd, makes me wonder if they're planning something with Sinnoh.

But the fact that the Johto, Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos starters aren't there but Hoenn's are is a little odd. I think there might be a 3rd DLC, or they might be doing something with Hoenn's starters.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh my freakin' Mechonis, I just beaten a level 87 enemy while being only level 74, which if you don't know, mean you have a very hard time hitting them due to how your level & agility affect your hit rate. So normally, I should have came back later when higher level, but I didn't want to grind or use Expert Mode to get easy levels. Instead, I decided the much more tiring-but-satisfying-at-the-end way to use Night Vision V Gems on my party so they able to hit the enemy more easily. After that, I had two 3 stragegy, only 1 worked in the end however, and all involve chain attack:

1) Use Riki Topple to hopefully topple (a toppled enemy can't be miss) then start a big chain attack with Reyn & Dunban both having topples & Reyn having gems that extend topples. However, you don't know, Riki Topple work on luck, it either make the enemy bind (stop moving) or topple them, and after some try, it judt didn't work, soooo.

2) Use Melia Spear Break -> Starlight Kick combo to topple the enemy & topple lock them to death with Reyn & Dunban. Melia Topple is guaranted if you start with Speak Break & follow it with Starlight Kick...however, fact is, she couldn't land the move at all, and when she did, Reyn and/or Dunban were already dead...or just didn't topple the enemy at all, soooo, I had one last idea.

3) Use Dunban high critical rate to fill up the talent gauge by killing some 33 levels enemies on the beach, then, pray to Mechonis that Dunban Gale Slash hit the 87 level enemy before the chain attack start (if it does, he can follow with Electric Gutbuster, which can break the enemy guaranted in a chain attack), start the chain attack, hope the break land in it, hope Reyn topple land, and if doesn't, pray the chain attack extent & pray my topple land, and if by all mother of luck, all work, I can then topple/date the enemy to death with Reyn & Seven (who is really good at dealing DAMAGES, also both have Daze art, which extent the topple even more)

Suffice to say, I made my life much harder for myself then it should have, but lord does it feel good when it finally work.

btw, I needed because the enemy drop a item I need for a quest, so no, I didn't do it for the heck of it.

D

Deleted member

So there's a Crown Tundra leak that shows the Pokemon that are returning for that DLC.
Johto starters getting screwed over again. No Mega form, no exclusive Z-Move and now not even in the game (and by extension Gigantamax form). Also RIP Furret and Sunflora.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I still like the “Link was dead” angle. It is far more simple an explanation and does fit within the lore.
I don’t really like it personally, but it being an afterlife world with Majora terrorizing everyone is still much better than a literal interpretation of what the Encyclopedia said :) The intro and ending seem to conflict with the idea a bit, though, unless Skull Kid and the fairies are spirits I suppose. Personally I just like assuming it’s an alternate dimension, and Link dies sometime after leaving the place, before becoming the Hero’s Shade in TP; the Hero’s Shade makes it seem he died as an adult, and I think TP’s Link is a descendant and not just a reincarnation (according to Hyrule Historia, that seems to be the case).

Yeah, the lack of Gen 4 fossils is odd, makes me wonder if they're planning something with Sinnoh.

But the fact that the Johto, Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos starters aren't there but Hoenn's are is a little odd. I think there might be a 3rd DLC, or they might be doing something with Hoenn's starters.
In one of PapaGenos’s latest videos, he shows that apparently some dataminers or whoever found all 896 Pokémon, while someone like that in his or somebody’s discord found stuff for a third Isle while the Crown Tundra appears to be bigger than both it and the Isle of Armor; possibly evidence for more DLC or maybe they’re testing stuff incase they decide to do more.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Ironic how the Gen 4 fossils, who are themed around attacking and defending, are the only ones not to return in Sword and Shield.
In one of PapaGenos’s latest videos, he shows that apparently some dataminers or whoever found all 896 Pokémon, while someone like that in his or somebody’s discord found stuff for a third Isle while the Crown Tundra appears to be bigger than both it and the Isle of Armor; possibly evidence for more DLC or maybe they’re testing stuff incase they decide to do more.
I'm sorry, but I'm going to want a more reliable source then Papa "The Grinch Leak is Real" Genos for news as potentially as big as that.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Ironic how the Gen 4 fossils, who are themed around attacking and defending, are the only ones not to return in Sword and Shield.
I'm sorry, but I'm going to want a more reliable source then Papa "The Grinch Leak is Real" Genos for news as potentially as big as that.
That’s fair. I just figured it was trustworthy since he showed images and stuff, and wasn’t just saying stuff he heard from people. I know there was that weird thing he did with Byleth and the Grinch Leak deal (though that was moreso his contact theorizing with him on how Banjo could be in base while Banjo was always heard as DLC), but he doesn’t seem untrustworthy or like some other Smash youtubers reporting on any leak or info they possibly can.

The video for reference:

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Something to consider with the ARMS rep:

Although insiders seem to imply it’s a single character but if the character had male and female characters then it would be obvious as they said to who is apart of it imo.
So I'm going to guess its between Spring-Man, Ribbon Girl, Twintelle or Min-Min?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So, I got cast for a real nifty game a few days ago. They've hired voice actors from stuff like Pokemon Masters, Fire Emblem Heroes, and so on for this project, so to think that that's their standard and I somehow meet it is pretty flattering. Here's the character I voice!
1592682850345.png

Finally, I get to use a southern accent for a project.

D

Deleted member

So, I got cast for a real nifty game a few days ago. They've hired voice actors from stuff like Pokemon Masters, Fire Emblem Heroes, and so on for this project, so to think that that's their standard and I somehow meet it is pretty flattering. Here's the character I voice!
View attachment 275435
Awesome!!!

This will seem to be a step closer to getting into a big budget game good friend!!

D

Deleted member

View attachment 275435
also a game with a jojo va and a sword art online va

both of which are animes that are truly scary /s

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Screenshot_20200620-024332.png

Kappa Mikey is a show that is an untapped well for meme templates and reaction images, I loved binging it.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
It's probs gonna be Min Min or Twintelle like everyone says.

I just have a feeling. If it turns out it's not I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
So I'm going to guess its between Spring-Man, Ribbon Girl, Twintelle or Min-Min?
As cool as Twintelle is, it will not be Twintelle.

The announcement specifically mentioned the game is about characters with long arms, so why would they choose to represent the game with a character who fights with her hair?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
So there's a Crown Tundra leak that shows the Pokemon that are returning for that DLC.
I'm pleasantly surprised to see that nearly all of the fossils are back. I'm guessing they may be planning an expansion of the fossil hunts of some sort in the DLC, though hopefully it's not too RNG to get the ones you want. Also it's nice we'll have all of the pseudo-legendaries back together again, especially Garchomp since it was an important piece to one of my main teams.

That said, pour one out for Sawsbuck, I really wish they'd give that line more love.

Johto starters getting screwed over again. No Mega form, no exclusive Z-Move and now not even in the game (and by extension Gigantamax form). Also RIP Furret and Sunflora.
It's really strange how the Johto Starters get treated. They're a part of Gen 2 which still benefitted greatly from Pokemania and the nostalgia that came with it, but they don't get nearly as much love as the Kanto Starters. It's not even that they lack popularity either as Typhlosion, Feralgatr, and their pre-evolutions did pretty well on the Pokémon of the Year poll, so it's weird that their marketing is so low when compared to many of the others.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm pleasantly surprised to see that nearly all of the fossils are back. I'm guessing they may be planning an expansion of the fossil hunts of some sort in the DLC, though hopefully it's not too RNG to get the ones you want. Also it's nice we'll have all of the pseudo-legendaries back together again, especially Garchomp since it was an important piece to one of my main teams.

That said, pour one out for Sawsbuck, I really wish they'd give that line more love.

It's really strange how the Johto Starters get treated. They're a part of Gen 2 which still benefitted greatly from Pokemania and the nostalgia that came with it, but they don't get nearly as much love as the Kanto Starters. It's not even that they lack popularity either as Typhlosion, Feralgatr, and their pre-evolutions did pretty well on the Pokémon of the Year poll, so it's weird that their marketing is so low when compared to many of the others.
If I had to guess, it's because the Johto starters are kinda boring compared to the other sets of starters

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The returning Pokémon list is definitely interesting but it could point towards a multitude of things tbh

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Decided to check the length of each past DLC character's presentation video to get an idea on content:

:ultjoker: 15:28 (remember Joker's has a different format than the others)
:ulthero: 21:34
:ultbanjokazooie: 25:14
:ult_terry: 48:52
:ultbyleth: 38:42

And the ARMS one is said to be ~35 minutes long.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I just beat Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition, so that now marks three complete playthroughs.

God I love this game so much.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

The announcement specifically mentioned the game is about characters with long arms, so why would they choose to represent the game with a character who fights with her hair?
Her hair acts as arms, they just aren't literal arms.

I still don't think it'll be her though, just for different reasons. She's popular, but not as "iconic", as subjective as that term is. I think they'll probably go for a character who appeared heavily in early promotion, and has simple special abilities not too distract too much from their extending ARMS shtick. So probably Springman or Ribbon Girl, but maybe someone a little more complex like Min Min or Ninjara.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So Metal Shop X Metal Shop X , Lamperouge Lamperouge and who all else has completed or nearly beaten Xenoblade 1.

I have finally reached a certain point. The beginning of the build up to the climax of the game.

Man the events of Mechonis Core still hit. Prove me wrong but the events there is still among the best story moments Nintendo has ever produced. I could go with JRPGs but that's for another

- The boss fight against Egil, complete with the zoom out to the Bionis, is still a triumph.

- Shulk's badass "I will stop your blade until we understand each other" quote. Certain people could learn from that quote.

- Egil's flashback flashback with Arglas. When the latter said "our people will visit worlds. Worlds we have never imagined." I set my mind to thinking of Alrest, Mira and worlds visited in PX2 from Makai to Tokyo to Ylisse.

- Dickson's Betrayal and the moment that happens you hate him. And the **** he does to piss off the others.

- The ensuing fight between Zanza and Meyneth. Still brilliant but this is one of the moments that should have been redone because of Xenoblade 2.

- And the escape and destruction of half the world. Still hits.

Gotta say though is does feel faster. And unfortunately I'm about to hit the weakest part of the climax. The Bionis Interior and the freaky bacteria monsters.

Outside of Xenoblade 1, my best friend has gotten pretty far in The Last of Us 2 and man he broke over a certain moment. He finds the game just OK.

Well I mean I find it frightening how many fans SAO has racked up for being so bad.
It is bad, having dropped it after a few episodes.
And there is far better game themed anime and isekai out there. Re Zero, Konosuba, hell even Accel World is better than it and it features anime chubster Cartman as the main character.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Her hair acts as arms, they just aren't literal arms.

I still don't think it'll be her though, just for different reasons. She's popular, but not as "iconic", as subjective as that term is. I think they'll probably go for a character who appeared heavily in early promotion, and has simple special abilities not too distract too much from their extending ARMS shtick. So probably Springman or Ribbon Girl, but maybe someone a little more complex like Min Min or Ninjara.
"Hair that acts like arms" is not the same thing though, she would just be a weird first rep for the series about people who are born with stretchy mutant arms.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I just beat Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition, so that now marks three complete playthroughs.

But did you 100% it though? :214:

I'm about 80% there, my team just now reaching their 80s before I hit the big quests, trying to unlock Skill Trees before it's too late.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

This'll be my third full play through. Its still one of my favourite games of all time although Trails of Cold Steel 1/2 came very close to toppling it.
I was going to straight shot it on casual but I decided to heed the advice and get a lot of extra stuff done.

There's a group of people (unfortunately one living in my house) who won't play JRPGs at all and only play Western. Too cringy and anime, turn based isn't realistic.
They should play this to be proven wrong.

Side note: Should try and cut down my words.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So Metal Shop X Metal Shop X , Lamperouge Lamperouge and who all else has completed or nearly beaten Xenoblade 1.

I have finally reached a certain point. The beginning of the build up to the climax of the game.

Man the events of Mechonis Core still hit. Prove me wrong but the events there is still among the best story moments Nintendo has ever produced. I could go with JRPGs but that's for another

- The boss fight against Egil, complete with the zoom out to the Bionis, is still a triumph.

- Shulk's badass "I will stop your blade until we understand each other" quote. Certain people could learn from that quote.

- Egil's flashback flashback with Arglas. When the latter said "our people will visit worlds. Worlds we have never imagined." I set my mind to thinking of Alrest, Mira and worlds visited in PX2 from Makai to Tokyo to Ylisse.

- Dickson's Betrayal and the moment that happens you hate him. And the **** he does to piss off the others.

- The ensuing fight between Zanza and Meyneth. Still brilliant but this is one of the moments that should have been redone because of Xenoblade 2.

- And the escape and destruction of half the world. Still hits.

Gotta say though is does feel faster. And unfortunately I'm about to hit the weakest part of the climax. The Bionis Interior and the freaky bacteria monsters.
Man, I love damn near everything about the events in Mechonis Core. Dickson's turn, although really obvious in hindsight, was executed perfectly ...and the choreography of the battle between Zanza and Fiora/Meyneth is still a joy to watch (hell, many of the scenes in this game are shot beautifully and make other JRPGs blush). I also think Egil is easily the best antagonist in the series.

Bionis Interior is way too short to be a serious blight on the finale of the game, IMO. I also don't find Lorithia to be much of a challenge if you rock player controlled Melia with Riki and Dunban.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

because...hair arms are still arms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom