• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Josuke knew how long it was taking to get to anything good so he just took the hit to get it over with but that Mitsuba reveal was hype and also incredibly confusing
the doctor's beard creeps me out

i know rock humans love to have spikes in their anatomy but this is just ridiculous, he looks like a lizard man

EDIT: holy **** he actually looks like an older bowser from the 80s mario movie

EDIT 2: Mitsuba being revealed makes sense though, she goes to the hospital to trade body parts like every 2 weeks and jobin just dont care

Last edited:

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
the doctor's beard creeps me out

i know rock humans love to have spikes in their anatomy but this is just ridiculous, he looks like a lizard man

EDIT: holy **** he actually looks like an older bowser from the 80s mario movie

EDIT 2: Mitsuba being revealed makes sense though, she goes to the hospital to trade body parts like every 2 weeks and jobin just dont care
Just feels weird to me that it wasn't Kaato because I'm super expecting her to be the villain of this whole storyline, but Mitsuba means more Awaking III Leaves and that's the best design so I'll take it

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Just feels weird to me that it wasn't Kaato because I'm super expecting her to be the villain of this whole storyline, but Mitsuba means more Awaking III Leaves and that's the best design so I'll take it
>not knowing the main villain was jobin since 32

you're out of this world dawg, do you remember who has had the rokakaka for almost a year's (maybe already a year, i lost count) worth of chapters now

Last edited:

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
>not knowing the main villain was jobin since 32

you're out of this world dawg, do you remember who has had the rokakaka for almost a year's (maybe already a year, i lost count) worth of chapters now
Jobin doesn't really seem like main villain material, he doesn't really fall in line with others like Dio, Valentine, or Diavolo. Personally having all this build up just to have Jobin be the main villain seems like pointless stringing along to me and Araki still has cards he hasn't played yet (though knowing his track record he's likely to drop that whole thread with Kaato anyhow)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I hate when people say that Video Games are art, but then get mad when the developers express their beliefs in said game.

Unless, you know, the beliefs are really bad, but art allows people to express themselves in whatever way they want to.

D

Deleted member

Never understood the notion of games being art. Feels more like people want validation on their hobby.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Jobin doesn't really seem like main villain material, he doesn't really fall in line with others like Dio, Valentine, or Diavolo. Personally having all this build up just to have Jobin be the main villain seems like pointless stringing along to me and Araki still has cards he hasn't played yet (though knowing his track record he's likely to drop that whole thread with Kaato anyhow)
He fills the cards as a main antagonist pretty well. Josuke wants to save his mom, Jobin wants to prevent his kid from getting rock cancer, and there's only one fruit out there. Hell, it was Jobin who told them to go to the hospital in the first place.

also i like his design more

1568903929483.png

Last edited:

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
Never understood the notion of games being art. Feels more like people want validation on their hobby.
For me it depends on how the game goes about it. I'd totally call something like Journey art because it's trying to convey a mix of feelings akin to a traditional artistic experience. Most games are basically just fun and it's definitely not trying to be art imo, but it doesn't have to be.

He fills the cards as a main antagonist pretty well. Josuke wants to save his mom, Jobin wants to prevent his kid from getting rock cancer, and there's only one fruit out there. Hell, it was Jobin who told them to go to the hospital in the first place.

also i like his design more

View attachment 238774
Makes sense, it just always seemed to me like there was more behind the scenes than just Jobin being behind everything. I do have to strongly agree on his design though. It's so great

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I mean, if films, music, books, comics, and any other form of media are considered art, then there is no good reason to exclude games. It's an objectively wrong idea from a time when games were seen as toys and generally only for children.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I reached the decision in Fire Emblem Three Houses that people were warning me about. I have no idea what path the choice that I made will take me down, but since all of the currently-available paralogues end this month, I assume there's a major turning point in the story, so I improved Byleth's skills as much as I could.

I'm taking a break now, though I'm hoping to finish this chapter today and to see what's next.

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
I reached the decision in Fire Emblem Three Houses that people were warning me about. I have no idea what path the choice that I made will take me down, but since all of the currently-available paralogues end this month, I assume there's a major turning point in the story, so I improved Byleth's skills as much as I could.

I'm taking a break now, though I'm hoping to finish this chapter today and to see what's next.
what house path are you on?

D

Deleted member

For me it depends on how the game goes about it. I'd totally call something like Journey art because it's trying to convey a mix of feelings akin to a traditional artistic experience. Most games are basically just fun and it's definitely not trying to be art imo, but it doesn't have to be.
This is actually one of the best explanations I've read about it.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
1995 was the first E3, so there's that

Yoshi's Island, Chrono Trigger and Rayman, too

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I hate when people say that Video Games are art, but then get mad when the developers express their beliefs in said game.
I mean, the internet's overall opinion seems to be "Games should be allowed to have anything in them as long as I agree with it" :smash:

I think it's less an issue of games being art or not (which they definitely can be), and more an issue of deciding what crosses over from "personal convictions that I don't agree with but can be allowed to exist within said art" into "harmful viewpoint that really shouldn't be propagating." It's a weird line sometimes.

D

Deleted member

if you didnt want to say it why make your public age 15
I forgot about that lol.
Also I've gotten in trouble with my parents for saying Damn before, so not taking any chances. Don't think they even know I have an account on here thou.

Last edited by a moderator:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
Well, in my opinion, in the case of video games, they do take a lot of work, and to add to that, they do use video and art. They are called video games after all. So I can see why video games would be considered art, or playable art for that matter.

D

Deleted member

sheltered to death by the strictest parents

you poor soul :nifty:
Well, not really. They mainly take offense to me saying it online for some reason. Doesn't really help that I use the same username everywhere(no seriously, googling my username brings up like 20 different results)

Edit: I just realized that the fanfics I wrote when I was like 10 come up when I search my name. They are ****ing garbage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom