• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Same could be said for Captain Syrup. Chick showed up in a few of Wario's games, but just got dropped into the ether. Her redesign was cool too.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Korra hate is back to being strong...boo them haters
Korra is very hit or miss if I'm to be honest. There are things I do enjoy about it, but I won't deny that it didn't capture the charm and longevity of its predecessor as the characters aren't as memorable and the storylines aren't as interesting. In particular with the latter, it feels disjointed as it's four mostly separate arcs rather then the overarching story that the original had, and it forced development to be rushed as you had to wrap up major plotlines in a short amount of time.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Korra definitely wasn’t garbage. It had pretty solid villains, the characters weren’t too bad either, it just didn’t relocate the hype of the original but it was still a pretty good product imo

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Be honest: does anyone remember that this happened?
1589865247445.png
don't lie and say yes. I own this game and I forgot it existed.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Be honest: does anyone remember that this happened?
don't lie and say yes. I own this game and I forgot it existed.
No, I remember it existed.

One thing I did forget about until I saw it brought up today was the 3DS version of Kirby's Epic Yarn.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I still haven't seen Korah yet, but it's on my watch list. Maybe I should check it out and see how I feel about it lol

Also, morning peeps. How goes it?

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You ever loved a manga so much, you decided to read it from start to finish in only 2 sessions? With the second one starting at noon, up until freakin' midnight? Even though you have work tommorrow?

That's Dorohedoro for you, annnnnnd i'm not going to do that again anytime soon lol. My eyes & brain were falling toward the end (which wouldn't be out of place for this manga), but it was worth it I say, freakin' love it. Kaiman's best boy & Nikaido's best girl, the perfect ship.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I liked the Legend of Korra. The second season was rough between the boring villain, weirdly-handled love triangle, and the over-use of whatever the villainous version of "Deus Ex Machina" is, but the third and fourth seasons more than make up for it. The series didn't have as much of an overarching story as Avatar, though I get why - they didn't know if they'd get renewed, so the endings of the first two seasons had to be treated as a finale. (and the fourth season was pretty much entirely released online, from what I recall)

Plus, we got a solid licensed game out of it. I know that people don't like Platinum's licensed games, but I thought it and Transformers Devastation were pretty good action games.

I don't know if it was as good as Avatar (it's been about five or six years since I watched Avatar - I got a Gamecube game for it, so I might rewatch the first season before playing that), but it's still a solid sequel.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
You ever loved a manga so much, you decided to read it from start to finish in only 2 sessions? With the second one starting at noon, up until freakin' midnight? Even though you have work tommorrow?

That's Dorohedoro for you, annnnnnd i'm not going to do that again anytime soon lol. My eyes & brain were falling toward the end (which wouldn't be out of place for this manga), but it was worth it I say, freakin' love it. Kaiman's best boy & Nikaido's best girl, the perfect ship.
What a coincidence. I just finished it a couple of minutes ago.

It was a wild ride from start to finish, I loved pretty much every chapter. Kaiman and Nikaido were great but most side characters were almost as good.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
just saying...Nickelodeon ****ed up by not having an hour of TMNT and Korra together for their Saturday...but they did kinda fix things in 2014 for Korra Book 4 and TMNT 2012 season 3
Big Compliment. If you're gonna do something different, do something different. I can at least respect Korra for trying to be new.

Same reason why I like Gohan, but I'm not a huge fan of Goten. Gohan's his own character, and Goten is just Boneless Goku. Though Goten has potential to be interesting.
Goten is more than likely set to become strictly a ladies man who ends up losing the girl due to unfortunate events (based only on the end of DBZ)
I feel like the final episode is going to really drop something big or important in it that will reshape our views on the season or story as a whole.
I ended up predicting that the amazing life Morty lived only to lose will end up becoming apart of the the origin story of Evil Morty, as throughout the episode he constantly got cocky...and that’s never meant to be a good thing...maybe he even kills Rick to solidify himself as the one true Morty
Korra is very hit or miss if I'm to be honest. There are things I do enjoy about it, but I won't deny that it didn't capture the charm and longevity of its predecessor as the characters aren't as memorable and the storylines aren't as interesting. In particular with the latter, it feels disjointed as it's four mostly separate arcs rather then the overarching story that the original had, and it forced development to be rushed as you had to wrap up major plotlines in a short amount of time.
I liked each season being different from one another, with Book 3-4 being connected to one another a lot more thanks to the weak link known as Book 2
Korra definitely wasn’t garbage. It had pretty solid villains, the characters weren’t too bad either, it just didn’t relocate the hype of the original but it was still a pretty good product imo
if anything they made their own hype to separate from Aang‘s adventure hype
My biggest issues with Korra are the retconning they did to established series canon and the fact that Korra herself is extremely unlikable
I wouldn’t say she’s extremely unlikable, but she did have her moments
I liked the Legend of Korra. The second season was rough between the boring villain, weirdly-handled love triangle, and the over-use of whatever the villainous version of "Deus Ex Machina" is, but the third and fourth seasons more than make up for it. The series didn't have as much of an overarching story as Avatar, though I get why - they didn't know if they'd get renewed, so the endings of the first two seasons had to be treated as a finale. (and the fourth season was pretty much entirely released online, from what I recall)

Plus, we got a solid licensed game out of it. I know that people don't like Platinum's licensed games, but I thought it and Transformers Devastation were pretty good action games.

I don't know if it was as good as Avatar (it's been about five or six years since I watched Avatar - I got a Gamecube game for it, so I might rewatch the first season before playing that), but it's still a solid sequel.
the game was quite fun to play, especially when you have all the elements...tho it was also one of those Nick games that’s meant to bridge inbetween seasons only for it to mean nothing in the end
Anybody else got really, really sad when the Rosalina trailer dropped and we thought, just for a moment... Kirby Air Ride II?
nope...cause I didn’t play Air Ride...but a I did feel bad for Daisy

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
What a coincidence. I just finished it a couple of minutes ago.

It was a wild ride from start to finish, I loved pretty much every chapter. Kaiman and Nikaido were great but most side characters were almost as good.
You got it pal. Think I loved almost everyone in the main cast, beside maybe 1 or 2 characters that are intented to be actual big asshole without redeeming quality (and even then, they were still interesting and/or funny). "Heroes" or "vilains", it's just fun being around those quirky & loveable weirdos, and the black humor land juuuust right with me, as it doesn't detract from the the truly heartwarming or tearjerking moment that you wouldn't expect a manga like to have. Plus when it get serious, it can get really dark, buuut it still allow itself to have some fun here and there to make the reader take a breather between all the nighmarish stuff that happen, especially toward the end.

Also, Shin & Noi are almost as good as Kaiman & Nikaido imo, like man, those two can go to really cute together to really scary when dealing with their target. That and I love their designs.

Brief, truly a bizarre manga, but one that just work, and yes, that's a Jojo reference for ya. :yeahboi: Also, I need to seen the anime one day in full, not just clips.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I woke up and found this loaded into the post bay on my phone.

Tetris RPG.

I don’t remember what context I had thought of that under. But I will float this question.... how would it work?

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Watching this video, especially the beginning parts, just makes me angry. Anyone else?
Agreed. It actually kinda annoys me to this day that video games are 'a blight on society'. One of the games in the lawsuit was explicitly a police simulator, and they argued it advocated crime. The vast majority of the studies about Mortal Kombat of the time were anecdotal at best, and downright biased at worst. Even now, there was that case where people suggested a school shooting was caused by someone playing Madden, and then there's the recent Twitch controversy about voice chat. The things that get to me more than any other?
1. The fact that there always has been infighting in the industry, be it the bitter rivalry between Sega and Nintendo, the divide between fans of series and such, or the divide between demographics.
2. The fact that the media will always report on sensational headlines to profit, but find it extremely easy to villainise gaming, and thus do - for the sake of a quick buck.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I don’t think it’s unreasonable for that I and many others had high expectations for Korra, ATLA is my favorite series of all time as has had a huge influence on me as well as my own projects. I wanted to like it, even after the terrible first impression the series gave me in its first season, I tried to give it another shot. There are some good moments, but it feels like every time I watch it, I find something new to dislike. Even without the ties to the original, even if it’s meant to be different, I don’t think it holds up.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
The third season of Korra is the only thing of value tbh. Zaheer was a good villain and his plan and idealogy were far more interesting and in line with the previous series than a one note racism allegory that pissed itself by the end, a buildup to a snooze fest Kaiju battle or the out of left field giant mecha.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
1. always choose TMNT 2012 and TMNT IDW over the rest
2. Korra is technically the first real LGBTQ character Nickelodeon has ever had
3. Loud House and Casagrandes...yay
4. this...
The third season of Korra is the only thing of value tbh. Zaheer was a good villain and his plan and idealogy were far more interesting and in line with the previous series than a one note racism allegory that pissed itself by the end, a buildup to a snooze fest Kaiju battle or the out of left field giant mecha.
2/3 of those final Book fights were awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom