• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
yeah thinking about it, its a bit of a silly question to ask what our favorite genre of games is on a forum site for a fighting game
tbh I'm not sure Smash is even in my top 10 of games

Cracke

Smash Journeyman
imo no not really, at least not yet

there are some good moments but it peaked at Vitamin C arc, and that's pretty much halfway through the current run.
aww, that is pretty disappointing with it coming off of the best part an all you´d think it´d be better or on par.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
aww, that is pretty disappointing with it coming off of the best part an all you´d think it´d be better or on par.
i mean its still going

could end up being best part, it's at least leading up to the climax to where the current arc is, where it's been for almost a year now.

this is the new D4C where it's gonna take a long while to finish this arc (it took over 2 years to finish D4C IIRC during publishing)

R O F L

Smash Ace
*Sigh* why do I even talk

Let's change the subject, then

What's your favorite genre of games?

Personally, RPGs are cool.
I pretty much like most game genres.
I really like Real-Time Strategy, Fighting, and any kind of Platformer.

However, I've never been fond of RPGs for some reason.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
So I uh, finished part seven. Best part I wonder if part 8 will be better. View attachment 238791
Yeah don't go into part 8 expecting Steel Ball Run lol. It's been alright, but jfc the way this part treats its characters is frustrating. Joshu hasn't been relevant in forever and will definitely not get the development he needs before the part ends, the Higashikata family save for Jobin, Tsurugi, Mitsuba, and maybe Kaato have all fallen off, Karera is never to be seen again and don't even get me started on how dirty Araki has been doing Kyo. I do like Yasuho and Rai Mamezuku but it sucks that this part's cast has been largely ignored.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
Oh hey, page 1998. That's the year Ocarina of Time came out.
Also, in two more pages, it'll be the year where Majora's Mask came out, which is like, better than OoT in every way.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Oh hey, page 1998. That's the year Ocarina of Time came out.
Also, in two more pages, it'll be the year where Majora's Mask came out, which is like, better than OoT in every way.
Can't wait for page 2003 since that's the year when the actual best Zelda game released.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Imagine thinking the only thing happened in 1998 is Banjo-Kazooie.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Unlikely, it's pretty simple and they've done it multiple times before. I don't understand why laziness seems to be the first possible culprit from gamers when analyzing game developer/publisher decisions. They probably just wanted to celebrate more non-Sonic titles with the classic.
Sonic & Knuckles was omitted from Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection on 360 and PS3 and in interviews the reason given was that "emulating the lock-on technology is too difficult and time consuming."

I don't buy the reasoning of wanting to "celebrate more than non-Sonic titles" because there is absolutely no way there wasn't enough room on the memory for 2 more games.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Actually, speaking of mini emulation consoles, I want to vent a little about the Turbografx-16 Mini.

I'm so annoyed that the only version of the original Bonk on the console is the Japanese version, especially since there are other games on it in both English and Japanese. Nobody really remembers Bonk's Revenge (which is the one they have on it in English) at least not as well as the original. I just want to play Bonk and I don't want to pull out my Wii U or try to set up my original TG-16. God damn Konami.

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Sonic & Knuckles was omitted from Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection on 360 and PS3 and in interviews the reason given was that "emulating the lock-on technology is too difficult and time consuming."

I don't buy the reasoning of wanting to "celebrate more than non-Sonic titles" because there is absolutely no way there wasn't enough room on the memory for 2 more games.
Okay, let's talk about this.
1. There should be no need to emulate the "lock-on technology" since combined they just create a 4MB ROM.
2. Sonic Mega Collection did this already. They include S3, S&K, and S3&K as separate menu items, again just loading a separate ROM each time.
3. If it's truly "difficult and time consuming," are they then "too lazy," or using their limited time and resources for the project wisely?

I'd love to see the interview you're referring to.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Imagine thinking the only thing happened in 1998 is Banjo-Kazooie.
In my defense, Schnee definitely doesn't like Banjo, if they described it as the worst thing ever I wouldn't really be that surprised, so with that description in mind that's the first place I looked, and it happened that the year matched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom