• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
*Sigh* why do I even talk

Let's change the subject, then

What's your favorite genre of games?

Personally, RPGs are cool.
Dunno if they're my number one favourite but I really like city builders and similar games where you have to manage some kind of community - I find they have tonnes of replayability as you'll never be building the same place twice

osby

Smash Obsessed
Here we are, the year I was born!

Do I need to do anything for celebrating this? Killing a herd of bulls as sacrifice or something?

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Sorry. I just didn’t know how to actually spell it. And the web url for the wiki doesn’t have hyphens.

I’m scared now.

Oh.
I thought that meant they were broadening the scope of what was shown.

Why is is struggling exactly?
Because publishers are dropping it.

Sony and Activision skipped E3 this year, Nintendo and Microsoft both announce most things outside of E3. It just isn't really needed anymore.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Oh noo I missed my birth year of 1993.
Truly, I am becoming a dinosaur. I might as well be 80.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Speaking of light mode, why do we still only have two designs for the Switch's home screen three years into its lifespan

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
*Sigh* why do I even talk

Let's change the subject, then

What's your favorite genre of games?

Personally, RPGs are cool.
Platformers, Metroidvanias are my favorite kind, but I always enjoy an oldschool 2D sidescroller or a 3D Collectathon as well.

RPGs are closely behind, and again, I enjoy a wide variety of them, but I'd say turn-based is probably my favorite kind of RPG.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
So does everyone still have the opinion that Spirits deconfirm fighters?
I feel like objectively they can't really. For Fighters Pass yeah they definitely deconfirmed, the pass was probably planned before or while Spirits were being planned. However, DLC past that is being made in response to a demand for more, so it's planned post-Spirits. I don't really think still that we'll get any Spirits promoted though. Shantae maybe but that's it.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well given Shantae's demand being currently among the most requested alongside Geno and Sora with Sakurai's statement I say its not out of the question to see them then.

Steve as well as I recall he's kinda up there.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So does everyone still have the opinion that Spirits deconfirm fighters?
I don't think Spirits deconfirm anymore, for me they only did because a character being a Spirit was a clear indication that they weren't planned for the Fighters Pass given the timing. I don't think the additional DLC characters will have been planned that far back though, so that point is null now, and the idea that they're not going to include a character just because they already have a Spirit is nonsense to me.

With that said, I don't think it'll have much of an effect, if the focus remains on 3rd party characters then the question is basically just about how it affects Geno's chances, and maybe Rayman's too if we're stretching things. Even if we do get Nintendo characters, I don't think too many of the current Spirits would be that likely, Rex would be the most relevant to that discussion imo.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well given Shantae's demand being currently among the most requested alongside Geno and Sora with Sakurai's statement I say its not out of the question to see them then.

Steve as well as I recall he's kinda up there.
>he's kinda up there
>is from the most sold video game of all time

bro you straight?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Bad wording on my part but yeah Steve is definitely up there too.

Another would be Crash also.
For the American world, maybe.

Every time someone mentions "oh my god who even wanted Terry?" i hear luchador music.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Her spirit artwork doesn’t change a thing though. Why would her smash render if playable be any different?
Fair point. Its just given the skin she shows. At most I might see them altering her breast size but that's probably it then.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
They didn't forget, they're too lazy to emulate the lock-on cartridge.
Unlikely, it's pretty simple and they've done it multiple times before. I don't understand why laziness seems to be the first possible culprit from gamers when analyzing game developer/publisher decisions. They probably just wanted to celebrate more non-Sonic titles with the classic.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I like how one of the stories in the forging bonds going on in heroes right now is about lore of why dancers can’t be danced

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
For the American world, maybe.

Every time someone mentions "oh my god who even wanted Terry?" i hear luchador music.
Crash was enormous in Europe as well, the UK especially is crazy for that PS1 era, the N. Sane trilogy was #1 in sales there for a stupid long time. He would fit well with Nintendo's talk of targeting new demographics with the DLC as well, the UK is a place where they don't always do as well as they could, so Crash would be very effective at luring them in. We know they pay attention to Europe as well, given the whole "Bayo was #1 in Europe" highlight they did back then.

I get the point people want to make about not ignoring demographics that are less prevalent around these parts after the whole Terry reaction, but let's not suddenly pretend that seeing things through a North America + Europe lense is being tunnel visioned, it's a pretty significant portion of the world to say the least.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Crash was enormous in Europe as well, the UK especially is crazy for that PS1 era, the N. Sane trilogy was #1 in sales there for a stupid long time. He would fit well with Nintendo talk of targeting new demographics as well, the UK is a place where they don't always do as well as they could, so Crash would be very effective at luring them in. We know they pay attention to Europe as well, given the whole "Bayo was #1 in Europe" highlight they did back then.

I get the whole point people want to make about not ignoring demographics that are less prevalent around these parts after the whole Terry reaction, but let's not suddenly pretend that seeing things through a North America + Europe lense is being tunnel visioned, it's a pretty significant portion of the world to say the least.
Isn't Crash relatively popular in Japan too?
i wasnt referring to crash, i meant the earlier picks more than anything

i literally zoned crash out of that post when i was typing my response

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom