• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I wanted to make a Scuttlebug partner for my Paper Mario game and I have some abilities/attacks in mind already but I’m having some trouble figuring out some interesting design or story details for this guy, any thoughts?

View attachment 234807View attachment 234809
I like the boxing idea. It wanting to be a runner but not being fast enough, or wanting to be like flutter but am obviously it couldn’t be, would be fun too

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Dude. You gotta. Even big RPGs these days have voice acting for everything. If Three Houses can do it, Paper Mario can do it.
Three Houses, a huge ass game meant as one of the biggest games of the year, a new mainline entry in a franchise that Nintendo now considers a major IP.
Paper Mario, a subseries which Nintendo has shown to not realy care about beyond brand recognition

I don't quite think they're on the same level

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Three Houses, a huge *** game meant as one of the biggest games of the year, a new mainline entry in a franchise that Nintendo now considers a major IP.
Paper Mario, a subseries which Nintendo has shown to not realy care about beyond brand recognition

True. But Three Houses also, based on my understanding, has far more voiced dialogue than Paper Mario ever would even need.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
True. But Three Houses also, based on my understanding, has far more voiced dialogue than Paper Mario ever would even need.
Do you know about supports? They're fun little conversations with the characters bonding. Entirely optional, but help flesh out and develop the cast a lot.

There are literally countless hours of dialogue JUST for the supports, that's how big it is in 3H

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I see Ive been away from this site too long. Good to see we got a social for Ultimate though

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
And you’ve never watched a cartoon before good sir.
No, China only appears upside down relative to where you started digging from.

Australia is this

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Do you know about supports? They're fun little conversations with the characters bonding. Entirely optional, but help flesh out and develop the cast a lot.

There are literally countless hours of dialogue JUST for the supports, that's how big it is in 3H
It sounds like you're both arguing the same point.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Three Houses, a huge *** game meant as one of the biggest games of the year, a new mainline entry in a franchise that Nintendo now considers a major IP.

Subseries or not, Paper Mario still sells just as much as FE. They're really not that far apart from each other.

And Nintendo does care about Paper Mario. Color Splash was the last major Nintendo game to release on the Wii U aside from BotW. I remember it getting a bit of promotion, despite the Switch already being revealed. The game itself wasn't bad either. You could tell that a little love was put into making it.

Shroob

Sup?
#HashtagHDThousandYearDoor

Aside from General White and the second half of Twilight Town(The backtracking to and from the steeple), that game was perfect.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Wouldn't be keen on voice acting in Paper Mario, but if they had to, would rather they took the Odyssey approach, which is ideal for Mario games IMO

Really liked the voice acting in WarioWare and hope it returns in future titles, though perhaps because the series is more irreverent than most other Nintendo titles, so you don't really have to worry about the risk of cheesy voice acting spoiling a serious scene

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
#HashtagHDThousandYearDoor

Aside from General White and the second half of Twilight Town(The backtracking to and from the steeple), that game was perfect.
Yeah that’s definitely something I want to make much less painful in my PM game. The backtracking. And probably omit side quests that send you a wild goose chase across multiple areas,

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Anyway, I'm probably going to do a Blue Lions or Black Eagles play through soon, but after having a lord who can fly it's going to be hard to go to an infantry and an armored one. I know I could just reclass them but I care about lore too much. Divine Pulse combined with a strong player phase also meant that I rarely felt incentivised to turtle which means armored units lose their main use.

I guess lategame Edelgaurde will probably be stuck in the back fighting off reinforcements or something while the main cavalry force charges ahead. Though hopefully they'll have designed Black Eagle maps with armored units in mind.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I still can't believe it took 17 years to get Melee's opening theme without the SFX.
I'm still waiting for the TV version of the MMPR second theme. The one with wind instruments. There's only the 4 minute variant at best. That's the sucky part about "show versions only" that were simply edits. There's other PR music unreleased. Like a non-SF version of the action music in Megaforce, aptly titled "Power of Megaforce". Though we finally got the action music for Power Rangers Mystic Force, so that's nice(I can't remember its name and would search it... if I didn't have to leave for work right away. I might be able to edit in a link later?)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Subseries or not, Paper Mario still sells just as much as FE. They're really not that far apart from each other.

And Nintendo does care about Paper Mario. Color Splash was the last major Nintendo game to release on the Wii U aside from BotW. I remember it getting a bit of promotion, despite the Switch already being revealed. The game itself wasn't bad either. You could tell that a little love was put into making it.
Colour Splash still ignored two of the biggest criticisms of Sticker Star while Miyamoto went "lmao **** you if you liked this as an RPG, this franchise exists solely for me to do whatever I want"

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Anyway, I'm probably going to do a Blue Lions or Black Eagles play through soon, but after having a lord who can fly it's going to be hard to go to an infantry and an armored one. I know I could just reclass them but I care about lore too much. Divine Pulse combined with a strong player phase also meant that I rarely felt incentivised to turtle which means armored units lose their main use.

I guess lategame Edelgaurde will probably be stuck in the back fighting off reinforcements or something while the main cavalry force charges ahead. Though hopefully they'll have designed Black Eagle maps with armored units in mind.
Giving Edel a ring that increase her mvt would help, but honestly, I say you shouldn't care about the lore too much, from what I heard, all 3 lords are really, really good, so having Edel on the backline would be a handicap imo, especially since Wywern (and maybe Great Knight) goes well on her.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Sooooooo, my copy of Three Houses is expected to arrive today and I plan to dive into it after I get off from work. Is there anything that I should know about before starting a Black Eagles run? I'm no FE expert so I'd really appreciate any tips that you guys have for me.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Is that the case anymore though?

Sticker Star, according to Wikipedia, sold around 1.9 million copies. Awakening, if I remember correctly, sold 2.3 million.

First week Japan-only sales of Three Houses totaled over 150,000 physical copies, with a large amount of estimated digital sales as well due to vouchers. Japan-only first week sales of Color Splash? Barely over 20,000.

Fire Emblem's sales since Awakening have been on an upswing, but Paper Mario's have been going down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom