• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
It's a difficult situation, for sure. I'm unable to view the link while at work due to twitter being blocked, but I reported your post so that other mods can hop on it. You aren't in trouble for it, it's just a way for me to add it to our mod queue.

They will likely move this post to forum support if they don't delete it, but they will offer support. I wish for the best for you in this situation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hey y'all what I been missing besides Tracer and the female fighter being debunked by ours truly VergeBen once again. Never thought we'd hear from him again.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
in awe of the wildness of this <1% chance of happening reality, absolute unit

1567023998687.png

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Have you considered taking some inspiration from Star Gladiator?
I’ll look into that.
Velociraptor businesses man.
I love.
Are you doing guests? If so, you could add ones like Sektor and just about any Jedi/Sith(or the others, like a joke one in Stormtrooper).

You could also have a cyborg animal. Gorillas make for a pretty easy model to modify alone. I almost am a fan of robotic wolves. >.>
I don’t like the idea of planning out guest characters except from other IPs I’ve created. I don’t want to presume I could afford the license for Mortal Kombat or Star Wars.

A robot wolf is a cool idea though.
in awe of the wildness of this <1% chance of happening reality, absolute unit

View attachment 235963
That’s cool. Where did it come from?

Ivander

Smash Legend
Everyone keeps saying that a potential Overwatch rep other than Tracer would be D.VA (With that one 'mech' post piggybacking of the original) and I just can't see it

I know 'Too Big for Smash' was a meme that Ridley tore apart but this is one instance where I feel it would have to hold true: D.Va's mech would have to be severely downsized when its canonically MUCH bigger than she is.

It would look incredibly awkward with D.va herself being like ZSS' height when she exits it and winds up being as tall as her mech if they shrank it to like the size of DK or something. You could say "The mech is the Final Smash", but D.va is known for fighting primarily inside the mech; and if you're going to have an OW rep be running and shooting, Tracer IS the better option
The MEKA is actually not that big.

Not only that, but one other Overwatch character, Roadhog, is just as big as the MEKA itself. Reinhardt is also just as big than the MEKA when he's in his armor.

Reinhardt is the big Knight with the hammer and Roadhog is the one in the gas-mask. Physically, Roadhog is the biggest character and would be around K.Rool/Bowser size. So D.Va would likely be around Pit's size while the MEKA would be around K. Rool/Bowser size.

So it actually wouldn't be that awkward. D.Va wouldn't get affected by size issues because she rides her MEKA differently. She doesn't sit in a cockpit like most other Mechas. She is on her front like a gamer playing a video game on their front(basically, on their stomach, legs bending upward, head looking forward and arms out) when controlling the MEKA. And the MEKA itself would be around K.Rool/Bowser size.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Hey y'all what I been missing besides Tracer and the female fighter being debunked by ours truly VergeBen once again. Never thought we'd hear from him again.
Verge didn't do anything notable. He told us that an Overwatch port was happening a day after it hit the internet, and then he refused to comment on the text rumor (the rumor is fake, but you could argue his choice to not comment suggests that an Overwatch character really is in.)

Doubt we'll get any more Smash info out of Verge. He hasn't leaked any real info since before Ultimate was released, that is unless you consider him piggybacking off another leaker who knew about Banjo as him leaking something.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
He-he-here we go!

He’s finally here, writing this post.
Does he have a life? Well the answer is NO.
Smash that like button if you enjoyed this crap.
As I take you through this NOIPOI RAP.

HUH

NOI! POI! IS A DORK.

NOI! POI! IS A ****ING GEEK.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
whete do ya live? Im guessing florida?
Yup, florida. Luckily away from the eastern side, but still.

What the hell are you talking about?
Mercedes is a car brand. Fire Emblem is a game brand. Mercedes von Fire Emblem sounds like a brand crossover.

The user made a mention about how the character could be trans. So I made a joke about TRANSmission, along with a joke about permadeath since it's FE.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Yup, florida. Luckily away from the eastern side, but still.

Mercedes is a car brand. Fire Emblem is a game brand. Mercedes von Fire Emblem sounds like a brand crossover.

The user made a mention about how the character could be trans. So I made a joke about TRANSmission, along with a joke about permadeath since it's FE.
with all due respect, how in the world would she be trans?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
If Banjo doesn’t release on the 21st night of September, we riot.
masahiro sakurai of sora ltd stares out of his window in horror as smash fans everywhere riot because banjo released on september 20th instead of september 21st

he wonders, for a fleeting moment, where everything went wrong, before sighing and jamming another sixteen IV drips into his wrist

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
If Banjo doesn’t release on the 21st night of September, we riot.
Let's be honest, there's gonna be a riot no matter what.

Banjo isn't released in September? Riot.
Banjo is OP? Riot.
Banjo desperately needs buffs? Riot.
Subpar list of music tracks? Riot.
Fighter #4 isn't released in September? Riot?
Fighter #4 isn't what people wanted? Riot?
Everything goes well? Riot because Fighter #5 still hasn't been revealed yet.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Gotta be real, I'm getting tired of the same 3 Jojo references being made over and over again, especially within places that have nothing to do with Jojo. It's literally Rick and Morty all over again.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
If by debunked you mean him saying "Yeah, I'm not commenting" then yeah
*Overwatch themed Switch game is leaked, licensed by Nintendo and Blizzard, then immediately taken down*
Vergeben: Oh yeah, Overwatch is coming to Switch.

No **** Sherlock. I have been on Verge's side most of the time, but the arrogance of (paraphrasing), "nobody knows for sure if the case means a Switch port, and I confirmed it." The... arrogance. :chuckle: Who in their right mind thinks a port is not happening now? I think the only question now is, will there be a Direct soon and will Overwatch be in it. But I can't imagine a port not coming now, with or without Verge's late help.

Last edited:

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
with all due respect, how in the world would she be trans?
Dude I don't even know who the character is, I was going off what the original person said lol

Gotta be real, I'm getting tired of the same 3 Jojo references being made over and over again, especially within places that have nothing to do with Jojo. It's literally Rick and Morty all over again.
Oh? You're approaching me? etc

It's not nearly as bad as Rick and Morty though, with the screeching about pickle rick and others.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Oh? You're approaching me? etc

It's not nearly as bad as Rick and Morty though, with the screeching about pickle rick and others.
I'll give you that, it's niwhere near as bad as Pickle Rick, but the absolute worst has to be that one sauce McDonalds had for a limited time due to that show, and everything surrounding it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom