• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
So that 4chan leak was fake in the end, huh. Guess it's not a surprise.

But to be honest a part of me actually got a bit excited when I initially heard how it mentioned the 4th character would be a female that's "not a demanded character and will disappoint and confuse a lot of people," because this was the first character that came to my mind when I heard that:

And that additional bit about how that character has a "mecha" form made me a bit more excited because Noel does have a mecha form of sorts herself: Nu-12!

Yeah yeah, I know, I'm one of the few people that wants Noel in Smash...
Um ackshually you're thinking of Mu-12, with Nu-13 being another clone. *pushes up glasses*

I used to be waaaaaaaaay too into Blazblue. I lost interest with chronophantasma though.

4chan is a bad place where bad people like to go. People only post leaks there because anonymity is normal on that site. There's no accountability whether you're right or wrong. It's obnoxious how leaks posted there gain traction
I find that the niche communities on the site like the General threads in /tg/ can be great, but overall the site only gets worse and worse. I used to be able to recommend "yeah it's fine, just avoid /pol/ /b/ /r9k/ etc" but I don't do that anymore.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
while blizzard is on the brain, I've always secretly wanted Arthas in smash. Everyone talks about Thrall when it comes to Warcraft, but I think Arthas would be way cooler (pun potentially intended)

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Found a trailer for the compilation, don’t know when it’s coming out though. Apparently there’s a “Watch Mode” where you can fast forward to any point in the game and play it at any time (I can finally play the rest of Lion King past Level 2 and actually see the rest of the game) :lol:

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
while blizzard is on the brain, I've always secretly wanted Arthas in smash. Everyone talks about Thrall when it comes to Warcraft, but I think Arthas would be way cooler (pun potentially intended)
Oh for sure. Thrall is amazing (and the Horde is bae), but Arthas was a favorite of mine when I was younger.

I was always on the outside looking for WoW, as a fan of W3 but not a player of WoW. I kept up with the story though. I even gave the game a try last year with Legion and had a blast! Much less so with BFA.

I'm now on FF14 and having a great time, but I do miss the Warcraft universe.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Speak for yourself. I love leaks. Really wish NRS’s practices when it comes to DLC were more common.

Anyone else tuning in?
Yeesh, that reminds me... I technically have the Treasure Trove on my Wii U, but I haven't even finished Shovel Knight's campaign. Not that I was planning to 100% any of the characters' adventures, mind you. My skill in not-getting-hit only goes so far.

I'd like to see something with Shield Knight in the future. Maybe a What-If? game where you control her as opposed to the other Knights. I'd also like to see them try at a different kind of retro-style game using 32-bit graphics, or maybe a Metroidvania-style game.

I'd also like to see a Super Shovel Knight of sorts. Pretty much a SNES style game in the vein of something like Mega Man X
^ This is a good idea too ^

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
aight folks--after no small number of delays, the next AMA has been drawn, and it's...

1567015014694.png

Roguewolf Roguewolf !

provided roguewolf is around and still willing to participate, expect to see this going up in the next day or two

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Found a trailer for the compilation, don’t know when it’s coming out though. Apparently there’s a “Watch Mode” where you can fast forward to any point in the game and play it at any time (I can finally play the rest of Lion King past Level 2 and actually see the rest of the game) :lol:
It's awesome to see them being re-released, though I am a tad bummed that:

1. No NES versions despite being the same developer. Both are garbage, but it would have been nice to bring them over from PAL regions. Lion King is notable as the last officially licensed NES/FC game anywhere in the world.
2. No SNES Aladdin. I guess they couldn't work things out with Capcom or wanted more uniformity.
3. No Jungle Book or Pinocchio, also same developer.

Complaints aside, I'm definitely leaning towards picking these up. Hopefully they're released at a good price as the original carts go for about $30. The extra features are pretty cool and having access to the prototype Aladdin is nice for preservation.

Would love to see a Mickey/Donald collection of the Master System/Genesis titles, or a Magical Quest collection from Capcom.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Crystal, Mateus. An irl friend got me to join his FC lol.

Currently I'm in the post-ARR stuff and am having fun, but I can't wait to get to HW where the great stuff starts.
heavensward had me like

1567015209971.png

but then shadowbringers came along and had me like

1567015224733.png

we don't talk about stormblood

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
In every science class I take, the professor spends the whole first day going over the basics of the scientific method. It basically render the first day useless.
As somebody interested in science, and trying (and failing) to become a science teacher, that's unfortunate that's the impression. It's important to go over the basics, while giving students more flexibility to go beyond the basics. There are plenty of important aspects of the scientific method (e.g., the fact there's no such thing as a scientific "method") that could be taught, if a professor wasn't insistent on sticking strictly to the cliche, and sometimes wrong, by-the-books presentation.

What I would do is use it as an opportunity to go over all the major fields of science, how they interrelate, using the typical Powers of Ten framework, but including topics often left out (e.g., starting with quantum fields, rather than the atom), but when going over the methods of science, go over less-talked-about methods that are specific to the topic itself, and include the big philosophical questions that drive that particular field. Hit all the major points, while having a variety of topics that appeal to students at various difficulty levels. Also, my teaching methodologies would emphasize problem solving tools in the class, while leaving the lecture/presentation stuff as homework, guaranteeing that it won't be going over the same stuff for more advance students, while not being overwhelming to newer students.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Maybe, but I'm excited to get to all the expansions regardless lol. Apparently Shadowbringers is incredible.
stormblood's a very odd case

it was always regarded as 'good just not as good as heavensward's incredible high' for all its lifespan, but then shadowbringers flexed on both expansions harder than any game has ever flexed before and might be in the top 3 final fantasy games of all time

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Just finished the Yacht Club Thing. And.... shocker, I’m disappointed. Like, it was mostly stuff we already knew (although those amino costumes were pretty cool and it’s nice to have release dated). And the stuff we didn’t know about was pretty underwhelming. Like, what even is Shovel Knight Dig? It sounds like an iPhone spin-off. And I don’t think people want spinoffs at this point. We want to see where the series evolved and progresses.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
stormblood's a very odd case

it was always regarded as 'good just not as good as heavensward's incredible high' for all its lifespan, but then shadowbringers flexed on both expansions harder than any game has ever flexed before and might be in the top 3 final fantasy games of all time
Ah, gotcha. I'm super hyped to get to shadowbringers lol.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Still kind of a bummer that we've got to wait till December for King of Cards/ Shovel Knight Showdown

But hey, if it means super polished and jam packed updates, I ain't complaining

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Just finished the Yacht Club Thing. And.... shocker, I’m disappointed. Like, it was mostly stuff we already knew (although those amino costumes were pretty cool and it’s nice to have release dated). And the stuff we didn’t know about was pretty underwhelming. Like, what even is Shovel Knight Dig? It sounds like an iPhone spin-off. And I don’t think people want spinoffs at this point. We want to see where the series evolved and progresses.
It's an indie studio, there's not gonna be that much lol I'm just happy for a king of cards release date

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Girl the original release will only be finished once that update comes out. It'd be in pretty poor form to say you're working on a sequel before finishing the stretch goals, hence why people hate Freedom Planet 2

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It's an indie studio, there's not gonna be that much lol I'm just happy for a king of cards release date
It’s not that there wasn’t much. It’s that what was there was pretty underwhelming. Like, why have a livestream event when what you have could easily be summed up in like... two tweets.

Also. Dig looks like a mobile game. Why are they even bothering with a mobile game.
Girl the original release will only be finished once that update comes out. It'd be in pretty poor form to say you're working on a sequel before finishing the stretch goals, hence why people hate Freedom Planet 2
Wait, really? That happend? When I heard the sequel was in development I just assumed they’d finished the first game. What do they still have to do.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It’s not that there wasn’t much. It’s that what was there was pretty underwhelming. Like, why have a livestream event when what you have could easily be summed up in like... two tweets.

Also. Dig looks like a mobile game. Why are they even bothering with a mobile game.

Wait, really? That happend? When I heard the sequel was in development I just assumed they’d finished the first game. What do they still have to do.
2 whole DLC characters and a webcomic with story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom