• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
How the hell all of them are similar to Marth?

Chrom and Roy are show-offs, Ike is super stern, Lucina is very polite in Japanese and scoffs at everyone in English for some reason, and there's no sign of Marth's elegance in Corrin or Byleth. Hell, even two Robins aren't exactly alike, just look how they threat Lucina.
Remember. All I have to go off of is smash and some cursory life research. All I have to understand their characters are their animations and voice clips. I don’t have the context from the games the way you do. And with what I have to go off of... I don’t see what your talking about.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Roy has a personality

Himbo

Seriously there's like 7-8 girls who all want his Sword of Seals(iykwim) in his game, one being his Teacher who's probably a good 15-20 years older than him.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I could barely see personality in any Smash character unless they're meant to show off flair like :ultincineroar:
That’s not really how I see it but whatever. I see personality in a lot of characters from people like Mario, Kirby, Sonic, and Banjo to Samus, Snake, Joker, Terry, Ken, Ryu etc. How they talk, how they act, how they move, it all conveys their character. And remember, i’m not saying I see no personality at all in the FE characters. I’m saying I see the same one in all of them.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Roy has a personality

Himbo

Seriously there's like 7-8 girls who all want his Sword of Seals(iykwim) in his game, one being his Teacher who's probably a good 15-20 years older than him.
"oh roy i know you're only fifteen and have zero military experience and you were drafted into this war because your dad has the ****ing bubonic plague or something but god you make my emblem go on fire"

Shroob

Sup?
"oh roy i know you're only fifteen and have zero military experience and you were drafted into this war because your dad has the ****ing bubonic plague or something but god you make my emblem go on fire"
Roy's game is pretty much:

Tags: Shonen, Harem

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Why are we arguing about Smash characters and their personalities when even the cartoony punchy platformer dudes who don't have complicated characters rich with development can't get their personalities conveyed properly
because we need more reasons to hate fire emblem

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
There's no need for extremes. You can have your cake and eat it too.

Just because a game doesn't support 4k HD graphics with triquadbifivelinerar shading doesn't mean it's bad.

.....like, when did graphics ever make a game good?

Why can't games with old artstyles exist alongside the new? There's very clearly a market for them.
I agree that there's a place for both. Same as Cel-Shaded and Hyper realistic. If anything, I wish more titles went with the 16 bit look rather than the 8-bit stuff because there's a lot more to work with.

But anyone who doesn't think the Street Fighter 3 games look fantastic have no right to talk to me or anyone else with eyeballs.
ryu_and_the_hurricane_kick_by_thelonewolf218-d3jcpu9.gif

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I agree that there's a place for both. Same as Cel-Shaded and Hyper realistic. If anything, I wish more titles went with the 16 bit look rather than the 8-bit stuff because there's a lot more to work with.

But anyone who doesn't think the Street Fighter 3 games look fantastic have no right to talk to me or anyone else with eyeballs.
View attachment 260277
I would prefer it if it looked the way Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix does.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Third Strike has some of the best sprite work to ever grace a 2D fighting game period.

Like, the HD sprites in SSF2THD look fine and all, but I also think the art style lacks a lot of the charm from the original versions. It all looks a bit too clean, IMO.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Like, the HD sprites in SSF2THD look fine and all, but I also think the art style lacks a lot of the charm from the original versions. It all looks a bit too clean, IMO.
There are plenty of off-looking frames if you look closely. That's what you get when the people you got to do the sprites are more accustomed to comic panels rather than animation.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
even the best street fighter sprites got nothing on the glory that is KOF13's sprites

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs I think i give up. At this point ive very much rather die then apply to another job and fail again
I had to apply to 80 different jobs before I got the offer at the church I currently work out. Whether it was because an organization gave me an official rejection statement, or because they simply forgot about me. It took many months as well.

It takes a lot of patience and time. I'm not sure how many jobs you've applied to, what exactly you're looking for, and what your qualifications are, but you must have patience and fortitude to be able to find the job that you need.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Mario right up until Ultimate basically shared personalities with Kenshiro in the Smash series. I wouldn't exactly get too riled up about personality being properly conveyed.

D

Deleted member

being forgotton about just make me feel worse..
and yeah fortitude is not something I have at the moment. Im one day away from commiting seppuku and no, im not joking. All I did yesterday was sleep. My dad had to force me to eat. I think im done.
I don’t think(no, scratch that, I’m not the right person) but uh, I don’t think suicide is the way to go after you got rejected by one job.
I’m trying to be polite as possible here, but seriously, I think you need help. Not here of course.

https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/talk-to-someone-now/

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I don’t think(no, scratch that, I’m not the right person) but uh, I don’t think suicide is the way to go after you got rejected by one job.
I’m trying to be polite as possible here, but seriously, I think you need help. Not here of course.

https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/talk-to-someone-now/
ive been rejected from several. this is the only one that actually resulted in an interview and I still failed that. There really is no hope I feel

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
ive been rejected from several. this is the only one that actually resulted in an interview and I still failed that. There really is no hope I feel
I've been in the position you're in right now. Keep looking, I know how it feels like you're just throwing applications into a void with no response. It sucks. Something WILL surface eventually though.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I've lost my best friend to suicide nearly a year ago and it still haunts me to this day.

You hurt a lot more than yourself when someone does this.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I've been in the position you're in right now. Keep looking, I know how it feels like you're just throwing applications into a void with no response. It sucks. Something WILL surface eventually though.
yeah. i doubt it. thats all everyone has been saying to me for years "something will happen"
and i thought this was it..but it wasn't

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I've lost my best friend to suicide nearly a year ago and it still haunts me to this day.

You hurt a lot more than yourself when someone does this.
I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the emotional pain one must feel when you lose one close whether friend or family to suicide...:(

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So Ninty released their fiscal sales:
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is above 22m units sold
Smash is in second with a little over 17m units
Odyssey, BoTW, and SwSh are 3rd, 4th, and 5th respectively, all sitting in between 16m and 17m
Luigi's Mansion 3 and Mario Maker 2 is above 5m.
Link's Awakening is a little over 4m (kinda low tbh, but expected)
Three Houses is past 2.5m
Astral Chain and Marvel Ultimate Alliance are past 1m

Edit: Sorry, is this poor timing?

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
So Ninty released their fiscal sales:
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is above 22m units sold
Smash is in second with a little over 17m units
Odyssey, BoTW, and SwSh are 3rd, 4th, and 5th respectively, all sitting in between 16m and 17m
Luigi's Mansion 3 and Mario Maker 2 is above 5m.
Link's Awakening is a little over 4m (kinda low tbh, but expected)
Three Houses is past 2.5m
Astral Chain and Marvel Ultimate Alliance are past 1m
Well, I was wondering where did the haters go. I'm suddenly really glad for the sales, there won't be any more whining. Well... there might be some whining, but at least it will finally not be so significant enough that it ruins other peoples' consideration on whenever to buy the game or not.

Considering these sales, I'm almost certain they've already surpassed Black and White. Which is pretty impressive. Now, normally I wouldn't say this... since well, it IS the average after all, 16m or something for the Switch (normally it'd be 10m as other may point out), but considering that we'll have DLC, it is really, really unlikely we'll get an enhanced version of Swsh. Okay, maybe a complete edition that includes the expansion passes, but we ain't going to get an enhanced version most likely. Like... No Ultra Sword or Shield, you get what I mean?

What I actually mean by that is that if this keeps up, then, there's a chance that it might actually surpass Generation 2. I could say the same for generation 1, but we'll see how it sells in the next months, including summer and fall expansions. However, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe selling a lot actually surprises me a lot; for a racing game I imagined it'd be about some millions less... it really takes us back to Mario Kart Wii era, where that game actually sold 75m+ or so in the lifetime like a popular MMO game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom