• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Okay, let's talk about this.
1. There should be no need to emulate the "lock-on technology" since combined they just create a 4MB ROM.
2. Sonic Mega Collection did this already. They include S3, S&K, and S3&K as separate menu items, again just loading a separate ROM each time.
3. If it's truly "difficult and time consuming," are they then "too lazy," or using their limited time and resources for the project wisely?

I'd love to see the interview you're referring to.
I remember it being an unlockable extra video in the collection, so I assume it's available somewhere on the internet.

QuiqueST

Smash Apprentice
1999, the year when a game from a popular series made a great impact in our lives that we still remember to this day
That's right.

pokemon snap.jpg

Pokemon Snap baby

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
1. There should be no need to emulate the "lock-on technology" since combined they just create a 4MB ROM.
2. Sonic Mega Collection did this already. They include S3, S&K, and S3&K as separate menu items, again just loading a separate ROM each time.
3. If it's truly "difficult and time consuming," are they then "too lazy," or using their limited time and resources for the project wisely?

I still want a Christian Whitehead remake of 3 and Knuckles (change the music if you have to SEGA. I want that game with polish). And all of them released as a collection on Switch.

Then we can get HD Remakes of the Adventure games using Modern Sonic's art style.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Ah, 1999.

The last year before the end of the world, and the year I was born
kronk terranort.jpg

What a dark coincidence.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh yeah. Smash 64 was released this year too so that's pretty big for us.

osby

Smash Obsessed
*checks the page number*

Enjoy your computers while you still can, kids.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master

This thread quoting it is all that I can find:

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/why-...ce-of-lock-on-in-previous-collections.361658/

D

Deleted member

1999. Where it all began.
It's almost hard to believe that Smash has already been around for two decades.
:3

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
1999, the year when a game from a popular series made a great impact in our lives that we still remember to this day
That's right.

View attachment 238795
Pokemon Snap baby
I'm serious right now, it is still the best Pokemon game ever made and I find it absolutely disgusting that, despite fan outcry for it, they haven't remade it or made a sequel to it. It really goes to show that The Pokemon Company is out of touch with what fans actually want, and it's even more bizarre when you think about the fact that Nintendo recently, for the most part, has been so up on what fans want.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
We definitely aren't getting 98 fighters. We don't even know if we're getting another fighters pass worth of characters yet. I wouldn't put much stock into this.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I don't see a reason to believe them.

Also, I find it extremely unlikely for that many characters to be planned in advance for Smash, anyway.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
We definitely aren't getting 98 fighters. We don't even know if we're getting another fighters pass worth of characters yet. I wouldn't put much stock into this.
You never know though.....

Sakurai is insane. And with all the talk about pushing the record.... i’m not saying it’s a lock.... but I wouldn’t put it past the mad lad who did Sans as a Mii Costume to try to make history with 100 characters total (counting echoes).

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
You never know though.....

Sakurai is insane. And with all the talk about pushing the record.... i’m not saying it’s a lock.... but I wouldn’t put it past the mad lad who did Sans as a Mii Costume to try to make history with 100 characters total (counting echoes).
Sakurai is indeed quite capable. He's also human however. The man can only do so much work before he actually collapses. Getting to a hundred characters would take years, and he's already expressed fatigue from the project with how he notes that the finish line is so much further away. His comment about being able to add new worlds into the game comes across almost as more of a silver lining for him than anything else. Man is getting tired. At this point I also know he is not going to take a bow from development for this game until said development is finished, because he made it clear that the game is personal to him due to his relationship with Iwata. So Nintendo doing more DLC without him is out of the question. Overall, the safest bet is that we at most get five more characters + the fifth fighter pass character.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
OH SNAP! I ACTUALLY DID MAKE IT TO PAGE 1999

:ultpichu:'99ERS REPRESENT!:ultpichu:

Technically still born in the 90's, but we're too young to remember any of it to be classified as 90's kids

We're an interesting bunch lol

I betcha the 96's, 97's, and 98's can relate

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom