• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Gotta be real, I'm getting tired of the same 3 Jojo references being made over and over again, especially within places that have nothing to do with Jojo. It's literally Rick and Morty all over again.
I must be strange because I've never seen jojo but I love jojokes for some reason
I've been thinking about this for awhile

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'll give you that, it's niwhere near as bad as Pickle Rick, but the absolute worst has to be that one sauce McDonalds had for a limited time due to that show, and everything surrounding it.
I don't watch the show, but I'm impressed by how insane the fanbase is. I live in a town that really doesn't keep up with Twitter or anything else requiring the internet, so I was able to get about 10 of those sauce cups. My orginal plan was to just eat the sauce, but a friend suggested I put them on Ebay. I thought he was joking, but I listed one anyway just to see what would happen.

The bid started at $1.00, ended at $22.75.

D

Deleted member

If there's no evidence saying Mercedes von Fire Emblem isn't trans, then that's proof she is trans.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'll give you that, it's niwhere near as bad as Pickle Rick, but the absolute worst has to be that one sauce McDonalds had for a limited time due to that show, and everything surrounding it.
As a Rick and Morty fan! Yeah, that **** was super embarrassing.

Although I did legit get addicted to Szechuan Sauce while McDonalds had it.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Gotta be real, I'm getting tired of the same 3 Jojo references being made over and over again, especially within places that have nothing to do with Jojo. It's literally Rick and Morty all over again.
JoJo is my favorite series period, but I completely understand.

Just about every episode has a quotable moment, but half the fanbase just go “KONO DIO DA,” “ZA WARUDO,” or “ORA ORA ORA.”

There’s so much material to satire or make jokes about, and I love doing it, but don’t do the same three jokes people.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Just about every episode has a quotable moment, but half the fanbase just go “KONO DIO DA,” “ZA WARUDO,” or “ORA ORA ORA.”

There’s so much material to satire or make jokes about, and I love doing it, but don’t do the same three jokes people.
The new Jojo meme is Il Vento d'Oro and "I, giorno giovanna...."

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
There's supposed to be a tropical storm/hurricane passing through my area right now but there's no rain or anything at my house. How odd.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130

I've only just started watching part 3 so I dunno how it's gonna feel finally watching this stuff that's been memed to death

You're right though, there were plenty of great smaller moments in 1 and 2 that a lot of the fanbase seem to completely gloss over or half acknowledge

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer

"There's a shark in my soup! Quick, get in the turtle!" is a great moment.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Um ackshually you're thinking of Mu-12, with Nu-13 being another clone. *pushes up glasses*
Yeah, that's who I meant. Got mixed up there because I had some ideas for Nu-13 in Smash.

I personally imagine Nu-13 would be fitting a stage boss if we get the Cauldron from Calamity Trigger as the BlazBlue stage to go along with whichever BlazBlue rep we get.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Playing through Fire Emblem Fates (the Birthright Route), and I'm not liking it as much as Awakening.

Part of it seems to be because the cast feels forgettable - outside of the royal family, I can only remember a handful of characters. It likely doesn't help that many of them don't seem to have a lot of story relevance. It's likely better that the game focuses on the royal family, but a big reason why I enjoy playing RPGs is because of the story and characters. I like how most of the cast gets focus and their time in the sun, like in Final Fantasy 7, where everyone has a story arc during the second disc. Here, characters just show up, say they're from Hoshido, and join the party, only to do nothing of note beyond that point.

It likely doesn't help that the cast seems implausibly young. I'm on chapter twelve, and out of the entire army that I've built up, there are only two, maybe four, of the characters that look over eighteen (Saizo, Kagerou, maybe Azama and Reina), and it doesn't help that a lot of the others look generically "cute", for the lack of a better word. There's nobody like Fredrick, Gregor, Basilio, or Miriel in the entire group to stand out in a visual sense. People like Oboro and Hinata just blend together for me.

I'm also not a fan of how many of the benefits of teaming two units up seem to have been removed. In Awakening, pairing units up meant that they could both fight in a battle, allowing both of them to gain experience. In Fates, this only seems to be the case when units are beside each other, and given that certain units travel much further than others, or can travel over terrain that others can't, it makes it harder to level up my party and build up their social ranks.

I'm hoping that the other routes, or Fire Emblem: Three Houses, have more variety in terms of character designs and gives the supporting cast more to do. In Awakening, I liked the unexpected significance of characters like Virion, and the way that the team-up mechanic was handled made it much easier to build those social links and grow attached to those characters.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Playing through Fire Emblem Fates (the Birthright Route), and I'm not liking it as much as Awakening.

Part of it seems to be because the cast feels forgettable - outside of the royal family, I can only remember a handful of characters. It likely doesn't help that many of them don't seem to have a lot of story relevance. It's likely better that the game focuses on the royal family, but a big reason why I enjoy playing RPGs is because of the story and characters. I like how most of the cast gets focus and their time in the sun, like in Final Fantasy 7, where everyone has a story arc during the second disc. Here, characters just show up, say they're from Hoshido, and join the party, only to do nothing of note beyond that point.

It likely doesn't help that the cast seems implausibly young. I'm on chapter twelve, and out of the entire army that I've built up, there are only two, maybe four, of the characters that look over eighteen (Saizo, Kagerou, maybe Azama and Reina), and it doesn't help that a lot of the others look generically "cute", for the lack of a better word. There's nobody like Fredrick, Gregor, Basilio, or Miriel in the entire group to stand out in a visual sense. People like Oboro and Hinata just blend together for me.

I'm also not a fan of how many of the benefits of teaming two units up seem to have been removed. In Awakening, pairing units up meant that they could both fight in a battle, allowing both of them to gain experience. In Fates, this only seems to be the case when units are beside each other, and given that certain units travel much further than others, or can travel over terrain that others can't, it makes it harder to level up my party and build up their social ranks.
i mean, fates is considered one of the series's lowest points for good reasons

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Before I dive into Final Fantasy 14 for a few hours:

Part 5 was so freaking good. Might be my current favorite part.
For me, in terms of the anime:
5>2>4>3>1

Currently reading Part 6 of the manga, and once I catch up I’m going back to Part 1, because I hear the first three parts of the manga, especially Part 3, are arguably better than their anime adaptations.

D

Deleted member

Hey guys. I'm interested in Chrono Trigger but the only way I can immediately access it is the mobile version on Android. I highly doubt it's the best version of the game, but is it a version that would be okay to play as my first and really only exposure to the game?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Hey guys. I'm interested in Chrono Trigger but the only way I can immediately access it is the mobile version on Android. I highly doubt it's the best version of the game, but is it a version that would be okay to play as my first and really only exposure to the game?
Ya don’t have a DS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom