• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

ive already been making plans since last night so it doesnt matter. you all just live your lives and dont worry abou me. whats done is done
Please, don’t make this a repeat of the last time this happened, with another user I won’t name.

I’ve been in a similar situation to you, it felt like the word was pushing on me at all sides, and I couldn’t do anything to stop it. But you know what I did? I pushed back, waded thru the mud, anything to help salvage my situation.

Don’t forget:
44A27CEC-6474-4BAE-B575-9575B0F460CE.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
ive already been making plans since last night so it doesnt matter. you all just live your lives and dont worry abou me. whats done is done
You know that's not happening. I'm not going to just go on with my day knowing that an acquaintance is on the verge of killing herself. I'm not even considering it. Talk to us. I know how impossible it feels, but suicide isn't the answer to it.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
As someone who has had constant suicidal thoughts for years, please, please don't do that. It may not seem like it, but there's hope. There's people who love you and want to see things get better for you. I don't know you very well, but I consider you a friend, and I know that you're such a sweet and caring person, and someone's life won't be the same without you. You are loved, and there's a future waiting for you. I'm not an expert on making people feel better, but please don't hurt yourself.
Suicide is never the answer.

Please, if you need to vent, or talk to someone, I'm here.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
I'm going to quote you again. Stop considering suicide. Suicide is no good for us at all, I'd be devastated if I learned you did it. So no, please don't. Just. Don't, please! It can't be actually happening, can it be?? At least help us please! Let me handle it a bit for you, let me help you too for our sake. I don't know what might have happened to you, but please don't do that again! I don't want to lose afriend!

I really like everyone despite how inactive I am lately, so, at least talk to your family too, and to us too!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
My realistic prediction.

Crash Bandicoot
Dante
Heihachi
Ring Fit Adventurer
Sora
Ryu Hayabusa

Travis Touchdown I recall had been deconfirmed. Gen 8 Pokemon has a Spirit Board, if IAmShifty is anything to go by Hayabusa will be in eventually, its suspicious that Heihachi's Mii costume didn't appear with Terry and given Capcom's popularity, history of crossovers and variety of IPs I suspect they'll get at least one more character. Crash for some reason I still feel I'm confident on and I suspect like how the first pass had one Fan Favorite (:ultbanjokazooie:) I think will have one too (Sora).

Thoughts?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Lady, it's hard for people to live their lives when their friend commits suicide. Rethink this attitude.

Literally everybody has fumbled around with jobs and have gotten rejected. If you don't know what went wrong with your interview, take a break from job hunting, reflect upon what you did wrong, and try again. There are many guides and tips on YouTube for interviews. Take some time to practice with someone. Or just take some time off if the stress is getting too much.

Literally anything is better than what you are planning right now. I know too many people who went through with suicide in one lifetime, and I'd rather you not be one of them.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Lady, it's hard for people to live their lives when their friend commits suicide. Rethink this attitude.

Literally everybody has fumbled around with jobs and have gotten rejected. If you don't know what went wrong with your interview, take a break from job hunting, reflect upon what you did wrong, and try again. There are many guides and tips on YouTube for interviews. Take some time to practice with someone. Or just take some time off if the stress is getting too much.

Literally anything is better than what you are planning right now. I know too many people who went through with suicide in one lifetime, and I'd rather you not be one of them.
Well-said.
Also, hi you're back?!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
My realistic prediction.

Crash Bandicoot
Dante
Heihachi
Ring Fit Adventurer
Geno
Ryu Hayabusa

Travis Touchdown I recall had been deconfirmed. Gen 8 Pokemon has a Spirit Board, if IAmShifty is anything to go by Hayabusa will be in eventually, its suspicious that Heihachi's Mii costume didn't appear with Terry and given Capcom I suspect they'll get at least one more character. Crash for some reason I still feel I'm confident on and I suspect like how the first pass had one Fan Favorite (:ultbanjokazooie:) I think will have one too (Geno).

Thoughts?
I think that if Gen 8 is off the table then Ayumi Tachibana is honestly the most likely pick considering how much Sakurai likes the series and how it’s remake is coming up soon.

I don’t think Travis is deconfirmed quite yet considering Suda51 was asked about that very early to the point that FP2 might not have been locked in yet at the time. and I am ever doubtful of another Capcom character. Partly just because I’d like to see Sakurai play with a different play set then going back to the familiar with capcom. But other then that, yeah. I agree with 2/3 of your predictions.

D

Deleted member

Nani!? You came back?

*ahem* back to the topic at hand, it would seem.

D

Deleted member

Well-said.
Also, hi you're back?!
There are clearly things of greater import than me leaving right now. Wouldn't forgive myself if I saw this conversation and I said nothing.

However, she's not viewing this thread right now, so there's nothing I can do but wait. I'll see y'all later.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
And made me groan and roll my eyes. To me, graphics should only improve with time. If you really wanna make a throwback to something, you should try to make the game they would have made back then if they had the current tech. And they weren’t doing pixel graphics back then because they wanted to. They did it because it was all they had.

Low poly polygonal graphics are an even worse offender. It just does not look good and never actually did. We just got by because it’s all we had.
well now I ain’t got anything to say, so...guess everything has been solved
ohno
Excuse me but you just called pixel graphics 'turds'.

Yeah, no way sis. I ain't standing for that when there are plenty of pixel graphic games that are absolutely stunning.

You can have your opinions, which is fine, but you should know by now that generalizing is no good.

Snake, I say this with all honesty but, you really need to understand that your opinion isn't word of god. People can like things you don't like and not be inferior or wrong about it. You're basically saying someone who likes Shovel Knight or Celeste as having inferior taste than you, which ain't cool one bit.
yeah
Someone really gonna look at something like Chrono Trigger, Link to the Past, and Mario World and say that's ugly? Someone gonna really think games like Sonic Mania and Shovel Knight look bad?

...'Aight then. I 100% disagree, but to each their own

Also, 64 Mario is best costume next to 8-bit Mario.
also dead Mario is cool...and wedding Mario...and near nude Mario
How the hell all of them are similar to Marth?

Chrom and Roy are show-offs, Ike is super stern, Lucina is very polite in Japanese and scoffs at everyone in English for some reason, and there's no sign of Marth's elegance in Corrin or Byleth. Hell, even two Robins aren't exactly alike, just look how they threat Lucina.
man...Fobin is a massive hole of ass compared to Mobin, and the Byleth have enough differences as it is facial wise. Too bad the Corrins are kinda similar to each other (tho Forrin is the important one obviousl)
So Ninty released their fiscal sales:
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is above 22m units sold
Smash is in second with a little over 17m units
Odyssey, BoTW, and SwSh are 3rd, 4th, and 5th respectively, all sitting in between 16m and 17m
Luigi's Mansion 3 and Mario Maker 2 is above 5m.
Link's Awakening is a little over 4m (kinda low tbh, but expected)
Three Houses is past 2.5m
Astral Chain and Marvel Ultimate Alliance are past 1m

Edit: Sorry, is this poor timing?
MUA3 with a million sold units...sweet

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo I may not know you personally, but I’ve seen you around these forums for...has it been a full year? Probably since I first came back here in later 2018, maybe I’ve even replied to some posts of yours or have been in the same discussions, and I also remember some nice art you made and stuff.

To get to the point: Though I may not personally know you, it wouldn’t sit right with me knowing a person around here took their own life, especially when they’re someone I at least know a bit about. Even if you feel times are extremely hard, that life is being more unfair than it should be, suicide is never the answer. Even if you fall a lot, you can get right back up and prove to the world that you’re a strong and capable individual, and that you won’t take crap from anyone. There’s no need to worry about failing, even countless times; life goes on, there’s still things to do, there’s still countless opportunities to take, there’s still people who love you, and there’s always another tomorrow. I’m sure something good will come up one day, just don’t give up.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
DMC3 going to reclaim its crown from DMCV
Going into these reveals, I figured that they'd be something minor, like unlocking content if you own DMC1 or 2 on the Switch. Now I'm wondering what the third reveal is going to be, since it's only a week before the game's release.

It also has me wondering if this is going to lead into Capcom re-releasing this version on other consoles for $20 and calling it "Devil May Cry 3: Definitive Edition". Both of these updates (style switching on the fly and being able to cycle between all of the weapons) seem like huge game-changers, and I could see Capcom using it as justification/an excuse to release the game again and get people to buy it or double/triple-dip.

D

Deleted member

Little pixel art gif I made for the lols, I dunno what I was going for here, but it exists now!
New Piskel (1).gif

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Imagine the alternate timeline where SEGA and Sony both started their own smash clone all-star fighters around the same time as Smash 64. And they all were of similar levels of quality and consistently stuck around (even after SEGA went third party).

I don’t know what kind of discussion this will generate. But I just can’t get the idea out of my head.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Imagine the alternate timeline where SEGA and Sony both started their own smash clone all-star fighters around the same time as Smash 64. And they all were of similar levels of quality and consistently stuck around (even after SEGA went third party).

I don’t know what kind of discussion this will generate. But I just can’t get the idea out of my head.
:ultsonic:, NiGHTS, Aiai I'd imagine would be among those in the first game with Tails as among the unlockable characters being the:ultluigi:of it.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

I'm not sure if Sony would have the line-up to make a Smash Bros.-like game in 1999 or 2000 unless they immediately included third party characters. (their main first party titles from back then seem to be Ape Escape, MediEvil, PaRappa the Rapper, Twisted Metal, and Tomba, though I'm not too familiar with Playstation's history and I'm not sure if Crash and Spyro were first party for their first few games)

Sega, on the other hand? Hoo boy. Sonic (maybe a few other Sonic characters like Tails and Knuckles), Alex Kidd, Virtua Fighter, Shinobi, Shenmue, Shining Force, Gunstar Heroes, Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, NiGHTS, Phantasy Star, that car from Fighters MegaMix... I'm probably just scratching the surface here, and that's just first party titles. Plus, they could have Perfect Chaos or Segata Sanshiro (who would, obviously, be too overpowered to be playable) as a final boss unless they wanted to make a new character.

EDIT: and that's just for the first game! Sequels could bring in Yakuza, Bayonetta, Persona 5 if they still buy Atlus...

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if Sony would have the line-up to make a Smash Bros.-like game in 1999 or 2000 unless they immediately included third party characters. (their main first party titles from back then seem to be Ape Escape, MediEvil, PaRappa the Rapper, Twisted Metal, and Tomba, though I'm not too familiar with Playstation's history and I'm not sure if Crash and Spyro were first party for their first few games)

Sega, on the other hand? Hoo boy. Sonic (maybe a few other Sonic characters like Tails and Knuckles), Alex Kidd, Virtua Fighter, Shinobi, Shenmue, Shining Force, Gunstar Heroes, Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, NiGHTS, Phantasy Star, that car from Fighters MegaMix... I'm probably just scratching the surface here, and that's just first party titles. Plus, they could have Perfect Chaos or Segata Sanshiro (who would, obviously, be too overpowered to be playable) as a final boss unless they wanted to make a new character.

EDIT: and that's just for the first game! Sequels could bring in Yakuza, Bayonetta, Persona 5 if they still buy Atlus...
I wonder if the SEGA fighting game would eventually result in a Nintendo Vs. SEGA game, kinda like with the Street Fighter x Tekken crossover? (And, like with that game, the fans of both Smash and of SEGA’s fighting game series would probably find it to be inferior and would forget about it pretty quickly...)

D

Deleted member

Funny timing with all that Sega talk. I recently dusted off my old Saturn to play some Daytona and Sega Rally and noticed how rusty I've gotten. I also bought Nights, haven't had a chance to play it yet though. Curious what all the fuzz about it is all about.

You mean the Hornet from Daytona USA? Also in addition to those, there's also Crazy Taxi, Ecco the Dolphin, Bonanza Bros., Burning Rangers, Virtua Cop, House of the Dead, Sakura Taisen, Ristar, Billy Hatcher, Comix Zone, Vectorman, Monkey Ball, Jet Set Radio, Skies of Arcadia and a whole lot of other franchises. If we're talking about modern Sega, there's also Yakuza and everything Atlus (most notably Megami Tensei and Persona).

Sega has such a rich history, yet you wouldn't really know just by looking at their modern output. A lot has just been left to rot, maybe occasionally getting a half-baked port. It's a shame. Sorry, I just tend to ramble a bit when it comes to Sega, The Saturn and Dreamcast might be my favorite console, even if the DC is a bit on the loud side.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Main do I feel like it’s harder for me to discuss my ideas for just a Sonic fighting game when everyone would rather see something like that with full on SEGA.
Well, a fully SEGA focused game brings more fandoms together like Smash does, and crossovers are the only hope fans of many old series have of seeing those characters in anything modern again... plus, I’d imagine some people are somewhat turned away from the idea of a Sonic focused game after Team Sonic Racing was basically a Sonic only sequel to the All-Stars Racing series but didn’t even do the Sonic focus properly (15 characters just isn’t enough, especially in a modern kart racing game. MK8DX has like 42 characters and CTR:NF has 50 characters right now with more to come.)

If there were to be a new Sonic only fighting game, I wonder how they could utilize the unique speed focus that Sonic characters in general have in order to make a very unique feeling game (and without just making everyone be super hit-and-run focused like Sonic in Smash is.) Like, I wonder how stuff like slope physics, half pipes, ect. could work in a platform fighting game? It’d be kind of casual focused then, but it’d be really interesting to experiment with.

D

Deleted member

Ok!

So I made a new friend today at my English class. Her name is Zita and she really wants to go with my friends and I to see movies together in the future.

So maybe I may not be alone when the Sonic movie releases after all (since my other friends are busy with other stuff that day)

Alright, before I go to bed, figure I share this fella.
View attachment 259891
Remember him? Yeah, still working on my potentially futur OC avi.

Hope you still like it, and hope you have all a good time here. :)

@Guh-Huzzah! @Taylor F ,@AndreaAC ,@Noipoi ,@Dyllybirdy ,@Tako Tuesday , Wademan94 Wademan94 ,@KarneraMythos & @JDCabrera
Oh, I don't know the context of this art, but I find the design really dope!

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
i said dont worry about me
That's impossible for us when you've made it concrete that you intend to kill yourself. We can't just suddenly not care about you.

Honestly, on top of what Bold said, I think that you would benefit from checking into a mental hospital if you're contemplating suicide. It would give you time to step away from your current situation, and there would be people there that you could talk to who could help and perhaps point towards the resources you need to get employed. It's a better option than what you're considering right now.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
honestly i think the best thing to do in this situation is just report the posts in question and let the mods do the rest

the support is appreciated, but doing it en masse like this is probably gonna overwhelm em

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom