• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

MainJPW

M.T.A
I feel like we're reaching MUGEN levels in terms of character roster:
-Sonic
-Pacman
-Megaman
-Terry
-Banjo
-DQ Hero
-Joker
-Cloud Strife
-Mario
-Bayonetta
-Simon
-Ryu
Like, imagine if someone told you 10 years ago that this was the character roster of a fighting game...
We definitely hit that point with Terry. KoF stages were some of the most popular to download from what I remember.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I'm glad we got a full on Sans costume, instead of just like, a jacket and a Sans themed hat. He looks like Sans instead of a dude dressed up as Sans, and that's pretty good, in my opinion.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
His spirit has the Mario mushroom symbol, but his series is specifically labeled under the Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars series. It really is up in the ****ing air with him since his Mii costume isn't back.
I feel like the series listing is probably some weird Square Enix stuff with how they can use him

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I know most of you are not SNK fans, but you do not know how awesome it is to have

CAPCOM vs SNK

in my smash game. I lived for Fatal Fury in the 90's and 00's. I bought Mark of the Wolves on the Dreamcast. I am super excited to have Ryu vs Terry. IN MY SMASH!

D

Deleted member

Geno thread probably wilin’
Dude they're beyond ecstatic. The general consensus was that Erdrick shot his chances to 3% and that it would only rise again if more characters were available.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
You know what this means, fellow Smashboarders.

MORE GAMBLING
In case anyone doesn't know, I don't care about this account. So I'll bet it on Sora.

If Sora isn't in the game as a playable, unique character I will delete my account.

I can feel it. He's coming home.

D

Deleted member

I know most of you are not SNK fans, but you do not know how awesome it is to have

CAPCOM vs SNK

in my smash game. I lived for Fatal Fury in the 90's and 00's. I bought Mark of the Wolves on the Dreamcast. I am super excited to have Ryu vs Terry. IN MY SMASH!
Tfw Namco and Nintendo make new Capcom vs SNK games before Capcom or SNK

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I feel like it was pretty clear he was referring to new franchises. He's said before that he wants to create the greatest crossover game, and more third parties are the way to do that. It's possible there could be new 1st party characters, but I honestly doubt it.
All I ask for you guys to keep an open mind, OK?

DLC speculation for the first time in a VERY long time is out in the open and, for the time being at least, we shouldn't eliminate anyone when all we have to go off of for future DLC is a couple of sentences from Sakurai.

When we get more precise info down the line, then we can accurately narrow it down.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
sakurai's about to go bankrupt for Geno tbh

square's gonna want his whole house just for an original remix of the forest theme

D

Deleted member

In case anyone doesn't know, I don't care about this account. So I'll bet it on Sora.

If Sora isn't in the game as a playable, unique character I will delete my account.

I'll take that bet since I do care about my account. If Sora is in as a playable character, echo or unique, I will delete my account. Bring it on, baby.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion

DLC speculation for the first time in a VERY long time is out in the open and, for the time being at least, we shouldn't eliminate anyone when all we have to go off of for future DLC is a couple of sentences from Sakurai.

When we get more precise info down the line, then we can accurately narrow it down.
I'm not saying it isn't possible, it is, but I don't think anyone should get their hopes up.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Yeah, I'm going to be honest folks. I absolutely think it's all 3rd parties with DLC. People said the exact same thing when Reggie said something along the lines of, "These are characters we haven't seen in Smash". it didn't rule out 1st parties, but I always felt that was implied.

3rd parties have much higher selling potential at this point. The question of, "How are they expanding this crossover even further?" is going to surround every single new reveal. I'll tell you right now, I'm going to support Edelgard as a playable character. I don't actually think she's going to happen.

We'll have had an entire DLC pack filled with 3rd Party content. This is after Reggie said what he did at the VGAs. Everybody denied the idea that it would be all 3rd parties. If the idea, as Sakurai put it, today is anything to go off of, "game worlds" refers (if you ask me) to franchises. New "game worlds" or "franchises" could include 1st parties, but it certainly doesn't suggest that adding another character from a 1st party represented in Smash is at all in the cards, let along somebody in as an Assist Trophy or Spirit.

Friends of mine interpreted it the same way. While I'm not surprised folks are optimistic about 1st parties being in the running, I think it's...optimistic at best. Really not trying to rain on the parade, but there are still picks out there that can take this crossover to a whole new level, and they don't come from Nintendo companies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Imagine being Sakurai and nabbing Sora, yet Disney can’t reach a deal to save Spider-Man with Sony

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Pretty much this. No use in jumping to conclusions when we have absolutely nothing to go off of except a vague statement. There's a lot of information we're missing, and I don't think we can get a solid idea of what to expect until the first one or two fighters after the pass are revealed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, I'm going to be honest folks. I absolutely think it's all 3rd parties with DLC. People said the exact same thing when Reggie said something along the lines of, "These are characters we haven't seen in Smash". it didn't rule out 1st parties, but I always felt that was implied.

3rd parties have much higher selling potential at this point. The question of, "How are they expanding this crossover even further?" is going to surround every single new reveal. I'll tell you right now, I'm going to support Edelgard as a playable character. I don't actually think she's going to happen.

We'll have had an entire DLC pack filled with 3rd Party content. This is after Reggie said what he did at the VGAs. Everybody denied the idea that it would be all 3rd parties. If the idea, as Sakurai put it, today is anything to go off of, "game worlds" refers (if you ask me) to franchises. New "game worlds" or "franchises" could include 1st parties, but it certainly doesn't suggest that adding another character from a 1st party represented in Smash is at all in the cards, let along somebody in as an Assist Trophy or Spirit.

Friends of mine interpreted it the same way. While I'm not surprised folks are optimistic about 1st parties being in the running, I think it's...optimistic at best. Really not trying to rain on the parade, but there are still picks out there that can take this crossover to a whole new level, and they don't come from Nintendo companies.
Again, the only "first party" I expect is Geno.

In fact, **** it. Here's the real bet and I want you all to see it.

If Geno is not a playable character in Smash Ultimate, I will delete my account.

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!

I think they’ll be one or two

But not a lot tbh

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
AH GOD THE CHARACTER SELECT SCREEN IS A ****ING NIGHTMARE NOW NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom