• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Do want to point out quickly, because I saw it mentioned some pages back, that Resident Evil has never been mentioned by leakers recently and shouldn’t be lumped in with characters like Crash, Hayabusa, Reimu, or KOS-MOS.

It’s fair game.

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
In the movie it's typical vampire fair. Blood sucking, regeneration, mind control, sorcery, etc.
Versatility, cool.

But I'm going with the classic novel version of the sunlight weakness, where they just loose their powers instead of dying.
As OP as they are they'd need a weakness for normal humans to stand a chance.
The regeneration is also super OP,
Liiike...

like they can reattach severed limbs (including heads) and they can only die with a stake through the heart. Silver can be used to effectively restrain them like how Kryptonite can be used to hold superman in place.
So the humans are gonna use silver bullets? Stake through the heart sounds risky unless they can get them during the day.
Wait. I'm getting a vision.

God of War (classic) spiritual successor about a vampire who wants to get revenge against Dracula and the rest of the high order of vampires. Her attacks are all weaponized blood like Skarlet from MK or Mira from KI. She has access to wolf and bat transformations for faster traversal and flight, her dodge is turning into mist, and every boss she beats gives her a new magic spell she can learn.

The defining aspect of the combat is the blood meeter. The fuller it is the stronger her attacks. You fill it up by finishing off opponents (or civilians) with a bite to the neck (then a stake through the heart). If you let it fully deplete, any attacks you do drain your health. Blood sucking can also refill your health.
Sounds good. Does the protagonist have a name yet?

Ivander

Smash Legend
Is the orange font the only different thing about the Halloween theme? Or is there something I'm not seeing?

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I may sound crazy by what I’m about to say.
I’m going in with Reimu being the final fighter of the pass!
I know the rumor is supposedly “dead” or at least “less stable”, but after learning what I learned, I feel more confident over her than anyone else.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Versatility, cool.

As OP as they are they'd need a weakness for normal humans to stand a chance.

Liiike...

So the humans are gonna use silver bullets? Stake through the heart sounds risky unless they can get them during the day.

Sounds good. Does the protagonist have a name yet?
No. Not quite as broken as that. Think Swampfire from Ben 10.

And yeah. Silver bullets. Their armor also incorporates silver so the vamps have a hard time getting close, and if they do then that’s where the stake comes in.

As for the game protagonist. No, she doesn’t have a name yet. I just came up with all this stuff today.

Also, one thing I forgot to mention about the game. Count Vlad Dracula is the lead vampire, but all vampires serve him are referred to as “Dracula” as Dracula means “of the devil, or of the dragon” and that’s what they all are. So when vampires attack “the Dracula are coming”. When the main character needs a place to stay for the day, before she’s invited in the inkeepers ask her “are you Dracula?”. I like it. Plus, it will confuse people in the trailers.
Hey guys so apparently the supposed sonic movie redesign leak has been confirmed...

real
It truly is a gangsters paradise right now.
Pretty good all things considered. Plus they kept the two eyes thing and the blue arms. I love sonic but the tan arms and mono-eye always bothered me.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
His arms are still blue. :troll:

Is it even real? Where are his Puma's?
The redesign is much appreciated. This looks way better, even with the blue arms.

Sadly, I don't think this will be enough to save the movie. I don't like the direction they're going, and the comedy in the trailers hasn't given me a good first impression. Jim Carrey will be what saves this movie from bombing.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The redesign is much appreciated. This looks way better, even with the blue arms.

Sadly, I don't think this will be enough to save the movie. I don't like the direction they're going, and the comedy in the trailers hasn't given me a good first impression. Jim Carrey will be what saves this movie from bombing.
I don’t know about you. But when I eat watching that trailer I was thinking “man, this really feels like Sonic”. I’m up for it at least. I’d still like a proper Sonic movie that’s closer to the games, but this looks like it’s gonna be a fun little Elseworlds thing.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I don’t know about you. But when I eat watching that trailer I was thinking “man, this really feels like Sonic”. I’m up for it at least. I’d still like a proper Sonic movie that’s closer to the games, but this looks like it’s gonna be a fun little Elseworlds thing.
Would definitely watch a Sonic Movie closer to the games.

Only if it has the G.U.N Truck...

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
And have the truck get more dangerous upgrades and have it break the laws of physics.
Like an Antimatter cannon! Antimatter and ordinary matter destroy each other when they come into contact.

And a vaporizing beam, too.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Like an Antimatter cannon! Antimatter and ordinary matter destroy each other when they come into contact.

And a vaporizing beam, too.
YES! You absolute genius!
Don't forget machine guns and a flamethrower with the Truck having hover wheels. And why not a cloaking device. Also have the front bumper open up to reveal 2 claws.

G.U.N Truck Upgrades:
1. Saw Blades (Both Normal and Homing)
2. Rocket Boosters
3. Lasers
4. Missiles
5. Antimatter Cannon
6. Vaporising Beam
7. Machine Guns
8. Flamethrower
9. Hover Wheels
10. Cloaking Device
11. Claws

Lemme know what upgrades/weapons you want the truck to have.

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
It LOOKS better, but that's not saying much. It still looks like an awkward imitation of the real thing:

It's just not a horrible dumpster fire like the blue gremlin we had before.

At least they got one of the most important aspects of his design somewhat right being the eyes, which is them being large and expressive. Big expressive eyes, large gloved hands, simple shapes and a round and pudgy body shape are all classic cartoon traits, something Sonic was designed to be.

Sadly, I don't think this will be enough to save the movie.
While it won't save the movie, at least this won't be giving anyone nightmares.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Here's something of mine i copied on my post on page 2618.

I am knowing what you think of me.
Everything you say can into me, eventually.

Everything at all will into me, eventually.
You think i am a monster of ravening. But I are not.

I was once star and may act as star again.
I eat no more, no less.

The bend of space and time are come between us.
When I take you cannot see.

Your eternity is to me an instant.
I cannot show you what are in my soul.

I wish you could join me, to see I not am prison, I not am monster.
I am just space of different.

Join me just for moment...

...and watch the universe grow forever...

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
No. Not quite as broken as that. Think Swampfire from Ben 10.
Kay.

And yeah. Silver bullets. Their armor also incorporates silver so the vamps have a hard time getting close, and if they do then that’s where the stake comes in.
Smart. So they can also just deck them?

As for the game protagonist. No, she doesn’t have a name yet. I just came up with all this stuff today.

Also, one thing I forgot to mention about the game. Count Vlad Dracula is the lead vampire, but all vampires serve him are referred to as “Dracula” as Dracula means “of the devil, or of the dragon” and that’s what they all are. So when vampires attack “the Dracula are coming”. When the main character needs a place to stay for the day, before she’s invited in the inkeepers ask her “are you Dracula?”. I like it. Plus, it will confuse people in the trailers.
Okay. I guess there's a mystery aspect with the whole "are you Dracula" thing.
Pretty good all things considered. Plus they kept the two eyes thing and the blue arms. I love sonic but the tan arms and mono-eye always bothered me.
If it helps Sonic doesn't actually have one eye.

It's just a design holdover from the '30s cartoon characters he's based on. BIG EXPRESSIVE EYES is the takeaway.

When he blinks his eyes in Sonic 1 you see two seperate eyeballs.

Also the tan parts are skin. It's supposed to add some color variety to his design.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Even though Sonic's design is far better it won't change the fact that the movie is going to end up like the other live action adaptations.

Character from another world ends up on Earth along with their enemy. Main character meets the main human guy and human girl who are so totally not going to be a couple and the movie mostly focuses on their relationship with the otherworldly denizen being a matchmaker for them. Oh and there's that bad guy blending into the crowd planning his scheme, 3rd act misunderstanding, climatic fight scene and then the guy and girl become a couple, the end.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Hey guys so apparently the supposed sonic movie redesign leak has been confirmed...
real
It truly is a gangsters paradise right now.
Thank ****ing god, because realistically, we weren't going to get any better than this. I'm very happy that they made the correct decision in redesigning him. The gloves are a huge improvement in my eyes because before they were just white hands, which to me was completely unacceptable.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Jim Carrey is going to carry this film regardless, but a better Sonic design is highly appreciated. It will make scenes with Sonic more bearable, at the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom