• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striga

Smash Journeyman
So, I found this:

For those who don’t know, both Link and Samus were going to be playable in the Wii version of Ultimate Alliance 1, but Nintendo shot the idea down due to the two being shown to them on the PS2 version of the game.

Still, it’s interesting to see to nonetheless. There is footage of Link, but it is so unbelievably brief:

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
If they **** up Stitch I swear to god-who am I kidding they’re gonna **** up Stitch...
watch as the movie starts with Lilo, who is now some random white girl,because Hollywood, who is not feeding Pudge
> Playing DQB2
> Terraforming some of the island to snowy terrain
> You do this by placing giant popsicles on the ground, calling a friendly powie yowie (big fluffy yeti boy) to eat it and breathe icy breath on the surrounding area
> I accidentally place a popsicle in a bad spot, which would mean I have to waste another one to not make things look bad
> Just as the powie comes by to eat it, I pick it back up to move it
> powie licks up the air where it used to be, pauses for a moment, then starts to walk away

I'm so sorry friend...
Powie: "there was something here, I swear there was"

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I doubt that Lilo would be white in the Lilo and Stitch movie, there's no way Disney would just ignore the whole cultural relevancy the plot has.

Then again, no matter what race a chracter is, Disney somehow always gets flak for it.

Lilo's gonna be a straight white male confirmed /s.

I'm gonna get infracted for this, am I?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I really have no idea what to play or do right now.

Could just play Smash, but I have Shadow Dragon, Golden Deer Route, maybe Blue Lions route (never Church route, sorry Seteth and Flayn), Dragon Quest IV and VIII, Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia, and finally get around to ALttP.

Been reading a ton of Spider-Man, but every time I get into one of the bigger collections I get pretty tired, and I’m tired already tonight.

I’m also aiming to get at least one of Gears 5 or Borderlands 3 and...it’s kinda tough to pick which one if I had to go with one. Open to suggestions.

Last edited:

Striga

Smash Journeyman
Doesn't matter to me what Disney does with their live-action movies.

I'll very likely won't watch it.
Same sentiment here. I don’t give a **** about Disney anymore. The only IPs of them that I actually cared about were MCU films and Star Wars, and now both are now are essentially dead to me. So, hope they don’t screw up people’s childhood too badly.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Doesn't matter to me what Disney does with their live-action movies.

I'll very likely won't watch it.
I'm in the same boat. It's been easy because all of the choices so far (e.g., Jungle Book, Dumbo, Aladdin, Lion King, etc) are movies I didn't watch as a kid. With the Little Mermaid, and if they make Lilo & Stitch, I'll be far more opinionated on them and would likely hate them from the get-go. Which is fine, less movies to see, less money I have to spend. :chuckle:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I hope Onward is good and does well enough in the box office to encourage Disney to not give up on original animated films. Not just sequels.
What, did Moana not do well or something? Because I still see merchandise for it.

Disney might be going overboard with rehashing old IPs, but its not going to draw in kids who don't have the nostalgia for it. There animation studios are how they keep new audiences coming. Animated family films is their brand.

Besides, when todays children are all grown up, Disney can just remake a live action Onward for them.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I feel like this remake phase Disney is going through isn't going to last forever. They'll run out of big hitters eventually. I'm kind of annoyed by it but not too worried.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I'm in the same boat. It's been easy because all of the choices so far (e.g., Jungle Book, Dumbo, Aladdin, Lion King, etc) are movies I didn't watch as a kid. With the Little Mermaid, and if they make Lilo & Stitch, I'll be far more opinionated on them and would likely hate them from the get-go. Which is fine, less movies to see, less money I have to spend. :chuckle:
Thats me with Lion King. Friend invited me out to see it and I said it dont look so hot. She said "Gurl, its lion king"
Is it bad that I kinda wanna see Pixar do a shot for shot remake the original Toy Story using the original audio but with the animation quality of TS4?
no because I guarantee that it would be a million times better than the shot for shot live action Lion King

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I really have no idea what to play or do right now.

Could just play Smash, but I have Shadow Dragon, Golden Deer Route, maybe Blue Lions route (never Church route, sorry Seteth and Flayn), Dragon Quest IV and VIII, Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia, and finally get around to ALttP.

Been reading a ton of Spider-Man, but every time I get into one of the bigger collections I get pretty tired, and I’m tired already tonight.

I’m also aiming to get at least one of Gears 5 or Borderlands 3 and...it’s kinda tough to pick which one if I had to go with one. Open to suggestions.
*someone mentions Three Houses in Social Thread; rises out of coffin*

Blue Lions.

*descends back into coffin*

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Thats me with Lion King. Friend invited me out to see it and I said it dont look so hot. She said "Gurl, its lion king"

no because I guarantee that it would be a million times better than the shot for shot live action Lion King
Ever since I've heard about the shady history of how Lion King was created, I feel an instinctual revulsion at the idea of watching anything Disney puts out.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
I haven't, is it good?
Well, kinda yeah. From what I've read online, this brand of Coca-Cola actually is more popular here than the regular kind we have due to having a more "natural tasting", something that was claimed from some people.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I hope Onward has more MCU actors that were dusted like Anthony Mackie, Elizabeth Olsen, Dave Bautista, Chadwick Boseman, Sebastian Stan, Benedict Cumberbatch, Samuel L. Jackson, Linda Cardellini, Vin Diesel, etc. and the movie is an in-joke that it’s where everyone went after the snap.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So in the past 4 days I played BotW a lot because I was in the mood for it. Idk why, I iust was.

Still fun, but still scouring the land for shrines and especially Korok seeds can get a bit exhausting.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
So the other day a large group friends gathered to play Ultimate. Two guys (I don't really know very well) absolutely refused to play anything unless it was 100% competitive. So they just sat there acting impatient and annoyed until we played the way they played.

Now I know not all competitive people are like this. In fact I think most of them aren't. But dear lord do people like this make the competetive scene look insufferable. For heaven's sake, LEARN TO HAVE SOME FUN. Can't you do both?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom