• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Rampage is...watchable. Clearly not the best and it's just...teeny tiny gaps away from being the worst. But it's watchable.
Lizzie was definitely the highlight of the film for me. Just her design.

Looking forward to an potential sequel likely taking the World Tour route.

Cal the Squid, Ruby the Lobster or Marco the Shark - Ocean
Icky the Echidna - Australia
Kingston the Cobra - India
Boris the Rhino or Leon the Lion - Africa
Ramsey the Ram - Rocky Mountains
Rojo the Bull - Spain

That or they come up with new original monsters as Legendary had with Titans.

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I'm late on all this cause I don't really use smashboards anymore, but if you're reading this Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo I just want you to know that I always thought you were pretty cool when I was active here and that this really won't be worth it. I know I'm not the greatest at voicing support but know that I'm really worried for you right now.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hearing what's going on Professor Pumpkinboo.

Don't be hard on yourself please. Everyone including myself have gone through struggles in their lives. Think not just about us or your friends but your family to. Would you want to make them sad? They need you more then you need us.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Oh, yeah...that Birds of Prey movie comes out next week.

Anybody going to see it? I'm not entirely sold on the movie from what I've seen from the first trailer and a couple of clips, plus it's going to be difficult for it to impress me after watching Joker.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Anybody going to see it? I'm not entirely sold on the movie from what I've seen from the first trailer and a couple of clips, plus it's going to be difficult for it to impress me after watching Joker.
I’ll watch it, as I’ve been hearing the good things for this DCEU movie, but I’m still more excited for WW84

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Honestly, I didn't think I was gonna like Byleth at all, but I'm honestly in love with her now. I'm pretty happy that there's a female heavyweight option in Smash.
I'm not good with her yet, but I'm compelled to main her because she's the type of character I always wanted in Smash
Well technically Byleth is a mid-weight, they just play a little like a heavy because of their large and powerful attacks.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Alright fellow skinpuppets, try to rank every final smash in Ultimate from best to worse/worst to best in your opinion

either that or y’all can ignore this and watch then hear my crying skills be unleashed

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Alright fellow skinpuppets, try to rank every final smash in Ultimate from best to worse/worst to best in your opinion

either that or y’all can ignore this and watch then hear my crying skills be unleashed
Best: Joker
Worst: Everyone else

D

Deleted member

I can tell which card is never leaving your deck.
I can't even run it lol, I don't play red and all my red decks that could run it would actually lose consistency if I did(nevermind the fact it needs to die to make the token, which will only ever be a 1/1)

It's a nice foil thou, and Amass is in Black Blue Red, meaning you can bring it back and do shenanigans with the dying trigger. I don't have any Commanders in those colors thou

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

I'm going to watch it. I generally enjoy most comic book movies, or at least Marvel/DC ones. (I even thought that Batman v Superman was all right despite some flawed execution, though I preferred the extended version, and I legitimately enjoyed Justice League) Plus, I'm not familiar with most of the characters (not sure how comic-accurate they are, but it will work as an introduction), and the few actors that I'm familiar with (Margot Robbie, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Ewan McGregor) are pretty reliable.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i have no energy to do all of them so here's my top 5 best

#5: :ultmegaman:/:ulthero: (legacy bait is cool)
#4: :ultincineroar: (the animation is cool)
#3: :ultbowser: (death punch is cool)
#2: :ultjoker: (source material is 10/10)
#1: :ultfalcon: (the unbeatable classic that will never get old)

my top 5 worst are:

#5: :ultshulk: (they retconned the source material by throwing Fiora in there for fanservice and i will never not be salty about it)
#4: :ult_terry: (come on dude they just did buster wolf but now its a cinematic at least give me original stuff)
#3: :ultlink: (i'd take a third triforce slash over "eeeh i'll shoot a bow")
#2: :ultpit: (it's a cool final smash but goddamn you'd be lucky if you could ever hit it, the reticle is so hard to move)
#1: :ultjigglypuff: (you know why)

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Worst Final Smash? Zelda's because it's 100% stupid.

Best? Not sure. I do like Bowser's giant epic background-to-foreground punch, but idk.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

I just saw this on Twitter. It looks like a really good statue, and it warms my heart to see how Mega Man went from being almost ignored by Capcom a few years ago to getting things like this, along with Mega Man 11. (and hopefully X9 in the next year or two)

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I can't even run it lol, I don't play red and all my red decks that could run it would actually lose consistency if I did(nevermind the fact it needs to die to make the token, which will only ever be a 1/1)

It's a nice foil thou, and Amass is in Black Blue Red, meaning you can bring it back and do shenanigans with the dying trigger. I don't have any Commanders in those colors thou
Uh, yeah...sure...

I just saw this on Twitter. It looks like a really good statue, and it warms my heart to see how Mega Man went from being almost ignored by Capcom a few years ago to getting things like this, along with Mega Man 11. (and hopefully X9 in the next year or two)
:ultmario: head looks tiny.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
i have no energy to do all of them so here's my top 5 best

#5: :ultmegaman:/:ulthero: (legacy bait is cool)
#4: :ultincineroar: (the animation is cool)
#3: :ultbowser: (death punch is cool)
#2: :ultjoker: (source material is 10/10)
#1: :ultfalcon: (the unbeatable classic that will never get old)

my top 5 worst are:

#5: :ultshulk: (they retconned the source material by throwing Fiora in there for fanservice and i will never not be salty about it)
#4: :ult_terry: (come on dude they just did buster wolf but now its a cinematic at least give me original stuff)
#3: :ultlink: (i'd take a third triforce slash over "eeeh i'll shoot a bow")
#2: :ultpit: (it's a cool final smash but goddamn you'd be lucky if you could ever hit it, the reticle is so hard to move)
#1: :ultjigglypuff: (you know why)
I know it's a lot of work to model a bunch of characters for just one move, but Shulk's FS would've been so much cooler if it selected random members from the party each time.

That, or axe Riki and keep Fiora since she's the second most important character in the crew next to Shulk.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Anyone else think :ultdarkpit: should’ve gotten :ultpit:’s FS?
It's been a minute since I've last played Uprising but I don't recall Pitoo ever using the Three Sacred Treasures.

Edit: Misread, thought you meant his old one from Smash 4...

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Anyone else think :ultdarkpit: should’ve gotten :ultpit:’s FS?
I don't think I recall Dark Pit ever using the Lighting Chariot in the game. Did he at one point? Or if you're referring to the Three Sacred Treasures, I don't think he ever used those either.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
It's been a minute since I've last played Uprising but I don't recall Pitoo ever using the Three Sacred Treasures.
I meant the Lightning Chariot.

I don't think I recall Dark Pit ever using the Lighting Chariot in the game. Did he at one point? Or if you're referring to the Three Sacred Treasures, I don't think he ever used those either.
He used the Chariot in a few instances and his Palutena’s Guidance confirms that Dark Pit and the Chariot are under Viridi’s command.

D

Deleted member

Uh, yeah...sure...

:ultmario: head looks tiny.
So, basically, EDH(also known as Commander) is the main format I play.

You take a 100 card deck(trust me, it's not as bad as it sounds) and build a deck around a single creature with the "Legendary" subtype.(So, 99 card deck, 1 commander)
The catch is you can't just throw any old card in, it has to fit your commanders color identity, which is what colors it is. You also can only run 1 of any card(except cards that specifically are Basic Lands)

Now, Color Identity is NOT the color(s) of the card, rather it's the mana symbols listed on it. For example:
m20-226-golos-tireless-pilgrim.png

You would think this card's second effect is unusable, because it doesn't have any colors(meaning you have to run Wastes in place of the more common basic lands) but no, those colors are part of his Color Identity, so when you use him as your commander, you can quite literally run any card in the game. But you have to remember that you need to balance the color of the basic lands you have; if you're only running one color of lands in a 2-3 color deck, you won't be able to do anything. It adds a risk-reward system; Do I want to play a commander with all 5 colors, and risk the high chance of me bricking and not being able to do anything, or will I run less colors and remove a large amount of cards from my cardpool, in exchange for consistency?

Furthermore, any card that specifically states "This card can be your commander" can be used as one, bringing up on-demand Planeswalker shenanigans with the fact that Planeswalkers are basically enchantments that can be attacked and are super OP if you use them right.
cma-111-freyalise-llanowar-s-fury.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Dark Pit uses the Lightning Chariot in Chapter 23 to save Pit from Hades.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Dark Pit uses the Lightning Chariot in Chapter 23 to save Pit from Hades.
He used the Chariot in a few instances and his Palutena’s Guidance confirms that Dark Pit and the Chariot are under Viridi’s command.
Ohhhhh right. I completely forgot about that. In that case, yeah, I could see him using it. It's a pretty big moment in Kid Icarus: Uprising, and it's certainly more unique than what he has now.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So, basically, EDH(also known as Commander) is the main format I play.

You take a 100 card deck(trust me, it's not as bad as it sounds) and build a deck around a single creature with the "Legendary" subtype.(So, 99 card deck, 1 commander)
The catch is you can't just throw any old card in, it has to fit your commanders color identity, which is what colors it is. You also can only run 1 of any card(except cards that specifically are Basic Lands)

Now, Color Identity is NOT the color(s) of the card, rather it's the mana symbols listed on it. For example:
View attachment 260339
You would think this card's second effect is unusable, because it doesn't have any colors(meaning you have to run Wastes in place of the more common basic lands) but no, those colors are part of his Color Identity, so when you use him as your commander, you can quite literally run any card in the game. But you have to remember that you need to balance the color of the basic lands you have; if you're only running one color of lands in a 2-3 color deck, you won't be able to do anything. It adds a risk-reward system; Do I want to play a commander with all 5 colors, and risk the high chance of me bricking and not being able to do anything, or will I run less colors and remove a large amount of cards from my cardpool, in exchange for consistency?

Furthermore, any card that specifically states "This card can be your commander" can be used as one, bringing up on-demand Planeswalker shenanigans with the fact that Planeswalkers are basically enchantments that can be attacked and are super OP if you use them right.
View attachment 260340
1E0246B6-824F-42CE-95D8-9FFE388188D6.jpeg

That wasn’t what I meant.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
But yeah, I'll take ****ing anything over Dark Pit Staff and I thought Three Sacred Treasures was already perfectly fine for Pit's FS in Smash 4.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Ohhhhh right. I completely forgot about that. In that case, yeah, I could see him using it. It's a pretty big moment in Kid Icarus: Uprising, and it's certainly more unique than what he has now.
Maybe the Dark Pit Staff should’ve been changed to :ultdarkpit: neutral special. Make it like his Piercing Bow custom in 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom