• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

The Pokémon sub is pissed.

Because of curry.

They’re seriously freaking out because of the curry

Reddit is beyond saving lmao
Ignore them and just celebrate Sans and Banjo in less than an hour and a half.

Also consider picking DQXI S so we get the Erdrick trilogy ports outside of Japan pls.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I really should be nothing but happy that Sans is a Mii Costume and we have Megalovania in, but... I just feel sad that Undertale, my only Semi-Realistic hope for the DLC, is dead for the rest of the Smash 5 run. Now all have left are Maxwell and a bunch of characters from franchises already in. And if an Undertale character gets in a future game, it just won't have the same impact it would asif it was brand new to Smash.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
OK, so ignoring challenger #5, that leaves us with exactly 10 slots.

And I'm also assuming echo fighters take up a slot of their own as well, so that's a max of 10 characters that COULD be added in.

Of course they could add more on top of that, but we definitely know now that there's definitely room for quite a few more characters.
Echo Fighters are kind of in a gray area with DLC. The only reason they exist is because Sakurai had extra time to flesh out the base roster. No telling how he'll view them with DLC.

Regardless, we're getting ahead of ourselves. We don't know for certain how many of these 10 slots will be used. Could be all ten, or it could just be three. Just to be safe, let's not assume too much.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
When you realize Terry only got invited into Smash because the other Fatal Fury/KoF characters suck at catching a piece of paper.

D

Deleted member

Toby made some tweets about hanging out with Sakurai. Sakurai seems like a such a wholesome man.

D

Deleted member

I still doubt it tbh, he was emphasizing pretty heavily the new worlds joining smash
Technically Fodlan is a new world to Fire Emblem. ;)

But yeah, I think we're gonna be looking forward to mostly new series except Geno because I'm biased.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
This is possibly the most wholesome string of tweets I have read.

Last edited:

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
I didn't care too much about the rest of the Direct, but, oh boy, I'm more than happy. Terry looks wild the little they showed, more fighters (I can't believe it) and Banjo-Kazooie are here.
This freaking game isn't normal.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
megalovania remix

Someone on twitter just mention how this track has its own icon unlike the other series on the site (Which don’t have their own icons from series without a fighter).

Which probably implies that Frisk is somehow gonna be playable.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
The Pokémon sub is pissed.

Because of curry.

They’re seriously freaking out because of the curry

Reddit is beyond saving lmao
my man I'd take curry over pokemon any day make those pokemon into curry for all I care I love food in games

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
someone rip terry's render from the website

THAT **** LOOKS SO CLEAN

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
...Terry Bogard in Smash with even more DLC fighters on the way, SNES Online games FINALLY making their way to the subscription service after a year of waiting, and Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition coming out of complete nowhere?

Yeah, I'm pretty ******* happy right now.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Someone on twitter just mention how this track has its own icon unlike the other series on the site (Which don’t have their own icons from series without a fighter).

Which probably implies that Frisk is somehow gonna be playable.
The Mii series has it's own icon, and it only has music tracks and a stage. I wouldn't bet on it.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Echo Fighters are kind of in a gray area with DLC. The only reason they exist is because Sakurai had extra time to flesh out the base roster. No telling how he'll view them with DLC.

Regardless, we're getting ahead of ourselves. We don't know for certain how many of these 10 slots will be used. Could be all ten, or it could just be three. Just to be safe, let's not assume too much.
That's why I emphasized COULD in my original statement. I'm not assuming anything rn.

And honestly, this is exactly the time to start thinking/speculating again. Because for the first time in a VERY long time, speculation is 100% up in the air.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
so is there a reason terry doesn't have a symbol on the website

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Okay. I'm pretty set on Doom Slayer being the fifth piece of the puzzle with Geno and Bandana Dee to boot after the Pass.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai just went Namco for the fifth rep so Lloyd and the gang could return as Mii Costumes.
He said he wants to bring more world together. What that means, we can only guess. And I would love to have Geno. But I think he’s dead set on bringing as many new franchises into Smash as possible. So DoomSlayer AND Namco are both on the table. As is, well, every major gaming franchise that isn’t already in Smash in some way.

so is there a reason terry doesn't have a symbol on the website
Not ready yet?

Is the update out yet?

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I still doubt it tbh, he was emphasizing pretty heavily the new worlds joining smash
If he had said "new franchises", I'd be a little more worried. What he ended up saying though was "new game worlds", which could be interpreted multiple ways. You could argue that Three Houses and SwSh have their own "game world".

But surely Sakurai isn't going to ignore Nintendo's own franchises entirely with this DLC. He added Corrin for the sole purpose of adding someone from one of Nintendo's newest games, so that shows that he's considering the fans of Nintendo games too, not just those of third-parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom