• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Dreamworks never made a live action film, and there's no reason for them to start doing so.

Universal is makkng remakes of it's already live action properties, not Dreamworks Animations. For the most part, Dreamworks really doesn't hop on trends, they tend to do their own thing.

In fact, if anything, Dreamworks helps START trends in the animation industrt, Shrek did a lot to modern animated films.
Give it time man...It'll inevitably happen. Its only a matter when they decide to.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
the reboot, then I'd be confused, but I'd be excited if he was based on any other Devil May Cry game (less so if it's entirely based on DMC1, but even then, I'd be cool with it).
Why do people keep referring him as reboot. All I saw wasn't Dante but some pothead impersonator addicted to crack that was trying to be like the Dante we all know and love whose real name was Don'te aka DINO (Dante In Name Only).

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Why do people keep referring him as reboot. All I saw wasn't Dante but some pothead impersonator addicted to crack that was trying to be like the Dante we all know and love whose real name was Don'te aka DINO (Dante In Name Only).
He seemed more like a methhead than pothead to me.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Give it time man...It'll inevitably happen. Its only a matter when they decide to.
Isn't Universal too busy remaking Back To The Future or something?

As well as ANOTHER Ghostbusters film?

Its obvious that they are focusing in remaking their in-house projects. I think Dreamworks may he acting independently, while still being owned by Universal.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
Pretty sure I saw Chicken Little when I was a kid, but I don't remember a thing about it.
Either it was very mediocre, or so horrible that I immediately erased it out of my memory.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Chicken Little felt like Disney trying to copy the DreamWorks formula and failed to understand what made it work. I can’t recall many other Disney films that had as many pop songs and pop culture references as that one.

Maybe Strange Magic but that was Lucasfilms distributed by Touchstone. At least Disney was smart enough to not put their name on that atrocity.

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Pretty sure I saw Chicken Little when I was a kid, but I don't remember a thing about it.
Either it was very mediocre, or so horrible that I immediately erased it out of my memory.
I don't remember a single thing from that movie either.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I haven't watched chicken little since I was like 4 is it really that bad?
I've come to see it as being very poorly written in recent years. It's far too cynical for a Disney film. It has none of the usual Disney magic and nowhere near enough positivity and character development to counteract it. The majority of the characters are needlessly cruel to the protagonist and his friends to very the last minute, and it never truly gets resolved in any meaningful way.

It doesn't help that the film looks and feels like a copycat of DreamWorks' films at the time.

Chicken Little felt like Disney trying to copy the DreamWorks formula and failed to understand what made it work. I can’t recall many other Disney films that had as many pop songs and pop culture references as that one.
Does Strange Magic count as a Disney film?

Because the majority of that film's songs were all just covers of pre-existing pop songs. On the other hand, I don't recall there being nearly as many pop culture references in that film, at least.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I have the most bold prediction I will ever make:

I will be worn out of listening to Wizard of Oz music come next Tuesday.

I just hope this second spoiler goes unnoticed. If it does, I hope whoever notices it doesn’t post the Wizard of Oz soundtrack.

D

Deleted member

Isn't Universal too busy remaking Back To The Future or something?
Apparently the director and the producer for the films are still staunchly against a reboot/remake, and since Universal would need their permission to make a new one I don't think it'll happen.
Good thing too, the BttF trilogy is basically perfect, even if a new movie ended up being good it still wouldn't be able to stand up against the others.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I need to think of some new Smash type content for my channel... Maybe I could stream some games.

Last edited:

Slime Master

Smash Ace
> Playing DQB2
> Terraforming some of the island to snowy terrain
> You do this by placing giant popsicles on the ground, calling a friendly powie yowie (big fluffy yeti boy) to eat it and breathe icy breath on the surrounding area
> I accidentally place a popsicle in a bad spot, which would mean I have to waste another one to not make things look bad
> Just as the powie comes by to eat it, I pick it back up to move it
> powie licks up the air where it used to be, pauses for a moment, then starts to walk away

I'm so sorry friend...

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Because the majority of that film's songs were all just covers of pre-existing pop songs. On the other hand, I don't recall there being nearly as many pop culture references in that film, at least.
It counts just as much as any other film distributed by Touchstone.

And it was entirely all covers of pop songs because it was a jukebox musical, the only genre where I have yet to find ANY film that I could even remotely like, that one especially since there were 13 POP SONGS in that movie.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

It was made by LucasFilm after the buyout, AND it was distributed by Disney's Touchstone label...

So.... yeah, it's just not a "Walt Disney Animation Studio" film :yoshi:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I have the most bold prediction I will ever make:

I will be worn out of listening to Wizard of Oz music come next Tuesday.

I just hope this second spoiler goes unnoticed. If it does, I hope whoever notices it doesn’t post the Wizard of Oz soundtrack.
I felt weirdly compelled to post this, I don't know why.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yT2Pkh_qlUc

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
It was made by LucasFilm after the buyout, AND it was distributed by Disney's Touchstone label...

So.... yeah, it's just not a "Walt Disney Animation Studio" film :yoshi:
Only on a technical level, Touchstone is basically Disney’s distribution company for films that they don’t directly want their name under. And I can see why with Strange Magic.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Only on a technical level, Touchstone is basically Disney’s distribution company for films that they don’t directly want their name under. And I can see why with Strange Magic.
Funny right...

This is a movie with WDAS actually having a hand in its development AND has Disney characters in it, yet they didn't want their name on it :yoshi:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I really want the asset of Joker holding his phone but I have no idea where to find it. Already tried Spriters Resource. Any ideas?

Iridium

Smash Hero
They actually acknowledged the "it's too soon" argument as well, and I think it's a fair response:

On top of this, they mentioned that in a month or two they'd look at his numbers and have another discussion.

As for the moveset, I agree that Magic Burst is probably the move I have the biggest issue with over all of them. The amount of recovery options it covers are insane and while it does come with a big cost, Hero generates magic very quickly so it's not too much of a downside.

His neutral and side b are both insanely strong (I'd argue stronger than 90% of his menu spells) but at least they're consistent, and you know when they're coming out (stronger versions have a windup animation). That's also why I'm fine with Zoom, as the discovery that it gets more likely when you get within a certain distance of the bottom blast zone makes it so that you can be relatively sure they'll use it. If they do, you can rush to the middle of the stage and catch them with the anti-air.

Like I said, I don't agree that Hero should be banned, but I don't think their reasoning is awful. I also think they shouldn't be getting as much **** as they are considering A. They're a scene only in South Australia and B. This ban most likely won't affect the decision making of large T.O's all that much.
Coming out of hiatus this once to say I agree. There's no guarantee this ban is permanent, and I've seen a lot of people say he isn't broken as if that's what was being argued. Very likely it won't last too long at all if Hero doesn't prove himself to be an issue to them, although you can argue his RNG doesn't only benefit him. No other scene seems to want to do the same thing as of right now; competitive Smash won't suffer very much from a loss like this, especially coming from a relatively small region.

Honestly, it does look strange having a ban so early, but I'd rather see it experimented with now than later. Not to say I think it should have happened anyway, but they have time (quite a lot) to see he's not an exact danger. And I doubt this many people are going to pay attention to SA's scene regardless of what they're doing, even after this. Interestingly, I've observed the metagame over there, and I'm convinced heavies in general are very present; likely won't leave a dent in that.

On a side note, I remember when people everywhere saw Leffen start a petition not even two hours after Hero's presentation, and many of them thought it was completely serious for some reason. Then all of this just happens.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Disney originally released The Nightmare Before Christmas under Touchstone's name because they thought the film was too dark for their usual kids' demographic.

Nowadays after the film's huge success and acclaim, Disney isn't even remotely afraid to show their association with it.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Funny right...

This is a movie with WDAS actually having a hand in its development AND has Disney characters in it, yet they didn't want their name on it :yoshi:
Okay maybe my statement was a bit harsh, it’s moreso for films with darker and more mature themes but there are some instances where it feels like they don’t want to directly have their name on a film so they hand the wheel over to them.

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
the stage-theme/ballroom vibe it's got going makes me think it's related (given that kasumi's a dancer and her persona is cinderella), but it could be more related to the ugly commercial side of theatre and how she's rebelling against that
I wouldn't be surprised if this is right on the money. Maybe an overbearing parent/instructor who sees her as a tool to rise to stardom/wealth (would be EXTREMELY similar to Yusuke though so idk how to feel about it.)

Slightly related, I remember when Kasumi's awakening scene was shown there was a big deal made over how she had no blood on her face and what it meant. Did anything come of that?

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Personally I can’t wait for the live action Simpson’s movie now that Disney owns them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom