• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Twintelle's situation will just depend on how literal they want "ARMS" to be. While she's not using arm arms, she's still technically using arms. And it's not like they'd differ gameplay-wise from any of the other characters' ARMS.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
If you combine my wants and expectations for the presentation, you get this:

“Take a look.”
*insert the opening of Banjo’s trailer, with Banjo added at the end*
It starts zoomed in on Mario’s hat, surrounded by darkness. Then, a loud noise, followed by fire in the distance. Basically, Ridley is fighting Zero Suit Samus. At some point, Samus overtakes Ridley and it shows him in a defeated animation. And then, all of a sudden, an arm comes from the darkness and attacks Samus, sending her into the air. Then another, sending her farther into the distance.
They return, and it zooms in on the darkness.
“Dr Coyle joins the battle!” [replace with catchy line]
arms theme starts playing
gameplay
when the melody shifts, it starts to show the necessary “they get beat up to show off their gimmick”
then back to the trailer, she looks defeated, but rolls past zero suit (making her invisible) and just punches her again really
shows off the invisibility and float gimmick in gameplay
trailer ends with ridley stepping back into the scene and looking at Dr Coyle, who isn’t facing them.
Ooooo epic
That’s it

D

Deleted member

Some minutes ago I prevented a suicide and helped someone discover their true value for art and how in the future they will likely get a lot of praise for it if they keep working on It.

She reminded me a bit of Guh-Huzzah back when he was starting to get into voice acting, lol.

Smashboards and Discord really changed me in a good way.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
But did you 100% it though? :214:

I'm about 80% there, my team just now reaching their 80s before I hit the big quests, trying to unlock Skill Trees before it's too late.
Well, I missed a UM in Sword Valley so I won't be able to truly 100% the game until NG+.

In terms of what I want to do before I eventually start NG+, I need to:

- Get all the art manuals for each character
- Complete the skill trees (I have all the trees except for Sharla's fifth and most skills unlocked)
- Grind out some more of the highest tier gems
- Raise party affinity to max with everyone

I've finished most of the quests in the game and I only need Special level 5 for Colony 6 reconstruction, but both of those will reset in NG+ anyway.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Some minutes ago I prevented a suicide and helped someone discover their true value for art and how in the future they will likely get a lot of praise for it if they keep working on It.

She reminded me a bit of Guh-Huzzah back when he was starting to get into voice acting, lol.

Smashboards and Discord really changed me in a good way.
Online or IRL? Either way impressive and proud of you.

Nothing to do with it, but I swear you guys live in more interactive communities than me.

I've finished most of the quests in the game and I only need Special level 5 for Colony 6 reconstruction, but both of those will reset in NG+ anyway.
Gonna just beat the game and harvest Noponstones for Colony 6.

Got other games I want to plough through.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
If you combine my wants and expectations for the presentation, you get this:

“Take a look.”
*insert the opening of Banjo’s trailer, with Banjo added at the end*
It starts zoomed in on Mario’s hat, surrounded by darkness. Then, a loud noise, followed by fire in the distance. Basically, Ridley is fighting Zero Suit Samus. At some point, Samus overtakes Ridley and it shows him in a defeated animation. And then, all of a sudden, an arm comes from the darkness and attacks Samus, sending her into the air. Then another, sending her farther into the distance.
They return, and it zooms in on the darkness.
“Dr Coyle joins the battle!” [replace with catchy line]
arms theme starts playing
gameplay
when the melody shifts, it starts to show the necessary “they get beat up to show off their gimmick”
then back to the trailer, she looks defeated, but rolls past zero suit (making her invisible) and just punches her again really
shows off the invisibility and float gimmick in gameplay
trailer ends with ridley stepping back into the scene and looking at Dr Coyle, who isn’t facing them.
Ooooo epic
That’s it
Here are my expectations for the ARMS presentation.
Long arm go sproing.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Never did I ever thought Sharpedo would swim through the waves THAT fast in the DLC. I feel the Jaws coming after me lol

here’s a photo of my dog.
1EB15692-53EC-461D-8A9B-8299FF2A8C4B.jpeg

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well, I missed a UM in Sword Valley so I won't be able to truly 100% the game until NG+.

In terms of what I want to do before I eventually start NG+, I need to:

- Get all the art manuals for each character
- Complete the skill trees (I have all the trees except for Sharla's fifth and most skills unlocked)
- Grind out some more of the highest tier gems
- Raise party affinity to max with everyone

Not bothering with NG+, I just need to do Future Connected once I finish up everything.

It's not too bad, I missed the Agniratha quest about finding memory chips, completely forgot about that. Though, I did get every UM so far, so I guess we're on equal terms, except for me already doing Colony 6 reconstruction.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The biggest disappointment about no new character announcements is that we can’t get a Rhythm Heaven ARMS trailer with the reporter at the ringside

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Yo, Wademan94 Wademan94 . How do you get good names for your mythical characters? Trying to think of a name for a monster character and I'm not really sure where to start. I kinda want to go for something like the names given to the Skeksis in The Dark Crystal.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Yo, Wademan94 Wademan94 . How do you get good names for your mythical characters? Trying to think of a name for a monster character and I'm not really sure where to start. I kinda want to go for something like the names given to the Skeksis in The Dark Crystals.
I'm not him but look at the monster design, look at its defining features, play around with Google Translate or a real name you've always liked and go from there.

That's how I got characters for my story.

And I'm just over 2,000 posts reached. A testament to how much I've grown to here.

Last edited:

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Pokémon Smile is incredibly easy to trick. I just took a Dorito, smiled for the camera and pretended to brush my teeth. With the dorito. And it worked just fine. Caught myself a Geodude.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Pokémon Smile is incredibly easy to trick. I just took a Dorito, smiled for the camera and pretended to brush my teeth. With the dorito. And it worked just fine. Caught myself a Geodude.
...You mean you don't brush your teeth with a Dorito normally?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
A tooth brushing app can be controlled with a piece of junk food.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I spent a really long time thinking there was going to be at least some BotW 2 news by now before I realized that was pointless, the pain. So, that was a longer absence from me than usual.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
You heard of the Sword In The Stone, now get ready for--
That preview had me so worried.

Yo, Wademan94 Wademan94 . How do you get good names for your mythical characters? Trying to think of a name for a monster character and I'm not really sure where to start. I kinda want to go for something like the names given to the Skeksis in The Dark Crystals.
I’m not sure, I’m still working on names for my human characters, maybe if I saw it I might be able to help more

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

A project me and Nate are involved in just released, so we were all in a group chat and Nate kinda just
A98DA0E6-9CAB-4619-9B1E-2E201063BDC3.jpeg

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
OH ****ING HELL YEA. I just got my Kickstarter Edition of The Wonderful 101 today:
7B19F0BA-F531-4185-A960-43AED05315DF.jpeg
image.jpg

the front cover is a holographic slipcover if you couldn’t tell

D

Deleted member

A project me and Nate are involved in just released, so we were all in a group chat and Nate kinda just
I still need to add you as a friend on Discord.

OH ****ING HELL YEA. I just got my Kickstarter Edition of The Wonderful 101 today:
View attachment 275465View attachment 275466
the front cover is a holographic slipcover if you couldn’t tell
Woah, that letter by Kamiya and the Wonderful 101 team looks really cool!!

Hopefully you enjoy the remaster!!!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I think I'm nearing the end of Nier Automata. (I'm not going to directly bring up spoilers, but I'm still spoiler-tagging it anyway)

Previously, I had to choose between two different characters at various points in the story, but after the incident at Pascal's village, now I only have one option available to me.

Also, I have almost every weapon in the game - I'm just missing weapons that I unlock through sidequests that I can no longer access, a weapon in the Flooded City that's proving tricky to reach, and
Emil Heads
, which I assume are tied to this game's version of Rodin from Bayonetta.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeah.

I like her design the most out of every character in Arms.

Also really dig energetic characters.
Yeah for sure could be cheerful and funny XD

I dont think she'd be getting in on her own but what if it's a multi-character fighter, there could maybe be two guys and two girls. Just a possibility.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
For the longest time I have had in my mind the ARMS fighter could be Spring Man in a new design to reflect a sequel appearance.

I'm trying to get idea out of my head because I believe that's begging for a disappointment.

Otherwise, the top 3 I see are Spring Man, Ribbon, or Min Min.

D

Deleted member

Yeah for sure could be cheerful and funny XD

I dont think she'd be getting in on her own but what if it's a multi-character fighter, there could maybe be two guys and two girls. Just a possibility.
I could see It happening.

My predictions are set mostly on Min Min, but a multiple alts scenario is quite plausible too

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Been playing a lot of Pokémon Sword recently.

It's refreshing to just wander around the world with no goal in mind.

New goal of mine: Complete the Galar Pokédex and the Isle of Armor Pokédex.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Arms rep is neat but i'm more interested in the indie mii costume that will completely overshadow the real fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom