• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Nintendo should make something akin to the Game Boy Player for the Switch. A special dock that makes it backwards compatible with NES and Game Boy through GameCube and GBA, maybe even DS or 3DS games. Wii and Wii U would be great too, but present their own unique complications.

Shroob

Sup?
Nintendo should make something akin to the Game Boy Player for the Switch. A special dock that makes it backwards compatible with NES and Game Boy through GameCube and GBA, maybe even DS or 3DS games. Wii and Wii U would be great too, but present their own unique complications.
That'd be amazing, but where would it hook onto? Only thing I could think of is via USB, and that'd make it docked only, right?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That'd be amazing, but where would it hook onto? Only thing I could think of is via USB, and that'd make it docked only, right?
The thing would be a dock in and of itself. You could give the Switch a disc drive/cartridge to clip on to the back and connect through the video in for portable mode, but that would likely require lots of software emulation, which presents its own set of difficulties not found by just putting all the necessary chips in a box. And besides, most people wouldn’t be taking their NES-Wii U library on the go anyway.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
"Hey Tonberry, there's these weird people on the internet, and they say they wanna cancel me!"

Only boomers will get it.
Cactuar and Tonberry was some good ****.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Hudson needs some smash love. They were one of the original NES Licencies, they were the original developers of Mario Party, and thanks to their acquisition by Konami they get an assist trophy and nothing else. Throw in Bonk or something and some Mario Party content.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
I know this sounds really stupid, but wasn't Pokémon Go meant to be a title that actually came to Switch? I mean, it's a dumb idea I know, but what with Nintendo beginning to delve into the mobile market with stuff like that (Yes I know i's technically Niantic), Mario Run, Dragalia Lost, Fire Emblem Heroes, Mario Kart Tour, Raid Shadow Legends (okay not the last one) I'm kinda surprised they haven't looked at the Switch, without Joy-Cons and thought, 'big phone.' Like, it has touchscreen, but it's criminally underused in my opinion, which is where I think one of the problems with the Switch is - the amount of really cool features it has that just don't get used because it needs to be a hybrid console. Just a thought - maybe they could even add controller functionality for mobile games on Switch?

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Hudson needs some smash love. They were one of the original NES Licencies, they were the original developers of Mario Party, and thanks to their acquisition by Konami they get an assist trophy and nothing else. Throw in Bonk or something and some Mario Party content.
Also, this is a stupid idea, but I personally think Acclaim needs love - due to the surprising importance of it as a Nintendo Licensee. It was the first major US Third-Party Licensee - as companies like Electronic Arts, Atari, and Activision weren't willing. Although the original Acclaim may not exist anymore, their IPs still exist. As for who to choose as a rep - I'm thinking either Scorpion from Mortal Kombat (albeit toned down, ala Injustice) or, more likely in my opinion, Billy/Jimmy Lee, from Double Dragon (as Acclaim published the second and third instalments, and the second was deemed by Nintendo important enough to garner a place on the NES Classic Mini.) That's just my take, though.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Just read up on the Intellivision Amico..... really? $250 bucks for a weird experiment that will likely have 0 third party support thanks to a weird controller? Why. Your basically making the Wii again only without Nintendo’s star power to get people on board. Maybe I’ll get one.... after the inevitable hefty price drop.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Just read up on the Intellivision Amico..... really? $250 bucks for a weird experiment that will likely have 0 third party support thanks to a weird controller? Why. Your basically making the Wii again only without Nintendo’s star power to get people on board. Maybe I’ll get one.... after the inevitable hefty price drop.
Let's play GTAV on an MP3 player

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Also, this is a stupid idea, but I personally think Acclaim needs love - due to the surprising importance of it as a Nintendo Licensee. It was the first major US Third-Party Licensee - as companies like Electronic Arts, Atari, and Activision weren't willing. Although the original Acclaim may not exist anymore, their IPs still exist. As for who to choose as a rep - I'm thinking either Scorpion from Mortal Kombat (albeit toned down, ala Injustice) or, more likely in my opinion, Billy/Jimmy Lee, from Double Dragon (as Acclaim published the second and third instalments, and the second was deemed by Nintendo important enough to garner a place on the NES Classic Mini.) That's just my take, though.
Maybe. But Acclaim never actually owned those IPs. They just published them in America. As far as I can tell, Acclaim only ever published Japanese made titles owned by other companies, and made their own titles based off of licensed franchises, which I have been repeatedly told can’t join over the past few hours. So.... Acclaim really doesn’t have anything to contribute.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
And eventually Sakurai gave into the fan demand and in order to make Ridley work he had to give him his own design for Smash taking traits from various games Ridley appeared in.

To say the least, it was worth it because Smash Ridley looks like a total beast.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Hey, I got an question for y'all. Is there an character that you like but don't want in smash for a given reason?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hey, I got an question for y'all. Is there an character that you like but don't want in smash for a given reason?
contrary to popular belief, I like Doom Slayer. But... let’s just say I vastly prefer him to be in Mortal Kombat over Smash. It just... fits him better.

Yeets self out of here after dropping unpopular opinion

Edit: also Monokuma. He’s better off as a PreMiium Brawler imo

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I don't think Smash should have a playable GTA protagonist, and think the series would better be repped with a stage/music/spirits.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
7 was a dumb game because of its really bizzare roster choices lol

8 too had really bizzare roster choices, they went with the Koopalings, pink gold Peach and cool crossover characters when they could have added characters like Egadd or any of the Mario RPG characters like Bow and Peasley.

Why has Egadd never been added to any of these games? lol
E.Gadd is an old and broken down man...his everything can’t handle the abusive life of a Mario spinoff title (unless it’s Luigi’s Mansion...and even then he can’t handle it)
8's Roster vs Wii's Roster is an interesting debate.

8's Roster is big, but at the end of the day, a lot of the characters are alts of one another, or incredibly close in body shape(See, Koopalings). I don't dislike the Koopalings at all, but it's understandable how seeing all 7 of them + Bowser Jr. could make a roster seem a bit bloated. That, and it cut a LOT of long time characters like Birdo, Diddy, etc.

Likewise, MKwii's Roster is a lot smaller but, there really isn't any 'filler' characters besides baby Peach and Dasiy, arguably Dry Bowser as well. The roster feels a lot more encompassing of the Mario series as a whole, imo at least.
MK8D has a better roster due to having Inkling...woomy...that is literally the only legit reason 8 needs to have a better roster than MKWii...also **** Diddy
And eventually Sakurai gave into the fan demand and in order to make Ridley work he had to give him his own design for Smash taking traits from various games Ridley appeared in.

To say the least, it was worth it because Smash Ridley looks like a total beast.
Ridley ended up becoming the most realistic character in the entire franchise...and there’s Snake, who used to have that honor

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
7 was a dumb game because of its really bizzare roster choices lol

8 too had really bizzare roster choices, they went with the Koopalings, pink gold Peach and cool crossover characters when they could have added characters like Egadd or any of the Mario RPG characters like Bow and Peasley.

Why has Egadd never been added to any of these games? lol
*Sad Kirby noises*
I wished my pink boyo was in Mario Kart....

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Have any of y'all seen MK11's latest Friendship trailer?

This right here is heavily enticing me to buy the game at some point because these are fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtAIcqZgELc
I was hoping a thumbs up and awkward smile ala Terminator 2 would be incorporated into his friendship.

Cassie's seems to be disappointing though, I hope there's more to it than what we saw in the trailer.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I can think of plenty. Mostly first party Nintendo characters who are either side characters in their own series or from c-list series in and of themselves. And I don’t want them to come to ultimate because I want each of these last 6 to be big in one way or another.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just found out that Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time trailer I posted yesterday is a month old.

The game's Twitter account failed to tell us about this why....?

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Seeing characters like Skarlet, who weren't around in the trilogy era, have friendships for the first time is interesting. I also like that trilogy era characters don't rely on their old friendships, and the ones that do pull from said friendships still add something new.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
I just woke up from a nightmare and I need to talk about it!

It started with an interview from Miyamoto, and when asked about Mario Kart 9 he said he was "disheartened" with the way the franchise was going. He said he had two visions for what he wanted the game to be, but the company wanted something else.

The game was later revealed as "Mario Kart: Island Tour" and was a watered down nightmare of a Mario Kart game, with track design that was 90% gliding and underwater, and the game filled with gimmicks designed to make the experience as brain-dead as possible, sucking out everything enjoyable about the series.

I remember there was a cinematic trailer showing the Mario Kart cast going on a trip to island, and the characters had beach outfits on. Inkling was there too, and had a different appearance as well.

So that's about all I'll say for now, I'm struggling to remember details. Reading this now, it looks like it could pass off as a fake leak actually! So what do you guys think of all this?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I just woke up from a nightmare and I need to talk about it!

It started with an interview from Miyamoto, and when asked about Mario Kart 9 he said he was "disheartened" with the way the franchise was going. He said he had two visions for what he wanted the game to be, but the company wanted something else.

The game was later revealed as "Mario Kart: Island Tour" and was a watered down nightmare of a Mario Kart game, with track design that was 90% gliding and underwater, and the game filled with gimmicks designed to make the experience as brain-dead as possible, sucking out everything enjoyable about the series.

I remember there was a cinematic trailer showing the Mario Kart cast going on a trip to island, and the characters had beach outfits on. Inkling was there too, and had a different appearance as well.

So that's about all I'll say for now, I'm struggling to remember details. Reading this now, it looks like it could pass off as a fake leak actually! So what do you guys think of all this?
Sounds like Wii U era Nintendo. Not Switch era Nintendo.

#MiyamotoHatesDepthInGames.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

I say what to your comment sue to my fear of understandment towards anything Miyamoto outside of memes and Mario

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

God, I miss pre new super Mario bros Wii era Mario. There's was always something creative and new around the corner and we were introduced to some of the more memorable Mario characters and plots.

And now both Mario and Sonic seem to suffer from the same idea of "Just the marketable mascots" with no variety inbetween.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I call it.

skarlet_bold_and_brash.png

Blood and brash.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I also like that trilogy era characters don't rely on their old friendships, and the ones that do pull from said friendships still add something new.
I like how friendships are less interchangeable, such as the ninjas having unique friendships based on their abilities instead of "Buy a (Ninja) doll!"

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
God, I miss pre new super Mario bros Wii era Mario. There's was always something creative and new around the corner and we were introduced to some of the more memorable Mario characters and plots.

And now both Mario and Sonic seem to suffer from the same idea of "Just the marketable mascots" with no variety inbetween.
but...but 3D Land/World and Odyssey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom