• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Over in the Terry board, we were thinking of 3 vs 3 matches, similar to how King of fighters plays. Then having different teams that can be made in the game.

The Link Team: :ultlink::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink:
The Blonde Team: :ultpeach::ultzelda::ultzss:
Team Konami: :ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake:
Team Mii: :ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultswordfighter:
Team Starfox: :ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf:
Team PT: :ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard:
Boss Team: :ultridley::ultbowser::ultkrool:
And have Ganondorf as Geese: :ultganondorf:
If it's done that way, Team Capcom is mandatory. :ultmegaman::ultryu::ultken:
I think a Mario Team could work well too. :ultmario::ultluigi::ultyoshi:, But obviously, there's only so many spots in Arcade Mode.

I still wanna see battle network and star force collections just to see how they handle the DS games.
The 6 Mega Man Battle Network Titles were on GBA originally, and only MMBN1 and MMBN5 got DS enhanced versions. Starforce is entirely on DS, so I'm interested in how they handle it.

MMZX and MMZXA are DS games, so we have somewhat of an idea of how they'll handle the 2 screens. They have I think 8 presets for the presentation of it.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If it's done that way, Team Capcom is mandatory. :ultmegaman::ultryu::ultken:
I think a Mario Team could work well too. :ultmario::ultluigi::ultyoshi:, But obviously, there's only so many spots in Arcade Mode.

The 6 Mega Man Battle Network Titles were on GBA originally, and only MMBN1 and MMBN5 got DS enhanced versions. Starforce is entirely on DS, so I'm interested in how they handle it.

MMZX and MMZXA are DS games, so we have somewhat of an idea of how they'll handle the 2 screens. They have I think 8 presets for the presentation of it.
Don’t forget Team Sega (well sorta): :ultsonic::ultbayonetta::ultjoker:

I say sorta cause Bayonetta is only published by Sega and Joker’s parent company, Atlus, is owned by Sega

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Since we are talking Fatal Fury. Here are sprites I made back in 2006. We have our Gungrave to the truck, but there is Fatal Fury movie sprites. and FFT sprites. So many old series. Wish the movie would get a nod in the series. was such a good campy movie.
You get a like solely because of that dude Raziel. Kain too(he's also got a cool design), but Raziel's design is really neat.

D

Deleted member

Alright I decided upon my Dragon Quest 3 party.

First is the Erdrick. For this adventure, I named her Kasumi in honor of Gentlepanda Gentlepanda one day maybe not really getting her for Smash.

erdrick.png

Next up is my brother's choice. Ride or die, I will be using Pennywise the Gadabout. Gadabouts are easily the worst class starting out because they sometimes just don't attack and will occasionally put themselves in sleep status. Their defence and attack suck and their only utility comes when you want to reclass them out of Gadabout.

pennywise.png

Up next is Hilda the Warrior, courtesy of Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen . Her utility will be to hit enemies really hard with a weapon and T-pose in order to soak up all of the damage my weaker units could face.
hilda.png

Finally is ♥♪!? the Priest. The star spirit who possesses a living anime nun and decides to roll with it to save the world from monsters. Courtesy of @ShotoStar: Endgame for reminding me I had a Geno bet going on.

geno.png

Overall, I'm liking my party. Thanks for all of the suggestions, y'all. Really helped bridge my excitement for this game.

Last edited by a moderator:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I mean, why not. Just make them separate downloads triggered via inserting the cartridge. And the Switch is just as powerful as a 360, so they can all probably run.
The Switch could certainly run them--the problem is, from what I know, porting a game is still a very labor-intensive process, and in some cases, it's like having to build a lot of it from scratch. Which is hard enough for N64 games, it's even more difficult for Xbox 360 games--which is why I think they were emulated in the first place. Again, don't know the technical details, but I'm not sure how much effort Rare would want to put into that. The fact they worked so closely with Nintendo on Smash does give me some hope, though.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Maybe not considering Joker is a DLC fighter and there’s the possibility not everyone has downloaded him.
Even if you haven't bought him, having a fully updated game means you still have his model, textures, sounds, code. The download you get from purchasing Joker/the FP is just an extra line of code telling the game to unlock him.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Alright I decided upon my Dragon Quest 3 party.

First is the Erdrick. For this adventure, I named her Kasumi in honor of Gentlepanda Gentlepanda one day maybe not really getting her for Smash.

View attachment 238283

Next up is my brother's choice. Ride or die, I will be using Pennywise the Gadabout. Gadabouts are easily the worst class starting out because they sometimes just don't attack and will occasionally put themselves in sleep status. Their defence and attack suck and their only utility comes when you want to reclass them out of Gadabout.

View attachment 238284

Up next is Hilda the Warrior, courtesy of Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen . Her utility will be to hit enemies really hard with a weapon and T-pose in order to soak up all of the damage my weaker units could face.
View attachment 238285

Finally is ♥♪!? the Priest. The star spirit who possesses a living anime nun and decides to roll with it to save the world from monsters. Courtesy of @ShotoStar: Endgame for reminding me I had a Geno bet going on.

View attachment 238286

Overall, I'm liking my party. Thanks for all of the suggestions, y'all. Really helped bridge my excitement for this game.

Ghandidalf lives on in our hearts

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Currently looking up other restaurants I haven't been to. Finally decided I wanna try being more variable then going to the usual places like fast food restaurants, Montana's, AppleBees, Kelsey's, Wacky's and such.

Few that caught my eye.

El Tres
The Madhouse
The Sovereign

There was also The Foundry but didn't have anything that appeals to me plus I'm more limited due to being vegetarian.

Gonna try El Tres first. Its a Mexican restaurant and I'm curious about their veggie tacos there.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Ever notice how both K Rool and Banjo Kazooie kinda died after 2008 only to be revived my Smash?

And they’re both Rare characters too.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The Switch could certainly run them--the problem is, from what I know, porting a game is still a very labor-intensive process, and in some cases, it's like having to build a lot of it from scratch. Which is hard enough for N64 games, it's even more difficult for Xbox 360 games--which is why I think they were emulated in the first place. Again, don't know the technical details, but I'm not sure how much effort Rare would want to put into that. The fact they worked so closely with Nintendo on Smash does give me some hope, though.
Solution. Make a 360 emulator program for the Switch.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ever notice how both K Rool and Banjo Kazooie kinda died after 2008 only to be revived my Smash?

And they’re both Rare characters too.
Never got why Miyamoto suggested replacing the Kremlings for DKCR. It's not like Mario ever deals with a new main enemy in platformers, and K.Rool's gimmick is usually swapping outfits/personas so he's rarely(uh ha ha), doing the same exact thing. At least the Snomads in Tropical Freeze were pretty sick, so that's a new group of villains that actually worked out.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
The next logical step for DK was for him to traverse the Solar System and then punch the planets into each other like a giant billiards game to knock the villain into the next galaxy.

What? He's already punched the Moon. Not totally outlandish

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The next logical step for DK was for him to traverse the Solar System and then punch the planets into each other like a giant billiards game to knock the villain into the next galaxy.

What? He's already punched the Moon. Not totally outlandish
That sounds like some Asura's Wrath tech.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Never got why Miyamoto suggested replacing the Kremlings for DKCR. It's not like Mario ever deals with a new main enemy in platformers, and K.Rool's gimmick is usually swapping outfits/personas so he's rarely(uh ha ha), doing the same exact thing. At least the Snomads in Tropical Freeze were pretty sick, so that's a new group of villains that actually worked out.
You just know there's gonna be a third Retro DKC game titled Donkey Kong Country: K. Rool Returns now.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
For my 21st birthday I went to a barcade and played a bunch of different cabinets, played a Fatal Fury game for the first time since Terry is in Smash now. Also I took a quick picture of Terry in between matches.
8E072D8D-DB0F-482B-A4C5-A5CB6B459679.jpeg

Got to say that Metal Slug is still by far my favorite SNK series, I beat Metal Slug X with my brother while we were there and it was a lot of fun but my hands might have arthritis now haha.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
For my 21st birthday I went to a barcade and played a bunch of different cabinets, played a Fatal Fury game for the first time since Terry is in Smash now. Also I took a quick picture of Terry in between matches. View attachment 238290

Got to say that Metal Slug is still by far my favorite SNK series, I beat Metal Slug X with my brother while we were there and it was a lot of fun but my hands might have arthritis now haha.
That's pretty cool man! I heard some really good things about Metal Slug, though I know more a bit more about Contra. If I did play a Metal Slug title, it was a LONG time ago.

Still funny how Terry's been drawn younger when he got older like in games like Garou.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For my 21st birthday I went to a barcade and played a bunch of different cabinets, played a Fatal Fury game for the first time since Terry is in Smash now. Also I took a quick picture of Terry in between matches. View attachment 238290

Man. I'd kill to play another Metal Slugs arcade machine so it could sink about $10-15

Iridium

Smash Hero
It already feels like I was gone for so long, and it's only been a day.

Anyway, I think I've settled on :ultlink::ultcloud::ultroy::ultchrom: as "mains". There isn't much of a difference when I play Roy or Chrom, but I can't leave either. After that is an assortment of characters (:ultyounglink::ulttoonlink::ultmewtwo::ultshulk::ultmarth::ultgreninja:, etc.) for me.

It's been years since I had the time to play anything SNK related. Maybe I'll come back too.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It already feels like I was gone for so long, and it's only been a day.

Anyway, I think I've settled on :ultlink::ultcloud::ultroy::ultchrom: as "mains". There isn't much of a difference when I play Roy or Chrom, but I can't leave either. After that is an assortment of characters (:ultyounglink::ulttoonlink::ultmewtwo::ultshulk::ultmarth::ultgreninja:, etc.) for me.

It's been years since I had the time to play anything SNK related. Maybe I'll come back too.
I'm noticing a theme here. Jokes aside though, 4 "mains" isn't too out there. Most games I play tend to use 2 or 3 mains, with a pool of characters I play a fair bit but not nearly as much as those mains.

Since you're a sword guy, anyone else in particular, aside from Dark Link you interested in.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
OK. So far Banjo-Tooie is a good game. But these FPS segments were just not a good idea. Definatley needs some polishing up and re-working of the mechanics if the games get remade like Crash and Spyro.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
o,o I mean, me being Mexican and have eaten actual tacos, it's so odd to me to see "Veggie" tacos. xD Though, I do hope they turn out to be good!
Veggie tacos are what I have every Tuesday. Ya know Taco Tuesday.

One of my favorite foods with doritos, licorice and Subway sandwiches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom