• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Spamming copypasta memes in response to people not knowing a character that is supposedly very well known and important to gaming history isn't, uh, a very good argument for them being deserving characters. Hell, the hoes mad thing caught on because there wasn't anything DQ-appropriate that people knew about to spam. The "fools begone" screencap is a tiny bit better because it actually relates to something from the series. You didn't see this kind of thing with Joker or Banjo Kazooie because people actually recognize them, whether or not they liked the characters.

tl;dr hoes don't even know who you are, don't be mad about it
Bro you're comparing individual characters to an entire Company and their IP catalog. Who off-hand sees Joker and goes "Ah yes, the Atlus character"? I guarantee you if the leak was Terry, Iori, or Kyo the majority of the internet would recognize them. This is quite a unique situation because the speculation has narrowed to the IP catalog of a single company, and folks are getting excited about the possibility of even obscure characters within that.

Not to mention getting this heated about a character getting in Smash when you don't know which character it is or if it's even SNK is rather silly.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Well, I'm going to bed.

Part of me kinda hopes the final character is something wacky if it's not Resident Evil. Throw the fanbase for one last loop.

Or, will the chaos actually ensue once the fanbase realizes there's one pick remaining, and only 1 of, like, 20 picks will be made. What will it be? Who will be forsaken?

It's a terrifying idea.

But really, don't **** on choices you don't have any experience with. Try to learn more about them before talking ****. I did that, and continue to do that with every pick, and that's why Ultimate it arguably my favorite game of all time. I love nearly every character in the roster.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Spamming copypasta memes in response to people not knowing a character that is supposedly very well known and important to gaming history isn't, uh, a very good argument for them being deserving characters. Hell, the hoes mad thing caught on because there wasn't anything DQ-appropriate that people knew about to spam. The "fools begone" screencap is a tiny bit better because it actually relates to something from the series. You didn't see this kind of thing with Joker or Banjo Kazooie because people actually recognize them, whether or not they liked the characters.

tl;dr hoes don't even know who you are, don't be mad about it
The picture just makes me laugh dude

And again it's so easy to play any SNK game now since they've been actively porting them to PC, Steam, and more, to say nothing of the ease of Neo Geo emulation.

Claiming not to know a character isn't really a good argument in the internet age, especially if the company itself is such a huge legacy company.
I get that negativity can be annoying sometimes, but a majority of this page has been mostly poking fun at people disappointed with SNK.

If you want more people to give SNK a chance, maybe try respecting the opinions of the users who don't like it (including the ones who make nastier comments) instead of dogpiling on them with rebuttals until you chase them off?
You can go on the eShop right now and buy Metal Slug X, one of the greatest co-op shooters ever, for less than ten dollars. You can pick up Garou: Mark of the Wolves for a similar price, or even play it on GamePass if you have an Xbox. Whatever genre you're into, there's an SNK, SNK-published, or Neo Geo game for that. I might find the WHINING FOOLS BEGONE picture funny but in the end I'm hyped for a company I like because I want to share the love.

D

Deleted member

I really hope for the SNK character to be real now that I'm imagining the possibilities of the chaos in the fanbase for Fighter 5.

Sakurai is pretty much going crashing the fanbase with no survivors.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
We're more than okay with saying you're disappointed or not interested.

When ya start flinging around words like "Literal who" or "Not deserving"

Well, I mean on a meta-physical level, no one really 'deserves' anything.
Just ignore them. Unless your goal is to cash in on the situation and get a lot of likes, just leave them be.

I promise you that you'll be much more effective in getting people excited for a character than you will typing a long 800 word response to anyone who says something you don't agree with.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
They always hop onboard once they see the moveset. Without fail.
Hey you know what.

This is true.

I know his haters are a minority, but they sure are jerks...maybe, when Steve gets in (most-likely next Smash tbh), a lot of them will come crawling to him, blessing the block boi. And they’ll finally make fanart of Banjo, Kazooie, and Steve as friends.

Banjo is already one of the official Minecraft skins, why isn’t this already a thing. Maybe it is and I’m just blind...

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Just ignore them. Unless your goal is to cash in on the situation and get a lot of likes, just leave them be.

I promise you that you'll be much more effective in getting people excited for a character than you will typing a long 800 word response to anyone who says something you don't agree with.
I mean that's the thing.

Most people here are either indifferent or on board with an idea.

We live in the age of the internet, where information is a single click away, if your first reaction is to say:

38c.jpg

And then pull the "I don't know them, they're not deserving"

Then ya gun catch these hands, boi

Noipoi

Howdy!
Today was a damn rush lmao

Our first legit leak since E3 and it’s from Ninty themselves.

You can’t make this crap up.

Actually you could.

Nintendo leaks their own material all the time.

StormC

Smash Hero
I was supposed to do **** today, you know?

Then I got caught up in the whirlwind of Smash leak posting.

This week can't be over soon enough.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I mean that's the thing.

Most people here are either indifferent or on board with an idea.

We live in the age of the internet, where information is a single click away, if your first reaction is to say:

And then pull the "I don't know them, they're not deserving"

Then ya gun catch these hands, boi
All I'll say is that people interpret things differently. If someone is saying stuff like "literally who" or "it doesn't deserve to get in Smash", then that's probably their way of venting their frustration, much like those who're excited for SNK might share their excitement by talking about the games they've played.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
What if you

Wanted to be productive

But Nintendo said

L E A K
Yesterday I was looking forward to Hayabusa.

Now I'm hoping the SNK character is somehow Mai.

I don't know what Smash is anymore. I think this speculation cycle broke my brain.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I am unable, fighter of 64 snakes.

I lack the required M O N I E S
I don’t fight 64 snakes. I’m the 64th Fighter of Snakes. We’re part of this whole legion and we fight the giant snakes that secretly live under the earths crust.

And if you need money, we are always looking for new recruits. Or you could always turn to the worlds oldest profession.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I should be asleep. I have a bad day of work soon at it's 3AM. But my god, Smashboards, you've ensnared me again.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Ultimate's freeze frames during kill screens are probably one of the best additions overall. Now you can really see the power of expression.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I still find it annoying when someone says “lol Stevebros and Steve fans LOL” and nobody bats an eye, but when someone does it to another character, everyone loses their minds.

Shroob

Sup?
All I'll say is that people interpret things differently. If someone is saying stuff like "literally who" or "it doesn't deserve to get in Smash", then that's probably their way of venting their frustration, much like those who're excited for SNK might share their excitement by talking about the games they've played.
Gonna be straight with ya.

I have about as much attachment to SNK as I do Dragon Quest or Persona 5, which is to say, none at all.

I still was and still am excited as all hell for these characters.

This community bunkers down around the same ten or so characters every game it feels like that when it's 'not' that.... Maybe it's just me but it feels like someone opened a window and left a nice breeze in.

I get it, everyone has characters that they want, I'm no different, but people need to not close themselves off to new ideas either.

Something something says a lot about our society something something

StormC

Smash Hero
I really wish the results of that were public. I’d say after Ultimate would be a good time to reveal that information.
lol they would never do that, people obviously gamed the system, the infighting in the fanbase would be catastrophic.

You'd get a lot of people saying X fanbase botted.

Shroob

Sup?
I don’t fight 64 snakes. I’m the 64th Fighter of Snakes. We’re part of this whole legion and we fight the giant snakes that secretly live under the earths crust.

And if you need money, we are always looking for new recruits. Or you could always turn to the worlds oldest profession.
download.jpg

Snake please I'm begging ya.

NerFox

Smash Cadet
To be honest I don’t know any characters from SNK (until now) but I’m not mad about it or think they’re automatically undeserving. I looked up Terry for example and while not on my wanted-list, I can definitly see him in Smash.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
No, I will not partake in Chicken opera.
Maybe it’s because it’s 3 in the morning. But that’s the funniest thing i’ve Ever heard!
Wait... it’s 3AM? TIME FOR A KRABBY PATTY!!!

Damn. My meats all frozen.
View attachment 236464

Snake please I'm begging ya.
Begging me to what? Carry on? I’d be happy to! You see when a bear and a bird love each other very much....

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Ahh, this remind me of the good ol days of the Grinch Leak....

In hindsight, this leak was a total mess, but good lord, we got some dang good Memes out of it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
It’s three in the damn morning I’m boutta head out.

I would like to personally thank Nintendo for providing leaks and reminding me why I came here in the first place. This thread is hilarious when things are actually happening.

It’s probably Terry, which I’m fine with, but I ain’t giving up on Nakoruru till the very end.

BIRDGANG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom