• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
Ok but we know Terry is coming in november and we can expect Terry to release soon as November begins next week
No time-frame for when in November though. Just saying that I recall an equal amount of instances where a private video being uploaded has meant nothing as times when it’s actually meant incoming news.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
No time-frame for when in November though. Just saying that I recall an equal amount of instances where a private video being uploaded has meant nothing as times when it’s actually meant incoming news.
Like Panda just mentioned they're pushing Terry a lot. Alongside the 7-11 ads being replaced on the third indicatig Terry's ad may get placed there and this we can expect Terry in 3 weeks at most

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
Like Panda just mentioned they're pushing Terry a lot. Alongside the 7-11 ads being replaced on the third indicatig Terry's ad may get placed there and this we can expect Terry in 3 weeks at most
That’s fair, but it would also prove me wrong and I don’t like the idea of that so I have to disagree.

I’m expecting Terry around the middle of November, it’s been nearly two months since he was revealed so it seems like a reasonable time to reinvigorate smash anticipation.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Morning! What's been going on?
Nothing of interest, other than the fact that Nintendo uploaded a private video into the Smash account. Got a hinch that it's either a Smash Bros Direct or a Terry presentation. I'm more leaning on the latter. Most probably it will be released next week.

D

Deleted member

Finally we got some news unless it gets debunked that is and go back to the usual square one.
Depending if you look at it. Besides, Nintendo would not just simply pop up Directs as if they'll let hackers do their thing.

Other than that it's an interesting development to say the least and should not be slept on.

also kinda shifted my pfp to Darkstalkers after the discussion of Morrigan in Smash enlightened me and gave me hope.

D

Deleted member

Started watching the Xenosaga anime at the hopes that KOS-MOS will get in.

Then I got my faith in Morrigan restored, so I put that show on hold.

Then I bought a Mahou Sensei Negima t-shirt, and I decided to watch the entire thing.

My anime watchlist is sooo weird.

D

Deleted member

More the reason though for me to look forward to Godzilla vs. Kong in March! :grin:
AKA the OG Goku Vs Superman.

Please tell me that they took notes from all teh critics and made a more appeasing one. Not that I'm saying that King of Monsters was that bad, but I mean, yeah, it could be better.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
AKA the OG Goku Vs Superman.

Please tell me that they took notes from all teh critics and made a more appeasing one. Not that I'm saying that King of Monsters was that bad, but I mean, yeah, it could be better.
If taking their time with the marketing and trailer is any indication that is a possibility then.

I'm hoping for the film to just be about their fight more akin to Freddy vs. Jason and Alien vs. Predator and if there must be a "team-up" execute it well like they don't work together but fighting said greater threat at the same time out of survival. I don't oppose to the idea of a team up just save that for a later film.

And it doesn't even need to end in death. Simply a clear winner as Batman vs. Superman and Freddy vs. Jason (Jason won as he came out of the water with Freddy's head who was still alive as he winks to the audience) had shown.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That’s fair, but it would also prove me wrong and I don’t like the idea of that so I have to disagree.

I’m expecting Terry around the middle of November, it’s been nearly two months since he was revealed so it seems like a reasonable time to reinvigorate smash anticipation.
I’m expecting Terry to go out into the world before Pokémon launches. Pokémon will just take too much attention away from it, especially in the regions where he’s not mega popular like he is in Mexico, China, and Japan.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If taking their time with the marketing and trailer is any indication that is a possibility then.

I'm hoping for the film to just be about their fight more akin to Freddy vs. Jason and Alien vs. Predator and if there must be a "team-up" execute it well like they don't work together but fighting said greater threat at the same time out of survival. I don't oppose to the idea of a team up just save that for a later film.

And it doesn't even need to end in death. Simply a clear winner as Batman vs. Superman and Freddy vs. Jason (Jason won as he came out of the water with Freddy's head who was still alive as he winks to the audience) had shown.
I always pictured is as a movie where godzilla is destroying everything and Kong has to stop him. Kong is the hero in that sense. The protagonist going against the antagonist. Why would there be a team up in that situation?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Screw Zack Snyder.
I'll agree with you on that. Even though I wasn't comparing the film to that just how there was a winner but it didn't end with death. Also Freddy vs. Jason had that too as Freddy was still alive as an decapitated head since he winks to the audience.
I always pictured is as a movie where godzilla is destroying everything and Kong has to stop him. Kong is the hero in that sense. The protagonist going against the antagonist. Why would there be a team up in that situation?
Because since that last two Godzilla MonsterVerse films they've build up to him as an hero or at least in the GA eyes.

But given the "For now" line at the end indicates something is gonna happen. Godzilla might see the threat humanity poses to the earth and turns on them perhaps making Kong probably the hero.

We'll see though.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Screw Zack Snyder.
I haven’t watched that movie since I first saw it in theaters. I liked it then. But I can’t really comment now because, well, I haven’t seen it since it’s not really fresh in my mind anymore.

But just in general.... I don’t think any movie has been both good AND accurate to the source material like what we got with Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Shazam, and some of the marvel movies. So looking back now, I probably would have a hard time enjoying it if I were to watch it again.

And I’m super glad they kicked Zack Snyder off the DCEU. It’s better for it.
I'll agree with you on that. Even though I wasn't comparing the film to that just how there was a winner but it didn't end with death. Also Freddy vs. Jason had that too as Freddy was still alive as an decapitated head since he winks to the audience.

Because since that last two Godzilla MonsterVerse films they've build up to him as an hero or at least in the GA eyes.

But given the "For now" line at the end indicates something is gonna happen. Godzilla might see the threat humanity poses to the earth and turns on them perhaps making Kong probably the hero.

We'll see though.
Is it super different from the typical zilla backstory? Is he more than just a really dangerous and destructive nuclear accident?

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
https://twitter.com/OMEGAGORMARU/status/1188309408884969477

Despite my heavy anticipation. I do admit though I really appreciate how much Legendary is taking their time with the marketing and trailer. Psychotics like kaiju fanboys like myself will obviously be seeing the movie 8 times anyway, so I don't blame them for focusing the marketing on General Audiences.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
https://twitter.com/OMEGAGORMARU/status/1188309408884969477

Despite my heavy anticipation. I do admit though I really appreciate how much Legendary is taking their time with the marketing and trailer. Psychotics like kaiju fanboys like myself will obviously be seeing the movie 8 times anyway, so I don't blame them for focusing the marketing on General Audiences.
God. There is no where to watch any of these movies online without buying or renting them. They’re not on any streaming services. I wanna watch the two zilla movies since I’ve only seen Kong before and I just can’t without pirating them.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

And I’m super glad they kicked Zack Snyder off the DCEU. It’s better for it.
And now I'm kinda liking the new direction with the DCEU. Funnier stuff with Shazam while also having more comedic times like the upcoming Birds of Prey. Imo Margot's Harley is starting to grow on me, so basically I'll just watch it for her and not the rest of the cast (except Ewan McGregor)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
That said. Next year is gonna be great for movies for me.

Godzilla vs. Kong, Fast and Furious 9, Bloodshot (We need more R rated superhero films), Underwater (Good or bad, I'm a sucker for killer creature flicks), My Spy, Antlers (Need more movies on the wendigo), Scoob! and Wonder Woman 1984.

To name a few. Movies so far I'll be seeing for sure.
Is it super different from the typical zilla backstory? Is he more than just a really dangerous and destructive nuclear accident?
Guess you haven't seen the movies then.

In terms of origin its kind of the same but with some changes. Godzilla is still an ancient creature from prehistoric times but unlike other incarnations has a more heroic route but still an force of nature at the same time keeping nature in balance from anything that might disrupt it along with keeping his alpha status as the apex predator as KotM had shown.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom