• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Soon as in the same time as the other 3 Heroes?
Terry is Soon™

Arusu/Solo/Eight are Soon

There's a big difference there. I assume you can guess which is sooner.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I just need to vent that spirit mode ****ing sucks. It sounded stupid when it was first announced, and it's frustratingly stupid actually playing it. There are some neat ideas involved, but it's just a ****ing mess.

And not looking for an argument, just needed to vent instead of snapping my Switch in two. :upsidedown:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
A shame they haven't made a proper follow up to Jump Ultimate Stars. That game was a GOAT. They have so much more material to work with, even for the series that was in JUS, between all the wacky forms Goku, Luffy, Naruto and so on get. Or even simple stuff like Ult. Gohan and Kuwabara. Not to mention if they either made the rest of the Stardust Crusaders playable, or a couple of the other JoJo protagonists. I'd run a team of Gohan, Josuke and Hiei for sure.

For newer series stuff like Toriko, MHA, Black Clover and so on could have been thrown in.
That would be great! I don't know much about the series that are currently running in Jump aside from One Piece and My Hero Academia, but Jump Ultimate Stars is literally the only game that I've imported from Japan, and it was more than worth it.

Given how much series like One Piece (I think JUS came out near the end of the Enies Lobby arc), Naruto (the time-skip had just happened), and Bleach (I have no idea, but based on the panels used, Soul Society likely had ended recently) had expanded since then (even Dragon Ball, though I'm not sure if they'd count the movies or Super), how much JoJo's Bizarre Adventure has exploded in terms of popularity, and the potential inclusion of newer series like My Hero Academia, Toriko, or Beelzebub (as much as I'd love for it to happen, I don't think One Punch Man could be included since it's in a different magazine), I'd be interested to see them make a new one.

Though I feel like there'd be at least one big loss - Shaman King is now owned by another company (I want to say Kodansha?), meaning that they couldn't be included.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Now that Andy’s grown up, the toys are with Bonnie. But what happens when Bonnie grows up? Do they go to another kid? And what happens when that kid grows up? Can toys die? Do they live forever, being passed down from kid to kid until eventually they end up in a garbage dump somewhere and rot?

D

Deleted member

Now that Andy’s grown up, the toys are with Bonnie. But what happens when Bonnie grows up? Do they go to another kid? And what happens when that kid grows up? Can toys die? Do they live forever, being passed down from kid to kid until eventually they end up in a garbage dump somewhere and rot?
Did you watch Toy Story 4 to the end?
if not I won't spoil

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Bonnie makes some poor life decisions, so the toys leave so they don’t have to be involved in her *cough* weird roleplays.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
The toys are immortal if they're taken care of. Woody is almost 60 years old and looks brand new. And technically, since Forky came alive from literal trash, you could reanimate a broken or destroyed toy back to life.

Basically, Sid confirmed to us in the first movie that the only way to kill a toy is to strap explosives on their back.

D

Deleted member

Damn did you all hear about the news? I can't believe people don't believe in Global Warming after Yinowi Strait. It's truly tragic and it's insanely depressing. Massive F.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That would be great! I don't know much about the series that are currently running in Jump aside from One Piece and My Hero Academia, but Jump Ultimate Stars is literally the only game that I've imported from Japan, and it was more than worth it.

Given how much series like One Piece (I think JUS came out near the end of the Enies Lobby arc), Naruto (the time-skip had just happened), and Bleach (I have no idea, but based on the panels used, Soul Society likely had ended recently) had expanded since then (even Dragon Ball, though I'm not sure if they'd count the movies or Super), how much JoJo's Bizarre Adventure has exploded in terms of popularity, and the potential inclusion of newer series like My Hero Academia, Toriko, or Beelzebub (as much as I'd love for it to happen, I don't think One Punch Man could be included since it's in a different magazine), I'd be interested to see them make a new one.

Though I feel like there'd be at least one big loss - Shaman King is now owned by another company (I want to say Kodansha?), meaning that they couldn't be included.
Considering some of the recent crossovers used Super Saiyan Blue, I would say they'd be open to newer Dragon Ball stuff. If it's entire characters, I'd take Hit since he's a pretty cool new edition.

Had no idea about the Shaman King situation.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Wait, we have a classic gameplay style for FFVII Remake? Could I get some details on how it works? The lack of it was my main turn-off from the remake. I'm a huge fan of turn-based to begin with.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Here's some stuff from Mega Man X Dive with Giga Mega Man X and Black Zero.

Double Charge Shot Baaaaaaybeeeee.

The soundtrack also has a new remix of the Jakob Elevator from Mega Man X8.

EDIT: There's a Woodman cover, the MHX Version of Central Highway and Storm Eagle, and Storm Owl's original theme too.
I regret not having a normal Google Account as I'm loving those remixes. I'm loving their takes on tunes from the ZX series

Considering this thread, I'm surprised no one has posted pictures of Rico. I can tell the localization has a long way to go, but they are having a lot of fun:

https://twitter.com/Reploid_21XX/status/1172502718268760066
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EEOpRhwWsAEWeSw?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EEO0Ox4WkAMTu22?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Wait, we have a classic gameplay style for FFVII Remake? Could I get some details on how it works? The lack of it was my main turn-off from the remake. I'm a huge fan of turn-based to begin with.
The game plays itself for the most part until you turn on ATB where the world pauses and you do something.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero

While it's not a fighting game and the quality is up for debate, I have been playing a gacha game called Jumputi Heroes, that features characters from pretty much all the notable Shonen Jump series, even some obscure ones like Outer Zone.

Here's a list of all the characters in it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
A shame they haven't made a proper follow up to Jump Ultimate Stars. That game was a GOAT. They have so much more material to work with, even for the series that was in JUS, between all the wacky forms Goku, Luffy, Naruto and so on get. Or even simple stuff like Ult. Gohan and Kuwabara. Not to mention if they either made the rest of the Stardust Crusaders playable, or a couple of the other JoJo protagonists. I'd run a team of Gohan, Josuke and Hiei for sure.

For newer series stuff like Toriko, MHA, Black Clover and so on could have been thrown in.
I still think a DC Comics vs. Shonen Jump Fighting Game would rock.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Soulja boy was here but he left
Something something more Nintendo talk? I wasn't paying attention either lol. Been on discord and watching Overwatch League.
Been listening to the new Guilty Gear trailer for 10 minutes cause that is bull**** BLAAAAZIIIIING
Myself just having chilled today, went to the mall (After missing the bus earlier), decided to try out a veggie taco at TacoTime for the first time in the food court, then bought Subway for supper later tonight before coming home and bonding with the dogs for a bit along with having played with them earlier today.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
While it's not a fighting game and the quality is up for debate, I have been playing a gacha game called Jumputi Heroes, that features characters from pretty much all the notable Shonen Jump series, even some obscure ones like Outer Zone.

Here's a list of all the characters in it.
Looks like it could be interesting, though I'm surprised at the lack of JoJo relative to what I was expecting (it only goes up to part 3), and they don't even have all of the Straw Hat Pirates from One Piece, which seems odd. And there's no Gai from Naruto or Kenpachi from Bleach!

Also, they included Mineta from MHA, which seems like a downside considering that he's The Worst.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I’m currently at a friend’s birthday party, and we were all playing Smash. Lemme say, it’s hard to play when there are 8 players.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Same energy.
That's legit almost uncanny....

Oh, yeah, speaking of the DuckTales S2 finale:

Donald being a castaway with a watermelon Wilson shaped like Mickey Mouse's head (complete with the voice) was the most hilariously glorious thing this show has ever done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom