• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah they said they were gonna drop them and work on the sequel which I swear has been dead for like 2 years
Oh. That..... sucks.

Edit: I just checked their website and the last developers blog was in February 2019. Still a worrying amount of silence. But not as worrying as two years.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Trying to kick my computer in the ass to run TF2 better. I should probably just get a new computer but uh... that's expensive lmao so I'm just gonna fiddle with the settings until it's at least playable.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Trying to kick my computer in the *** to run TF2 better. I should probably just get a new computer but uh... that's expensive lmao so I'm just gonna fiddle with the settings until it's at least playable.
Probably needs a new computer but that’s too expensive so you keep running with the potato you have

Literally me

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
why the **** am i talking with the director of ff14

1567018446718.png

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Probably needs a new computer but that’s too expensive so you keep running with the potato you have

Literally me
Well, sometimes you gotta take what you can get. I have been wanting to play TF2 in the comforts of my home for YEARS.

TF2 isn't that big of a strain, and my computer has run it before, so odds are I'll get it working again.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
why the **** am i talking with the director of ff14
That was such a cool moment.

Well, sometimes you gotta take what you can get. I have been wanting to play TF2 in the comforts of my home for YEARS.

TF2 isn't that big of a strain, and my computer has run it before, so odds are I'll get it working again.
Good luck! Hopefully your internet works out for it. You're only on phone internet, right? Matches should work but downloads might be a pain.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Okay. I’m trying to make a roster for an original fighting game IP. The concrete is that of a sci-fi/futuristic version of SoulCalibur. I’m looking for ideas. Got any suggestions?

Note: There shall be no magic and no demons anywhere near this roster. Superpowers? Sure. But no magic.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Good luck! Hopefully your internet works out for it. You're only on phone internet, right? Matches should work but downloads might be a pain.
Oh yeah, the internet isn't the issue. Now the issue is making the match play without it loading menu switches. Or lagging in a match.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Okay. I’m trying to make a roster for an original fighting game IP. The concrete is that of a sci-fi/futuristic version of SoulCalibur. I’m looking for ideas. Got any suggestions?

Note: There shall be no magic and no demons anywhere near this roster. Superpowers? Sure. But no magic.
Have you considered taking some inspiration from Star Gladiator?

Noipoi

Howdy!

Velociraptor businesses man.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Are you doing guests? If so, you could add ones like Sektor and just about any Jedi/Sith(or the others, like a joke one in Stormtrooper).

You could also have a cyborg animal. Gorillas make for a pretty easy model to modify alone. I almost am a fan of robotic wolves. >.>

D

Deleted member

Long ago, the divine Shishœ received a revelation from the Goddess, a gift to help guide the lost...
"Mercedes von Fire Emblem is trans"

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Long ago, the divine Shishœ received a revelation from the Goddess, a gift to help guide the lost...
"Mercedes von Fire Emblem is trans"
I have no idea who that is, and I choose to believe it's a Mercedes / Fire Emblem crossover product that's marketed to trans people.

It probably drives great, with a great transmission. But watch out for perma death if you mess up.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Everyone keeps saying that a potential Overwatch rep other than Tracer would be D.VA (With that one 'mech' post piggybacking of the original) and I just can't see it

I know 'Too Big for Smash' was a meme that Ridley tore apart but this is one instance where I feel it would have to hold true: D.Va's mech would have to be severely downsized when its canonically MUCH bigger than she is.

1567021121596.png

It would look incredibly awkward with D.va herself being like ZSS' height when she exits it and winds up being as tall as her mech if they shrank it to like the size of DK or something. You could say "The mech is the Final Smash", but D.va is known for fighting primarily inside the mech; and if you're going to have an OW rep be running and shooting, Tracer IS the better option

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Everyone keeps saying that a potential Overwatch rep other than Tracer would be D.VA (With that one 'mech' post piggybacking of the original) and I just can't see it

I know 'Too Big for Smash' was a meme that Ridley tore apart but this is one instance where I feel it would have to hold true: D.Va's mech would have to be severely downsized when its canonically MUCH bigger than she is.

It would look incredibly awkward with D.va herself being like ZSS' height when she exits it and winds up being as tall as her mech if they shrank it to like the size of DK or something. You could say "The mech is the Final Smash", but D.va is known for fighting primarily inside the mech; and if you're going to have an OW rep be running and shooting, Tracer IS the better option
can't see an OW rep that isn't tracer ever happening full stop

she has been and always will be the face of the game and is always first in line for everything from merchandise to figurines to crossover appearances like heroes of the storm

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Y'all are gonna feel mighty silly when the trailer for Fighter #4 drops and it's actually Goku.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Personally I love this whole Tracer fiasco.

Up until now we had all settled into this groove, this routine of "Oh, Doomguy is a lock for sure" and "Leon/Jill are absolutely the most likely!" and so on and so on

Then Tracer comes along and everything has gone out the window. Now we're discussing all kinds of characters we never seriously considered before! Tracer, D.Va, Tron Bonne, 2B just to name a few. For better or for worse I'm glad this happened, it's livened things up again

D

Deleted member

I have no idea who that is, and I choose to believe it's a Mercedes / Fire Emblem crossover product that's marketed to trans people.

It probably drives great, with a great transmission. But watch out for perma death if you mess up.
This is Mercedes von Fire Emblem, while not a car, she's definitely somewhere in the Top 5 Best Girls

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Personally I love this whole Tracer fiasco.

Up until now we had all settled into this groove, this routine of "Oh, Doomguy is a lock for sure" and "Leon/Jill are absolutely the most likely!" and so on and so on

Then Tracer comes along and everything has gone out the window. Now we're discussing all kinds of characters we never seriously considered before! Tracer, D.Va, Tron Bonne, 2B just to name a few. For better or for worse I'm glad this happened, it's livened things up again
Anything to shake up speculation(that isn't drama-based, anyway) is fun for me.

We've had a very neat DLC set, with only one expected character at most(and how the character is portrayed caught many offguard, with Luminary being the "main" one despite the leaks). Banjo even coming in is amazing in itself. It does help he's been kept relevant overall via merchandise and advertising, but it's still great because lesser known characters can get in through popularity too.

The next two should be rather interesting as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom