• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64
I'm glad you're finding enjoyment in the new God of War. It might have seemed alienating at first but once you delve deeper into the game you can see the beauty of it. Santa Monica has been listening closely to criticism on the game and they are determined to make the next game even better. With how passionate Cory Balrog is towards this project I'm sure he'll strive for even higher grounds in the next game. The reveal of the Chaos Blades was my favorite part in this game as this is a moment that has been building up for a long time. Kratos cannot truly erase his past, and it will continue to haunt him till his last breath. It's a moment where Kratos accepts who he is but decides to move forward regardless. When I got my hands on the blades I became invested in Kratos far more than I initially expected, and it shows how good storytelling can be beneficial for games by making the player personally attached to the character they're playing as.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
So the other day a large group friends gathered to play Ultimate. Two guys (I don't really know very well) absolutely refused to play anything unless it was 100% competitive. So they just sat there acting impatient and annoyed until we played the way they played.

Now I know not all competitive people are like this. In fact I think most of them aren't. But dear lord do people like this make the competetive scene look insufferable. For heaven's sake, LEARN TO HAVE SOME FUN. Can't you do both?
My brother is kind of the same way. Almost every time we play smash he throws a fit and restarts the game if I turn on items. He's gotten more tolerant recently but jeez, not everything needs to be a competition.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
My brother is kind of the same way. Almost every time we play smash he throws a fit and restarts the game if I turn on items. He's gotten more tolerant recently but jeez, not everything needs to be a competition.
I like playing competetively too (although I'm not that good) but I play with all sorts of rules. Ultimate has so much to offer. It's a shame some people bubble themselves to one way of playing. Even casual players can be like this.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I feel like this remake phase Disney is going through isn't going to last forever. They'll run out of big hitters eventually. I'm kind of annoyed by it but not too worried.
Their plan after live action remakes is CGI animated remakes of the live action remakes.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I'm generally more casual but sometimes it's nice to change the rules, and if i'm playing with friends I usually let them choose.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm just dreading the day when they come out with the live-action Hunchback. One of my personal all time favorite Disney movies.

Disney why u keep doing this!?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think casual-competitive is a good way to describe myself? I exclusively play the standard 1v1 ruleset online and go to some locals in the next town over when I find time, but with friends it's always FFA, albeit usually with legal stages, no items or hazards, etc. I'm not against getting whacky with it sometimes, but it's not my preferred way to play.
That's the beauty of Smash though, it's so customizable that you can have fun with it no matter what your preference is.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I don't know if I've ever seen the original all the way through, but what I can say is that I loved the Kaa scene in the remake, even though I can see how you could be upset about the screen time.
Kaa didn’t have a ton of screentime in the original but he still had enough of a presence. I don’t mind the gender change, but it just felt a bit pointless considering she has like two minutes of screentime.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Has anyone ever tried Mexican Coca-Cola?
I have, and it's great. It's one of the only sodas I drink, and one of the only ones where I enjoy the taste.

I will say though, Mexican Coke (and Ginger Ale) I only sip on when I have a belly ache, or nausea, or something like that. It's good for treating stomach related ailments, and I know from experience due to having IBS (more likely than not).

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64
I'm glad you're finding enjoyment in the new God of War. It might have seemed alienating at first but once you delve deeper into the game you can see the beauty of it. Santa Monica has been listening closely to criticism on the game and they are determined to make the next game even better. With how passionate Cory Balrog is towards this project I'm sure he'll strive for even higher grounds in the next game. The reveal of the Chaos Blades was my favorite part in this game as this is a moment that has been building up for a long time. Kratos cannot truly erase his past, and it will continue to haunt him till his last breath. It's a moment where Kratos accepts who he is but decides to move forward regardless. When I got my hands on the blades I became invested in Kratos far more than I initially expected, and it shows how good storytelling can be beneficial for games by making the player personally attached to the character they're playing as.
Maybe it’s just because I’m weird. But I kind of was already attached emotionally to him. I know most people say it’s not there but I felt like there were plenty of small moments of humanity to him in the Greek era that made him relatable. Maybe it’s just because I have my own anger issues....

One thing I really hope they do it do something about Christopher Judge. Don’t get me wrong it’s a marvelous performance. But the dude can not yell. He tries during things like rage mode and it just doesn’t sound good. Not to mention, when he had to talk and yell at the same time, like that one puzzle in Tyr’s vault. I swear he said boy with a southern accent there.

Honestly, I know TC Carson doesn’t sound old enough for what they wanted to do, but I feel like some of those lines, like when he was telling Atreus to be better than him, would have resonated more coming from him. I really feel like his voice needs to be heard at some point going forward.

I’m excited to see what they do in the sequel. You know, honestly I was kind of hoping the Aesir wouldn’t be as big a bag of ***** as the olympians. Just from what I know of Thor in general, he and Kratos feel like they would get along rather well.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
So the other day a large group friends gathered to play Ultimate. Two guys (I don't really know very well) absolutely refused to play anything unless it was 100% competitive. So they just sat there acting impatient and annoyed until we played the way they played.

Now I know not all competitive people are like this. In fact I think most of them aren't. But dear lord do people like this make the competetive scene look insufferable. For heaven's sake, LEARN TO HAVE SOME FUN. Can't you do both?
This is part of the reason that I eventually started to dislike Melee compared to the other games. So many people would go on and on about how Melee was the "better game" because it was "more competitive," sometimes it's just fun to play a couple bat**** crazy matches full of items and nonsense.

Before Smash 4 came out, my only options when playing with friends were Melee and Project M (I can't stand Project M for a few reasons) because the friend whose house we would play at refused to play vanilla Brawl.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Kaa didn’t have a ton of screentime in the original but he still had enough of a presence. I don’t mind the gender change, but it just felt a bit pointless considering she has like two minutes of screentime.
I'm personally glad they did change the gender because I think Scarlett did an excellent job. They way she played it really felt hypnotic, like I was enthralled by her voice but also disturbed in a weird way.

Hey, if you know anyone who went to EVO, and is unvaccinated against Measels, tell them to get checked. Some guy had measels and was in Vegas at the same time of the event, this can't be a coincedence.
I hope I don't get an infraction for this, but...

Don't be stupid, get vaccinations.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
D

Deleted member

So the 2 recently announced wayforward games are gonna be playable at pax west on August 30 meaning we should get a nindies summer presentation next week or the week after next before pax and following that nindies presentation we should get a Nintendo direct in September which would possibly reveal :ultbanjokazooie: release date and likely reveal challenger pack 4...him
CCD449B8-8F88-4319-9844-E58D4A093FB0.jpeg

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I know it's only been since e3 since our last announcement but man..it seems like it's been a lot longer. Probably the lack of any leaks. Wonder why there haven't been any.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Dovahkin would be very disappointing imo same would go to vault boy.
Lets be real though almost anything you can say about Doomguy can also be applied to Dovahkin. It's not a Steve vs. Banjo, its more like a Mario vs. Luigi (pretend that neither are playable), almost neither Doomguy or Dragonborn have a clear advantage tbh.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
EVO has been mess structurally this year. There was the whole David Hayter thing, then there was some issues with roofies, and now a possible measles outbreak.

Woo-Hoo.
E3 had some controversies this year too. There was the bathroom thing with the streamer filming, Greg Miller getting banned before they realized the mistake, and then the fact that everyone who applied for media passes had their information publicly posted on E3's website.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Lets be real though almost anything you can say about Doomguy can also be applied to Dovahkin. It's not a Steve vs. Banjo, its more like a Mario vs. Luigi (pretend that neither are playable), almost neither Doomguy or Dragonborn have a clear advantage tbh.
I see where you're coming from but I feel like doomguy is a lot more popular both inside and outside the smash fanbase than dovahkin

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
E3 had some controversies this year too. There was the bathroom thing with the streamer filming, Greg Miller getting banned before they realized the mistake, and then the fact that everyone who applied for media passes had their information publicly posted on E3's website.
...Bathroom thing...?

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
...Bathroom thing...?
popular streamer dr drisrespect was doing an IRL stream and filmed in a bathroom at one point, which got him banned from twitch for awhile

he didn't film in the stalls or anything but its still not allowed

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
popular streamer dr drisrespect was doing an IRL stream and filmed in a bathroom at one point, which got him banned from twitch for awhile

he didn't film in the stalls or anything but its still not allowed
and yet Alinity can get away with showing her bare ass and saying the N word (hard R) on stream

I will never not be salty about that

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I said it in the character discussion thread but we should get an argonian because they're the doom slayers of Tamriel.
for puritans.png

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I see where you're coming from but I feel like doomguy is a lot more popular both inside and outside the smash fanbase than dovahkin
Idk, both have made a name for themselves, like, Skyrim has that whole "BUY SKYRIM" meme that's still popular, as is pretty much on any modern device with a screen (and Alexa) with demand for a new Elder Scrolls game still high, and Doom is making a comeback with its new games.

I can't tell which one's more popular, both did a lot for their genres as well.

It definitely wouldn't be a Fallout rep though.

D

Deleted member

Doom is what inspired fps and is concidered the father of FPS explained by sakurai(https://twitter.com/AllSourceGaming/status/984425830980845568?s=20)it also has its history with Nintendo all of its games (excluding doom 64) are on the switch. This iconic pc game deserves to be in.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I think Doomguy/Doom Slayer is a better choice than Dovahkin because Doom just has more relevance to and a longer history with Nintendo. Doom was on SNES, N64, and now Switch, Elder Scrolls has one game on Switch.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I like Doom and TES, so getting a character from either is fine with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom