• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I see where you're coming from but I feel like doomguy is a lot more popular both inside and outside the smash fanbase than dovahkin
I'd say they'd be even outside of the fanbase. Doom has a legacy to it, but the influence Skyrim has had on video game culture and gaming as a whole cannot be understated itself. We still see jokes and references to the game nearly a decade out from its initial release, it's still influencing games like BotW, and even by itself it was notable enough that Nintendo thought it was important enough to use to promote the Switch at its initial showcase. Skyrim and Dovahkin have made a name for themselves, and I think that for many if both were represented in Smash it would be met with excitement and praise like Doomguy would.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Doom is what inspired fps and is concidered the father of FPS explained by sakurai(https://twitter.com/AllSourceGaming/status/984425830980845568?s=20)it also has its history with Nintendo all of its games (excluding doom 64) are on the switch. This iconic pc game deserves to be in.
Woah, lets slow down with the deserved word, its dangerous to use. And while I do agree that he did a lot for the FPS, lets not deny that the Elder Scrolls did a lot for the whole open world genre. Remember, they're still considered the magnus opum of open-world rpgs
I think Doomguy/Doom Slayer is a better choice than Dovahkin because Doom just has more relevance to and a longer history with Nintendo. Doom was on SNES, N64, and now Switch, Elder Scrolls has one game on Switch.
That's the one thing he has over him, but as far as third parties go, relevancy to Nintendo is all over the place lol.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
So the 2 recently announced wayforward games are gonna be playable at pax west on August 30 meaning we should get a nindies summer presentation next week or the week after next before pax and following that nindies presentation we should get a Nintendo direct in September which would possibly reveal :ultbanjokazooie: release date and likely reveal challenger pack 4...himView attachment 234803
Vitamin Connection is just the Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi cartoon.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
My most wanted characters at this point are mostly ridiculous pipe dreams.

Glover
Bonk
Agumon
Shantae
Rayman
Viewtiful Joe
I guess if I had to pick, i'd say Rayman deserves a spot. I'd like Sora too but I don't see him getting in any time soon.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I'm not sure why you fellas think Doom is on a different level than Elder Scrolls. Both franchises have heavily impacted the gaming industry and I'd argue both are equally iconic and important for gaming. The only thing that Doom has over Elder Scrolls is that it has a longer Nintendo history, but after Joker I'm not sure if that really matters in the long run. I believe Doomguy and Dovahkiin are both legitemate choices that stand on equal grounds. It's okay to have preferences (I prefer Doomguy myself but I'd be fine with Dovahkiin) but attempting to denounce one of them isn't gonna make the other likelier.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
As for Doom, not only is it a longer running iconic series, Sakurai specifically referenced John Carmack as the father of FPS, which is often used in support of it. Elder Scrolls is more recent, and the Fighter's Pass so far has been balanced in terms of long term iconic series (i.e., Banjo & Kazooie, Hero's alts) and popular, new iterations or new series (i.e., Joker, Hero's default). So, it's hard to say which way it would go. Since Doom got a recent resurgence with Nintendo with Doom coming to Switch, I would lean towards Doom by checking both boxes.

However, I'm skeptical of first person characters coming in. Well, we did have at least one.

And if you want to count Metroid Prime too...

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You know, the older I get, the more I really dislike Rent. Between the contradictory message and literally every main character being a terrible person and all that, I think I'm at the point where 525,600 Minutes is the only redeeming aspect lol.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
You know, the older I get, the more I really dislike Rent. Between the contradictory message and literally every main character being a terrible person and all that, I think I'm at the point where 525,600 Minutes is the only redeeming aspect lol.
Same dude, despite my local theatre production upbringing, I can’t for the life of me find myself liking Rent, there’s just way too many problems I have with it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
When you evolved an alola form there was a special,
Tropical remix of the evolution jingle that would play.

So I expect bagpipes when you evolve Galar forms.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I heard the Bethesda login requirement is finally gone from Doom I and II now. Might get them for Switch now.
When you evolved an alola form there was a special,
Tropical remix of the evolution jingle that would play.

So I expect bagpipes when you evolve Galar forms.
People listening with earphones
Game Freak
superhotfire.png

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It’s only quarter after midnight, why am I the last man on earth again?!
Sorry. I was playing God of War. I’m almost done with the main campaign. At least I think I am.

I know I’m probably missing out on a lot by not doing the sidequests but... I don’t really care. I’m at a pretty high power level and I have almost every skill unlocked. I don’t see a reason to do anything else but the main story.

Wunderwaft Wunderwaft
Al of my problems with Christopher Judge’s performance can be summed up in that one scene in Helheim where he’s actually supposed to be playing classic Kratos. It just doesn’t work. Would have been nice to at least here TC Carson’s voice there. And I really hope they find a place for him in the future. (Maybe some sort of time travel via the Mirror of Fate from GoW2?) Also, you can totally tell in that scene that they just slapped his classic outfit on the current model because he still has that giant beard.)

I don’t know if this will eventually happen if I sail around the Lake of Nine enough or not, but I really want to see Kratos just tell Atreus the story of what happened in the first 6 games. Sparing no details. That would just be too fun.

I wanted to make a Scuttlebug partner for my Paper Mario game and I have some abilities/attacks in mind already but I’m having some trouble figuring out some interesting design or story details for this guy, any thoughts?

The bottom one is wearing boxing gloves. Maybe he’s some sort of professional fighter?

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I wanted to make a Scuttlebug partner for my Paper Mario game and I have some abilities/attacks in mind already but I’m having some trouble figuring out some interesting design or story details for this guy, any thoughts?

View attachment 234807View attachment 234809
Radioactive scuttlebug is a super original idea that I've just come up with.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Noipoi

Howdy!

View attachment 234807View attachment 234809
Use webs to get to high places, patch holes, and trap enemies.

Boxing gloves to punch a ***** out.

His uncle is dead.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Okay what if we gave the Scuttlebug sneakers, had it shoot webs out of its mouth, and got two teenage monkeys to chill with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom