• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
What do you mean? E3 ended last year. Some new “media and influencer” conference is taking the place of gaming Christmas.
It's still going to be called E3, there's just going to be more consumer badges (25,000 over the previous 15,000) and more "social media influencers" will be invited. It's still going to be about games, but it's obvious that they're desperately trying to stay relevant and I don't think it'll work.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
the fact you didnt even say it right is the most disrespectful take in the universe

what if i was saying this about stephen galaxy?
Sorry. I just didn’t know how to actually spell it. And the web url for the wiki doesn’t have hyphens.
Yeah, I can see that. Beating the **** out of people with cute toys that turn into mangled pieces of garbage when they fuse sounds fun, no?
https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Fluffal
I’m scared now.
It's still going to be called E3, there's just going to be more consumer badges (25,000 over the previous 15,000) and more "social media influencers" will be invited. It's still going to be about games, but it's obvious that they're desperately trying to stay relevant and I don't think it'll work.
Oh.
I thought that meant they were broadening the scope of what was shown.

Why is is struggling exactly?

D

Deleted member

the fact you didnt even say it right is the most disrespectful take in the universe

what if i was saying this about stephen galaxy?
pokemans
I’m scared now.
Then why not call for a hero!
https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Elemental_HERO
https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Destiny_HERO
https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Vision_HERO
https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Evil_HERO
https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Neo-Spacian
https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Masked_HERO
(Yes Konami has a HERO fetish, get over it lol)

Oh yeah, and **** Kaijus
https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Kaiju

Last edited by a moderator:

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
People are realizing that there's no real need for the big mega livestreams when they can just drop things like Directs and State of Plays whenever they'd like to push their new games. E3 doesn't really need to exist, but if only for the spectacle I'd like it to keep going

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I may not know much about Yu-Gi-Oh (did I do it right that time?) but I do know that Konami does not own the IP. The manga-ka behind the series does.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Sorry. I just didn’t know how to actually spell it. And the web url for the wiki doesn’t have hyphens.

I’m scared now.

Oh.
I thought that meant they were broadening the scope of what was shown.

It's struggling because less people are going to E3 as they can just sit home and watch the streams, by doing this they get to meet their favourite influencers as an excuse to actually buy a ticket

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I may not know much about Yu-Gi-Oh (did I do it right that time?) but I do know that Konami does not own the IP. The manga-ka behind the series does.
nope, that would shuiesha. konami licenses the products, but shueisha owns the rights

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
The rights are split. Konami owns the card/video games, and Shueisha owns the manga. Though Kazuki Takahashi still has some ownership (which is why he's credited on every card).

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
People are realizing that there's no real need for the big mega livestreams when they can just drop things like Directs and State of Plays whenever they'd like to push their new games. E3 doesn't really need to exist, but if only for the spectacle I'd like it to keep going
It’s just something to look forward to. It’s a date you know in advance that you can always expect SOMETHING on. Really hope Sony has a conference or at least does there own thing. We need to see more about the PS5 and it’s killer app launch title, PlayStation All-Stars 2.

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
It’s just something to look forward to. It’s a date you know in advance that you can always expect SOMETHING on. Really hope Sony has a conference or at least does there own thing. We need to see more about the PS5 and it’s killer app launch title, PlayStation All-Stars 2.
I'd like a PS All-Stars again, just one that doesn't feel as cheap as the original (also, give us Dart you cowards)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The rights are split. Konami owns the card/video games, and Shueisha owns the manga. Though Kazuki Takahashi still has some ownership (which is why he's credited on every card).
I have a few Yu-Gi-Oh figures from Gamestop’s totaku line (basically Amiibo for non-Nintendo companies with no NFC chip) and the figures only credit Takahashi. Weird.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'd like a PS All-Stars again, just one that doesn't feel as cheap as the original (also, give us Dart you cowards)
They were gonna do him as dlc along with Abe from Oddworld. But it bombed so that plan got dropped. :(
It's struggling because less people are going to E3 as they can just sit home and watch the streams, by doing this they get to meet their favourite influencers as an excuse to actually buy a ticket
I’ve always wanted to buy a ticket but I could never afford the trip.

D

Deleted member

*Sigh* why do I even talk

Let's change the subject, then

What's your favorite genre of games?

Personally, RPGs are cool.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So like, how exactly do you guys change the color of SmashBoards? Do I have to be a premium user? I like, don't want to open this in public and make people think I'm looking at ****hub or something. It already happened once.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh hey 1996, the year I was born.

Hope everyone's doing well today.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So like, how exactly do you guys change the color of SmashBoards? Do I have to be a premium user? I like, don't want to open this in public and make people think I'm looking at ****hub or something. It already happened once.
untitled.png

it's hard to spot

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
In the bottom left part of the site you'll see a Theme Selection drop-down menu.

osby

Smash Obsessed
*Sigh* why do I even talk

Let's change the subject, then

What's your favorite genre of games?

Personally, RPGs are cool.
Turn based RPGs.

I like action games, too, but not sure if I'd call them my favorite genre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom