• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Unpopular opinion: The Mario Kart with the best course list is 7. Almost every retro track is fantastic, and the new ones aren't bad either. After 7 comes Wii, Double Dash, 8, 64, DS, GBA, and SNES in that order.

Shroob

Sup?
I remember playing DS for hours but

Oh god is it ugly looking at it nowadays lol. I'm not much of a graphics ***** but, christ DS games didn't age gracefully unlike say, N64 or PS1 graphics(Depending on the game in question).

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Unpopular opinion: The Mario Kart with the best course list is 7. Almost every retro track is fantastic, and the new ones aren't bad either. After 7 comes Wii, Double Dash, 8, 64, DS, GBA, and SNES in that order.
7 could've been so perfect and then they said "**** Waluigi, we need a goddamn BEE"

i lowkey miss wiggler tho

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Actually got my DS 15 years ago this week. I only remember that because of old camcorder showed me playing it. Super Mario 64 DS and Wario Ware Touched what I got with it.
Seriously the DS blew my mind for games. Probably the most important piece of gaming for me.
Same, I was obsessed with my Nintendo DS when I was a kid.

I can clearly pin point when I first started playing Generation 4 of Pokemon because like 2 days afterwards I went on vacation to Universal studios and on that same week one of my favorite episodes of Fosters home for imaginary friends aired for the first time, which the air date is listed on Wikipedia lol

Oh god is it ugly looking at it nowadays lol. I'm not much of a graphics ***** but, christ DS games didn't age gracefully unlike say, N64 or PS1 graphics(Depending on the game in question).
True, the 3D games look horrible on that thing, but I feel like it had some damn good sprite art.

Shroob

Sup?
Same, I was obsessed with my Nintendo DS when I was a kid.

I can clearly pin point when I first started playing Generation 4 of Pokemon because like 2 days afterwards I went on vacation to Universal studios and on that same week one of my favorite episodes of Fosters home for imaginary friends aired for the first time, which the air date is listed on Wikipedia lol

True, the 3D games look horrible on that thing, but I feel like it had some damn good sprite art.
The sprite art is great. A lot of the Pokemon sprites are still fantastic to this day

But OI VEY that early 3D was CHONK

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I think Mario Kart DS has the worst set of retro courses the series had so far, but I think it has my favorite set of nitro courses overall as well and Mission Mode is great. I hope it returns for Mario Kart 9.

D

Deleted member

I remember I use to always go to sleep by playing my DS every night in the DS era. Good times with Pokemon Shadows of Almia, Explorers Dusk, Diamond, NSMB DS, Mario Kart DS, Phantom Hourglass, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Echoes of Time, Phantasy Star 0...

Great times...

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
7 could've been so perfect and then they said "**** Waluigi, we need a goddamn BEE"

i lowkey miss wiggler tho
wiggler for MK9.

MKDS doesn't look fantastic, but it's better than FF7.

KillerCage

Smash Master
What is your opinions on the original Advance Wars?
I was hoping to beat it for game clearing, but I'm not having fun doing it.
In particular, the fog of war levels keep making me stop playing.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I remember I use to always go to sleep by playing my DS every night in the DS era. Good times with Pokemon Shadows of Almia, Explorers Dusk, Diamond, NSMB DS, Mario Kart DS, Phantom Hourglass, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Echoes of Time, Phantasy Star 0...

Great times...
The World Ends With You, Hotel Dusk Room 215, the best Pokemon spinoff aka Shadows of Almia, Golden Sun Dark Dawn, Tony Hawk's Games for the DS, Chrono Trigger.

The DS was an amazing system.

The sprite art is great. A lot of the Pokemon sprites are still fantastic to this day
But OI VEY that early 3D was CHONK
I loved the early DS games with the 3D models. Rayman DS for example.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I didn't know you could get it running on a computer. My local movie theatre has Arcade GP DX, so I always just go there to play it.
The engine the first two games run on (Triforce) is nearly identical to the GameCube so a special Dolphin emulator can play them.

DX is different but still possible to play on PC.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I got another sketch done. Well, I got quite a few done. But I never really drew Shantae seriously yet. So now I did. Still annoyed at how I draw chicks, and I gotta work on digital painting more. But we move.

Gonna draw more dumb stuff this week.

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
Why I've practically stopped watching YouTube gaming channels.

Honestly I just want some quality of life improvements or stuff like a three stage morph type thing.

I'm a friend!

Its cool man. I'll be doing my usual posting on the Discord chat and might join the Smashboards server as well if some of us is on it.
MilkCalf MilkCalf has went missing on here as well but I'm sure she's doing all with just the Discord.
:nifty:
Not that into forums anymore so except me to just mostly be on discord and once in a while say something random somewhere.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The latest Rick and Morty episode really makes me think the theory of our Morty becoming evil Morty or something similar could actually happen

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Online Smash is fun. I've lost a lot but I'm learning a lot from those battles too.

Eight more challenge board challenges left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom