• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
It's been awhile since I've been so moved to tears. Spoilers for Campaign 1 of Critical Role.

During the Dalen's Closet one shot, the wedding of Percy and Vex, after a pair of beautifully written in-character vows, Scanlan uses his last ever ability to cast Wish, the mightiest spell a mortal can cast in D&D, to ask for Vax, Vex's now-deceased brother and Liam's original character, to say a few words at his sister's wedding.

After having been taken by the Raven Queen, the mistress of death, at the end of the campaign, Vox Machina have a very shaky relationship with her, missing their beloved rogue so much - and seeing her allowing her champion one final walk on the mortal plane to give his blessings not only to his twin sister and her groom, but to his own love and his friends - just, **** man. I've spent over 300 hours listening to these guys, and that was the part that brought me to tears.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This comment confuses me as it implies Electric Soldier Porygon and any cameos it has afterwards, like the World of Pokemon introduction, doesn't exist.
I don’t really remember it in any episode tbh, but I could’ve sworn it at least appeared alongside others during the intro of one of the movies; I think the one about Latios and Latias.
Sorry, I meant after Electric solider it never appeared.

Im not sure about any movie openings but I don’t remember all of them so I could be wrong there.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Y’know it kinda sucks; Porygon feels like the kinda Pokémon that would have some special stuff tied to it, kinda like Rotom and a few others, since it can travel in and out of the virtual world and is kinda rare to come by like others (I guess unless you keep going for them on one of the mysterious islands in ORAS), but no, most of the time it’s like it doesn’t even exist even in the games, though I guess some other Pokémon are like that too...

It also sucks that it only evolves by trading. [insert lonely music]

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Ah yes, Italy's national animal:
mgj1xku3rhp41.jpg

"You stupid cabbage-headed nitwits. Everybody knows pizzas can swim or climb. That’s what will start popping out of holes in trees in New York."

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
So I downloaded Arms but couldn't play it because it needs an online subscription...
giphy (2).gif

NineS

Smash Lord
I return on a day of worship. A day of NieR Replicant. My vitality restored!
I wonder if I'll actually stick around this time, sheesh. I really don't know how to keep my word.

... I'm missing out. I forgot to renew my Nintendo Online Membership a while back, so I can't play ARMS. I spent tons of money on P5R and FFVIIR, so I missed out on Animal Crossing too. It's been so long...

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
I should mention, apparently the free online trial is enough to play Arms. I was sure it said 'paid membership' but okay.

I wonder how many Byleth mains there are. I see basically no one. Not even the Byleth page here has any real interest.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
>you can use amiibo to get villagers

aw man, if only bob villager cards didn't cost like 15 dollars

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
EPIC GAME THEORY TIME :
The spirit symbol in smash is supposed to represent a magatama.

"Magical properties are attributed to this object. It would also harbour the souls of great warriors who died in battle."
Which perfectly relates to the plot of the "World of light" solo campaign !

(Could also be just the general shape people like to give to represent souls but yeah whatever).

Edit : Ah, images seem to be broken.
Well, you can always google it, they look really similar.

Last edited:

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
Nintendo made sure that was specified
Well yeah probably but I'm not used to 'free' meaning 'included with another purchase. Eitherway I just started a trial so I can play it anyway.

Anyone know if my onlime trial will be cancelled if I turn off automatic renewal (means it will charge after that)?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Sprucing up my island with flowers.

That 1 Star rating is totally wack, but what's even more wack is spending 3,000 on a fountain recipe before they go "Oops! You need the 800 NP recipe in order to finish this!" like why dude, why?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well yeah probably but I'm not used to 'free' meaning 'included with another purchase. Eitherway I just started a trial so I can play it anyway.

Anyone know if my onlime trial will be cancelled if I turn off automatic renewal (means it will charge after that)?
It likely will, but won’t matter much in the end since it’s not a long trial

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

It shouldn't, automatic renewal means it'll take the cash from your card or paypal to lengthen the subscription automatically, I did it on Netflix like 5 minutes after making my account and I still had my month long trial

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I should mention, apparently the free online trial is enough to play Arms. I was sure it said 'paid membership' but okay.

I wonder how many Byleth mains there are. I see basically no one. Not even the Byleth page here has any real interest.
Byleth is one of my most played characters but I still think I'd say Shulk is my "main". The inactivity of their thread isn't too surprising since most people seemed to have come to the conclusion that they're trash, and being the 8th Fire Emblem character in Smash certainly didn't help their case much, either.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So I did an entire reset of my island like a week ago since after seeing how calculated other people have designed their islands, I decided "**** it" and started anew. I did do time travel, but backwards. I started on the 15th, and I think after I got the Town Hall on the 22nd I just synchronized the clock back because I didn't have anything else to speedrun honestly.

Now when I tried to scan in stuff the Online Service, it shows me the old island info instead. :drflip: Wonder if this is permanent.

D

Deleted member

So I did an entire reset of my island like a week ago since after seeing how calculated other people have designed their islands, I decided "**** it" and started anew. I did do time travel, but backwards. I started on the 15th, and I think after I got the Town Hall on the 22nd I just synchronized the clock back because I didn't have anything else to speedrun honestly.

Now when I tried to scan in stuff the Online Service, it shows me the old island info instead. :drflip: Wonder if this is permanent.
Yeah, it should be if I recall correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom