• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

MainJPW

M.T.A
That looks better. Wtf? :yoshi:
That's what's so funny about it.
Also, regarding the tranquilizer scene, the dart could be CGi (if that’s not what it was already).
No, I mean we got this horrible sleep paralysis demon in the old trailer:

There's no way that scene could look any worse with the new look.

You know what? That scene should just be cut.

How are you gonna tell me he can statue missiles but can't react to a tranquilizer dart?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I just don't think Sonic really needed to be put in a live-action setting. There's really not much to benefit from that.

The benefit of Pokemon: Detective Pikachu being live-action was because anyone who has ever played a Pokemon game has said "man I wish Pokemon were real" and seeing that dream come to life on the big screen was not only a special treat but also a sort of dream fulfillment for a LOT of Pokemon fans. To be honest I didn't think Detective Pikachu was AMAZING, but it did what it set out to do and gave bigger audiences a glimpse at the potential of Pokemon.

Are we really going to get any of that with the Sonic movie? I mean I like Jim Carrey in the role of Eggman but, c'mon, why did they need to replace Roger Craig-Smith?

MainJPW

M.T.A
I keep hearing that Tyson Hesse made the redesign.

You know...it DOES look like his design when you think about it.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I just don't think Sonic really needed to be put in a live-action setting. There's really not much to benefit from that.

The benefit of Pokemon: Detective Pikachu being live-action was because anyone who has ever played a Pokemon game has said "man I wish Pokemon were real" and seeing that dream come to life on the big screen was not only a special treat but also a sort of dream fulfillment for a LOT of Pokemon fans. To be honest I didn't think Detective Pikachu was AMAZING, but it did what it set out to do and gave bigger audiences a glimpse at the potential of Pokemon.

Are we really going to get any of that with the Sonic movie? I mean I like Jim Carrey in the role of Eggman but, c'mon, why did they need to replace Roger Craig-Smith?
Same reason they never get the original voice actors for most of these live action versions. On camera actors are more notable to the general audience, so they're supposed to make more money.

Now why on God's green Earth they think we need Pitbull, Rhonda Rousey or ANY non actor in an acting gig is beyond me, as there's more than enough voice actors and on camera actors to pull from. As opposed to someone who will almost always sound like some wooden puppet.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Ok but imma disagree on one thing, Ben Schwartz wouldn't be a bad Sonic at all
King K Rool mains in a nutshell:
View attachment 243623
In the original short that's from they get bodied so yeah that's very accurate

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Ok but imma disagree on one thing, Ben Schwartz wouldn't be a bad Sonic at all
Seconding this, I love Roger Craig-Smith, but Ben Schwartz is still a solid choice for the character. He's also a big fan of the series, so he's familiar with the character and would probably put his best work into it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Huh. Interesting redesign. But the other one barely bothered me at all(the shoelaces don't work well for his shoes in the old version, but that's due to him easily tripping up while going at Sonic speeds), and the teeth were terrible, and the gloves had no reason to be furry. Overall, mediocre for me. New one doesn't do much for me. Just makes me shrug. Hopefully they'll show the smile soon, since that was the core thing that I felt was a key problem with the previous design. That just didn't work and was too creepy. The rest were just oddities and at most one was a bad idea(the shoelaces) or just looked silly(the gloves).

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
Another day, another milestone for WB’s Joker. The DC Films flick zoomed past Deadpool ($783 million) and Deadpool 2 ($785 million, but with $50 million from the PG-13 Once Upon a Deadpool cut) on Thursday to become the biggest R-rated movie ever in unadjusted global grosses. It earned $5.46 million on Friday (-36%) to bring its 22-day domestic cume to $264.144 million. That puts it, sans inflation, above the $259 million cume of Captain America: The Winter Soldier and the $262 million cume of The Amazing Spider-Man. There’s $30 million between Amazing Spider-Man and Man of Steel ($291 million), so Joker is sticking around in 18th place among comic book movies for awhile.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottm...america-deadpool-venom-dc-films/#6a1b7306b181

Wow, it even surpassed Deadpool. Looks like you don't need to be PG-13 to be a massive financial success.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Overwatch is getting a sequel?

Man I feel pretty bad for people who invested heavily in loot boxes.
it's a co-op story-based game that uses the 2 primarily for marketing according to jason schreier

so it exists alongside the online game rather than taking its place

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
smash channel has a new private upload

1572168865932.png

generally indicates a video in a week or two

Status