• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
**** all y'all other ****.

The ****ing GOAT
BIONIS SHOULDER IN THE GAME NOW??????????

Is this gonna be some meme post-game content or is there gonna be actual ****ing lore with the Shoulder this time.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Someone on twitter just mention how this track has its own icon unlike the other series on the site (Which don’t have their own icons from series without a fighter).

Which probably implies that Frisk is somehow gonna be playable.
While this doesn't confirm anything, I can only hope and dream that it just might be true. Frisk being playable would single handedly make me go full on hype mode.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Words cannont describe the utter excitement I went through in the past few minutes, I mean.....

Holy S**t, guys..

Like...

HOLY ****ing S**T!!!

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I can now legitimately be salty that there's no shovel knight music, I'm mad, sad, but still glad

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
actually yeah that megalovania remix ain't the real one

****ing wild timing to be uploaded on august 28 tho

Skyline1992

Smash Apprentice
Kinda disappointed we still haven't seen any of the evolutions to the Gen 8 starters. I'm guess the middle stage evolutions will shown in October and the final evolutions will be shown a week before the games come out.

D

Deleted member

Real talk, Banjo's moveset looked pretty bad in terms of utility, but I am glad they made a gimmickless DLC fighter. Sometimes, simple is better.
I think he'll be at least decent. Breegul Blaster and Golden Feathers look honestly kinda busted and I'm sure there'll be some dragdown shenanigans with nair and bair. But yeah after the Hero clownfiesta I think a little palette cleanser isn't bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Real talk, Banjo's moveset looked pretty bad in terms of utility, but I am glad they made a gimmickless DLC fighter. Sometimes, simple is better.
Banjo definitely won't be top tier, but that's okay. Seems like Sakurai handled the two like he did K. Rool in the sense that nostalgia was prioritized over utility.

Shroob

Sup?
So

I was expecting December for Terry

But he's coming November.

November's not going to have a Direct

But they're not going to leave us hanging with nothing to look forward to after his presentation

Fellas....

I'm scared

StormC

Smash Hero
So

But they're not going to leave us hanging with nothing to look forward to after his presentation

Fellas....

I'm scared
Seems likely they could announce fighter 5 at the end of Terry's presentation.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So

Fellas....

I'm scared
How is Sakurai doing things ahead of schedule

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I don’t know. The DLC Characters we have so far (Piranha Plant is treated moreso like a Base character rather than DLC due to being developed before release) have pretty huge hitboxes compared to the rest of the cast.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
So

Fellas....

I'm scared
Yeah... we're gonna get a Fighter 5 reveal probably around Terry's release date, which is not far away at all.

And as for anything beyond that... we'll see.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Banjo pretty much plays how he might have if he was included in 64 or Melee. I think it's perfect.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
what gimmick could they have even given him

like seriously, banjo doesnt have much he could take advantage of for a full gimmicky character, he's so simple

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

like seriously, banjo doesnt have much he could take advantage of for a full gimmicky character, he's so simple
I'm gonna say this one more time before I let it die

The Bear Guage. Fill it up to unleash your primal rage.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I still doubt it tbh, he was emphasizing pretty heavily the new worlds joining smash
Can we somehow pin this post to the top of the forum? This point needs to be drilled into everyone’s minds. Like a Bill Drill on your brain.

I wonder how many new fighters will join? You think we’ll get another pass of 5? Or will he disseminate the content in some other way?

D

Deleted member

Can we somehow pin this post to the top of the forum? This point needs to be drilled into everyone’s minds. Like a Bill Drill on your brain.

I wonder how many new fighters will join? You think we’ll get another pass of 5? Or will he disseminate the content in some other way?
Sakurai has at most 10 slots to work with. It would be wrong for us to assume he'll use all of them, so I'm thinking 2 at minimum.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So uh.

I still expect all 3rd parties. Except MAYBE, maybe, Astral Chain.

EDIT: I'm personally expecting a 2nd Fighter Pass. Like Season 2.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Aw Max c'mon you're making me all misty eyed

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Will Will what are the best games to play to familiarize myself with Terry? Hit me.
any fatal fury game from the 90s or just play KoV 14? If you really wanna know Terry's story, you gotta play the games chronologically.

terry just trains martial arts to beat up geese cause he killed his daaaaaaad

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Guys I'm so ****ing happy Sans is kind of in.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Jiggies that he has to collect.
Banjo definitely won't be top tier, but that's okay. Seems like Sakurai handled the two like he did K. Rool in the sense that nostalgia was prioritized over utility.
I can get behind this. Obviously, Nostalgia is the main priority for Banjo, just like attention to detail and RPG mechanics where to Joker and Hero.

I guess Terry would be... fighting game mechanics?

D

Deleted member

i mean it's the exact version from the trailer so i'm not sure what to tell you

edit: actually not sure on that one
Hope it does not seem like I'm trying to spoil all the fun.

I suppose we can wait and see.

D

Deleted member

So uh.

I still expect all 3rd parties. Except MAYBE, maybe, Astral Chain.
Kind of want Three Houses now that it's not taking up the final slot. I still think Fire Emblem has to get a rep on the basis of it being Fire Emblem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom