• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I say it's pretty likely.

Unlike Banjo & Kazooke, Nintendo doesn't need Microsoft's permission to use Donkey Kong characters.
I meant to have a game that has all the rare characters together. Banjo, Conker, Battletoads, Killer Instinct, Perfect Dark and the like. It would be cool to have Donkey Kong involved in such a project.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I meant to have a game that has all the rare characters together. Banjo, Conker, Battletoads, Killer Instinct, Perfect Dark and the like. It would be cool to have Donkey Kong involved in such a project.
Not really the same thing, but I thought it’d be cool to release a Rare Replay Deluxe of sorts for Switch next year, for Rare’s 35th Anniversary.

And since it’s for the 35th Anniversary and not the 30th, it’d need five extra games to have a total of 35 games. Being on a Nintendo system, those games would be the DKC Trilogy, DK64, and Diddy Kong Racing.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Not really the same thing, but I thought it’d be cool to release a Rare Replay Deluxe of sorts for Switch next year, for Rare’s 35th Anniversary.

And since it’s for the 35th Anniversary and not the 30th, it’d need five extra games to have a total of 35 games. Being on a Nintendo system, those games would be the DKC Trilogy, DK64, and Diddy Kong Racing.
It would be really cool if they could pull a hat trick and somehow get Danjaq to let them add in Goldeneye 007. But yeah, that's probably the best way to do that particular idea. Although it would be weird to launch a major Rare project on Switch the same year as the launch of the Scarlett.

Not to mention, I still really really REALLY want Banjo Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie to get remade Crash and Spyro style

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Looks like it could be interesting, though I'm surprised at the lack of JoJo relative to what I was expecting (it only goes up to part 3), and they don't even have all of the Straw Hat Pirates from One Piece, which seems odd. And there's no Gai from Naruto or Kenpachi from Bleach!

Also, they included Mineta from MHA, which seems like a downside considering that he's The Worst.
Yeah, there are some weird omissions (I'm personally missing Rob Lucci from One Piece, and Najimi Ajimu from Medaka Box), but they are still adding characters, so we could see them later.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

IMO, they should add the Killer Instinct games too(just the Nintendo ones, since the latest KI is a main Xbox One product).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's also a game that's basically dead. Putting it on Switch is not hurting anybody.

Not to mention I really really really love that game and would love to play it on the go.
I can understand not porting KI 2013 over. Dead or not, it's still a download on the system. Gotta have exclusives too. Doesn't apply to the old games, which isn't a real exclusive by any means.

It'd be neat, though. I mean, I have the Definitive Edition now, though, so...

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I can understand not porting KI 2013 over. Dead or not, it's still a download on the system. Gotta have exclusives too. Doesn't apply to the old games, which isn't a real exclusive by any means.

It'd be neat, though. I mean, I have the Definitive Edition now, though, so...
When you're not even going to be selling a system anymore, who cares if it has exclusives?

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Exclusives are always selling consoles, even if it's much slower, or hell, if the next game isn't even out yet.
Your logic fails. Once the skarlett is on shelves, the only people making money off of sales of the Xbox One will be third party used games stores. It makes sense to port old exclusives to newer systems when their first system dies, so it can start making money selling your new system.

Also, the Switch and the Xbox don't compete. Like at all. They barely get any of the same games, and when they do it's a significant amount of time after the PS4 and Xbox versions have amassed the lions share of profits. It's why MS and Nintendo are so chummy to begin with.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

It's unreal how good this game looks. Still can't believe that we can play the first part of this next year.

Don't **** this up Square or I will **** YOU up

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Your logic fails. Once the skarlett is on shelves, the only people making money off of sales of the Xbox One will be third party used games stores. It makes sense to port old exclusives to newer systems when their first system dies, so it can start making money selling your new system.

Also, the Switch and the Xbox don't compete. Like at all. They barely get any of the same games, and when they do it's a significant amount of time after the PS4 and Xbox versions have amassed the lions share of profits. It's why MS and Nintendo are so chummy to begin with.
Which is why Gamecube games are super easy to get your hands on!

Seriously **** Nintendo's ass backwards mentality about old games, not even Mario Sunshine is available to buy anymore

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ok so, aside from Banjo-Kazooie’s codename being “buddy” and the online 3v3 “convention” mode, has anything else new and interesting surfaced from data mining or is that all?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Which is why Gamecube games are super easy to get your hands on!

Seriously **** Nintendo's *** backwards mentality about old games, not even Mario Sunshine is available to buy anymore
Okay. But we aren't talking about Nintendo. We're talking about Microsoft bringing Killer Instinct (2013) to the Switch. They do ports like that all the time. Like it only took a year for them to get the Master Chief collection on Xbox One. And if they don't see the Switch as real competition, It makes sense for them to make some extra profits by porting some of their last-gen exclusives to it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Teenagers freak me out.

Babies? Adorable.
Kids? Also Adorable.
Adults? If they’re cool then we get along fine.

But teenagers induce so much anxiety within me it’s insane.

D

Deleted member

Ok so, aside from Banjo-Kazooie’s codename being “buddy” and the online 3v3 “convention” mode, has anything else new and interesting surfaced from data mining or is that all?
Actually yeah! Dataminers uncovered a new codename I'm surprised nobody brought up yet. Yes it's a fighter. Their nickname is "roll," which leads me to think we'll get a Sonic character or maybe Roll from Megaman. Kind of disappointing if that's the case, though.

Papagenos goes over it exclusive detail.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Actually yeah! Dataminers uncovered a new codename I'm surprised nobody brought up yet. Yes it's a fighter. Their nickname is "roll," which leads me to think we'll get a Sonic character or maybe Roll from Megaman. Kind of disappointing if that's the case, though.

My dude I've seen people get banned for this ****. Don't know why cause it's an awesome song

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Teenagers freak me out.

Babies? Adorable.
Kids? Also Adorable.

That's because 13 year olds know exactly what you don't like about you. They just need to look at you and go "hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha that man has feminine hips!" STOP IT THAT'S THE THING I'M SENSITIVE ABOUT*

John Mulaney the most famous Asian American woman

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Lol you know there's an actual infraction for Rick Rolling right?

D

Deleted member

Teenagers freak me out.

Babies? Adorable.
Kids? Also Adorable.

Teenagers crack me up. Even in high school, the dumb stuff people did and say were always hilarious.

That's not an issue when I'm meerly linking to a reputable smash leaker source known as Papagenos.

D

Deleted member

Man, when I was a teenager, I had people do whatever the **** I wanted them to as I'd bring packets of instant noodles with me for lunch and my classmates REALLY wanted that ****
Entrepreneur, aren't you. I should take notes

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
That's really dumb.

Like, I get that it's probably because people would spam that **** in the past and it became old real quick, but I don't think one showing up every now and then is worthy of an infraction.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

****, I never realized it's their 35th anniversary next year, and I had wondered how they would handle the 5 DK games that weren't previously included, thinking they would replace the Xbox 360 games. But, that makes a whole lot of sense.

Though, I don't expect all 30 of those on Rare Replay to be ported over, as they were emulated on the Xbox 360, so it may end up being a missed opportunity. But ****, that's so perfect.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Also same here. People seem to ignore me for the most part, though, which is nice.
See that’s my thing, I’m too much of a bombastic presence. I can’t be ignored because I’m always trying to entertain people.

Good thing the few people I’ve met have been into it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
****, I never realized it's their 35th anniversary next year, and I had wondered how they would handle the 5 DK games that weren't previously included, thinking they would replace the Xbox 360 games. But, that makes a whole lot of sense.

Though, I don't expect all 30 of those on Rare Replay to be ported over, as they were emulated on the Xbox 360, so it may end up being a missed opportunity. But ****, that's so perfect.
I mean, why not. Just make them separate downloads triggered via inserting the cartridge. And the Switch is just as powerful as a 360, so they can all probably run.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Now that Smash DLC is back in motion, I've decided to bring back my wishlist image back in my signature (this time it's 10 characters rather than 5)

Wasn't easy to make when many of my real wants are Assist Trophies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom