• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Don't know what's more annoying the dwelling of everything going on right now or the anxiety that's making me constantly go pee every few hours...-_-

I really gotta work on this knowing this is going to be a while without going insane.

Last edited:

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
I was watching random Alpharad videos and saw a Lucas standing in the midle of a stsge spamming PK fire and PK freeze utterly destroying him. And that's when I thought to myself "yeah that's the sort of person who doesn't deserve rights".

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Speaking of The Owl House, how many of you here have watched it? And how many of you are caught up to the mid-season finale?

It's pretty great and spooky, imo.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of The Owl House, how many of you here have watched it? And how many of you are caught up to the mid-season finale?

The show still needs to arrive to Spain.

Really hyped for It doh since I love the concept and the artstyle It has.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

I still gotta try it out...and finish up watching Amphibia

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Where tf Amphibia, paisano?
That’s also a pretty great show. Really strong season finale.

It’s been pretty great so far. Lots of neat lore and it’s been pretty funny. Definitely has that Gravity falls style.

my favorite Line out of context for this season is:

“men don’t take responsibility”

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Shipping’s not my thing, I’ll be honest. If a relationship should happen, I’d make the assumption that the writer(s) would just... Make it happen? So in the end, it makes shipping seem futile to me. Not to mention that, at least, from my perspective, a very strong majority of the ships I see are really outlandish and make no logical sense from a story-telling standpoint.

Basically, for me this line says it all. It's all in good fun. I do not really care if to many the ships I have created or the ones I follow doesn't make sense, as long as I enjoy them, others can think whatever of them. That is why I have kept on going with the one I created of Ridley and Rosa ever since 2013 to this day because I just enjoy the character, and I like to develop what I would see their relationship being like.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

I'm still waiting for it to be put on Disney+.

Thankfully I haven't had too hard of a time avoiding spoilers, since I don't hang out in cartoon fandom circles as much as I do with games. I'm really looking forward to it.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
So I got arms yesterday. It’s super fun, even though I’m super bad lol.
I’m excited to see who they chose for smash. Still hoping for spring man so we get more at upgrades but i’m good with whoever it is.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So I got arms yesterday. It’s super fun, even though I’m super bad lol.
I’m excited to see who they chose for smash. Still hoping for spring man so we get more at upgrades but i’m good with whoever it is.
Whoever it is, it’s gonna turn speculation on it’s head. It already has, really.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Feeling a lot better now. Its still unfortunate things might be like this though until September. We're in for a long run...

AndreaAC

Hm, I was thinking...just an idea maybe to apply in the future. Like with the design I made of Silver and Irish, if I ever found a way to open one of those stores to put on shirts and stuff, would anyone want one? Because I have been suggested doing something like that. And, as I have seen many play Animal Crossing...if I sketched and colored your characters/villagers, would anyone be interested? I have been thinking a lot of things lately and I wish I could work some more on stuff.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Hm, I was thinking...just an idea maybe to apply in the future. Like with the design I made of Silver and Irish, if I ever found a way to open one of those stores to put on shirts and stuff, would anyone want one? Because I have been suggested doing something like that. And, as I have seen many play Animal Crossing...if I sketched and colored your characters/villagers, would anyone be interested? I have been thinking a lot of things lately and I wish I could work some more on stuff.
Honestly, if I had the money to commission you to draw one of my characters, I would totally do that. Not sure I'd get it on a shirt as I usually just go to the store for stuff like that, but I would pay for your art, yes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’m gonna be 100% honest with you right now and say I wouldn’t buy one, and that’s not because of the art, it’s just that I generally don’t really get a lot of fandom clothes and stuff.

Now, do I think other people would enjoy it? Absolutely. If it’s something your serious about, you should be all means go for it. If I did buy fandom merch and such I’d buy that right away, no doubt.

D

Deleted member

I would buy stuff from you and even pay for commissions.

The problem for me would be to learn how to pay for this kind of stuff online without ending Up looking as too much of a fool.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
This is something that suddenly came to me.

What if rather then streaming at home that instead cinema releases their movies at drive-in theaters? That way none of those delays weren't needed and they could still release them on their release dates. It'd also be a good way of social distancing, getting out of the house as well as still going to the theaters just outside and inside your vehicle.

They could have even done an similar thing for other events like E3 and such. What do you guys think?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
This is something that suddenly came to me.

What if rather then streaming at home that instead cinema releases their movies at drive-in theaters? That way none of those delays weren't needed and they could still release them on their release dates. It'd also be a good way of social distancing, getting out of the house as well as still going to the theaters just outside and inside your vehicle.

They could have even done an similar thing for other events like E3 and such. What do you guys think?
We don’t live in the fifties anymore. How many drive in theaters do you think even exist out there nowadays?

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
We don’t live in the fifties anymore. How many drive in theaters do you think even exist out there nowadays?
Based on my experiences seeing them advertised or friends talking about them, surprisingly more than I thought.

Still nowhere near as significant as what they use to be though.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Yeah.

It’s 2013.

I absolutely would.

How much do you charge for commissions??

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Does anyone think given after things blow over this will make drive-in theaters perhaps more popular along with movie streaming because one thing I do feel is this will change theaters as it is.

D

Deleted member

I should charge for my art, animations, and voice over starting tommorow.

I’ll get so rich once people realize all I do is make stupid sans memes.

AndreaAC

Honestly, if I had the money to commission you to draw one of my characters, I would totally do that. Not sure I'd get it on a shirt as I usually just go to the store for stuff like that, but I would pay for your art, yes.
Glad to know! XD Ah, don't worry about the whole merch thing, the main deal is to do the illustrations, the merch thing would be secondary or I might not do it at all, maybe make prints instead, like posters or something.
I’m gonna be 100% honest with you right now and say I wouldn’t buy one, and that’s not because of the art, it’s just that I generally don’t really get a lot of fandom clothes and stuff.

Now, do I think other people would enjoy it? Absolutely. If it’s something your serious about, you should be all means go for it. If I did buy fandom merch and such I’d buy that right away, no doubt.
xD Totally understandable. It was an idea I got suggested before, but like I told your brother, the main thing would be making the illustrations themselves more than putting them in merch.

I absolutely would.

undefined
:3 I will send you a PM for that. Thank you for asking, Noi.

I would buy stuff from you and even pay for commissions.

The problem for me would be to learn how to pay for this kind of stuff online without ending Up looking as too much of a fool.
DANG IT. I saw this first and out my distraction I forgot to reply. :3 Gracias gracias. xD Y no te preocupes, para mi tampoco fue facil empezar a usar cosas como Paypal y eso.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Glad to know! XD Ah, don't worry about the whole merch thing, the main deal is to do the illustrations, the merch thing would be secondary or I might not do it at all, maybe make prints instead, like posters or something.

xD Totally understandable. It was an idea I got suggested before, but like I told your brother, the main thing would be making the illustrations themselves more than putting them in merch.

:3 I will send you a PM for that. Thank you for asking, Noi.
As far as illustrations go, if I needed anything and had the money, you’d be my go-to artist. They’d probably be too expensive for me either way, but that’s perfectly ok. Don’t undersell yourself! I wouldn’t want you to make me an aboslute masterpiece and I pay you back with 5 bucks. lol

AndreaAC

As far as illustrations go, if I needed anything and had the money, you’d be my go-to artist. They’d probably be too expensive for me either way, but that’s perfectly ok. Don’t undersell yourself! I wouldn’t want you to make me an aboslute masterpiece and I pay you back with 5 bucks. lol
XD Hahahaha, i's okay! That's why this sort of things are discussed prior to starting any sort of work, so we can settle in something reasonable. :> Thank you, though, I really appreciate it.

@JDCabrera XD Sorry por no responder a tu post! Se volo! :D Ya te respondi! :3 Y gracias.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom